a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

:lol: Soviet Union style

On now, looks like I've been given the opportunity to purchase a fine three piece corner settee with only 6% interest, that's 18% apr! It's my lucky day!

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That suits me perfectly. Not being able to get over to too many games I don't mind spending a bit extra on the ticket and this increases my chances.

Not sure going for the more expensive ticket will necessarily increase your chances

I'm linked to my mates membership but for some bizarre reason the star next to our names which allow you to purchase tickets on each others behalf has disappeared. 

my mate is currently in the queue to enter the ballot for 2 tickets for us but I'm unsure whether or not it'll allow him to do it without the star being there?

thought I'd ring the box office in the meantime while he's waiting to get the star put back on and I'm 89th in a queue to get to speak to someone!

losing the will to live with this shite!  :lol:

• Like 1

The queue went back to the friendlies tickets! :lol: :lol:

What a parcel of shit! (I then got an email inviting me to a ballot via a link so it's done but what a fuck on as it wasn't advertised how you could apply to join a ballot. Shambolic tbh).

Dunno why it's this complicated?

Surely Season tickets holders have their seat first and foremost. (about 30k at the minute?)

Away teams have their allocations and can sort their own shit out. (say 5k)

Members have the option of a group or individual membership

Then those members enter a ballot for seat(s) at their chosen price point and have their money held until the end of the ballot (remaining 17k)

Once the ballot has ended, successful fans can long on and choose seats for them or their group on a first come first served basis?

Any seats left over, or returned by away fans can roll into a secondary ballot. 

Members accrue points by attending games which slightly increases their chances in the next ballot?

17 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

don't you think the good people of consett had it bad enough when the the steelworks closed in 1980?

why in the name of god would you want to inflict 25,000 mackems every other weekend on the overwhelmingly black and white north west country durham town?

bit of a nimby you I reckon, hang your fucking head in shame.

County Durham is mackem land marra.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Dunno why it's this complicated?

Surely Season tickets holders have their seat first and foremost. (about 30k at the minute?)

Away teams have their allocations and can sort their own shit out. (say 5k)

Members have the option of a group or individual membership

Then those members enter a ballot for seat(s) at their chosen price point and have their money held until the end of the ballot (remaining 17k)

Once the ballot has ended, successful fans can long on and choose seats for them or their group on a first come first served basis?

Any seats left over, or returned by away fans can roll into a secondary ballot. 

Members accrue points by attending games which slightly increases their chances in the next ballot?

Probably still trying to deal with legacy of an off the shelf booking system designed with a small caravan park in mind 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

is that you in the ballot then?

I've applied for me and the bairn. :good:Trouble is, like ackas says, you can only do one category, I chose two rather than category three which would've worked out cheaper as cat 2 has no discount for the 18-21 but I've a feeling cat 3 which does have the discount is right near the away fans. I'm going to have a look now for future reference but didn't have the time to look this morning.

• Like 2

Just had a look and not sure if the pic info is recent but category 3 is the corner of the Milburn L4 which would've been ok but also the very bottom rows of the Leazes which wouldn't have been ok. Far more choice with category two which is the rest of the Leazes plus Gallowgate etc. 

So I'll know by Friday if we've been successful. Apparently the next day people can transfer tickets if they're not going as maybe they might be suffering from PTSD from a recent car breakdown on a family holiday or an avian attack? 

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

On now, looks like I've been given the opportunity to purchase a fine three piece corner settee with only 6% interest, that's 18% apr! It's my lucky day!

CT will swap 🙂