a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you look at current maps I don’t think there’s enough room there anyway. Unless they buy the student accommodation off the university. I definitely think the proposed plan to move to Gateshead was a red herring back then btw. 

:lol: fuck me yeah I’d forgotten about Gateshead, we should do it again tbh, just for the fewm :D 

Some people suggesting the bbc plot at the top of Barrack Road… are they still in there? Seems smaller than Castle Leazes to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just reading comments on Twitter… not many from members of NUFC trust, who appear to be quiet today 😏

I'll be surprised, though not shocked, if you cant choose a price bracket tomorrow
Surely a sensible approach would be to have 3 (or however many) tiers of tickets and allow you to choose which ones you want to be in

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you look at current maps I don’t think there’s enough room there anyway. Unless they buy the student accommodation off the university. I definitely think the proposed plan to move to Gateshead was a red herring back then btw. 

If there were resident objections to Castle Leazes at the time they will be 10 fold now, Ricky road has been totally transformed with hundreds of new student blocks in the past few years, also the cancer research centre I used to work in located that area, along with other Uni buildings, can't see them going anywhere. In any case it's getting a bit far from the centre. I just can't see past SJP redevelopment, though I can't see it satisfying demand either. 

54 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

£44 to £74. 

Cunts taking the piss. 

well and fucking truly.

no choice in where you want to sit, a linked application whereby you might hope to get a seat with a mate counts as one entry in the ballot rather than two, fucking ludicrous, they've as good as obliterated the opportunity of taking your child to the match unless you're happy for them to sit at the opposite side of the ground to you.

waste of £37, I hope the cunts get bombarded with complaints.

just as an aside, I noticed the other day you mentioned you thought n.u.s.t. were complicit in the new membership scheme, you still think that's the case?

there's not many bigger critics than me of the useless twats but even I don't think they could have had any input in to this shite, the club probably don't give a flying fuck what they think.

anyway, £44 for a home game against villa, they can go and fuck themselves, that's a 30% hike on last seasons price along with the near 40% increase in the membership cost.

back to hoping for the goodwill and generosity of others for the odd away ticket for me, well, until such time as they're made digital too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

well and fucking truly.

no choice in where you want to sit, a linked application whereby you might hope to get a seat with a mate counts as one entry in the ballot rather than two, fucking ludicrous, they've as good as obliterated the opportunity of taking your child to the match unless you're happy for them to sit at the opposite side of the ground to you.

just as an aside, I noticed the other day you mentioned you thought n.u.s.t. were complicit in the new membership scheme, you still think that's the case?

there's not many bigger critics than me of the useless twats but even I don't think they could have had any input in to this shite, the club probably don't give a flying fuck what they think.

anyway, £44 for a home game against villa, they can go and fuck themselves, that's a 30% hike on last seasons price along with the near 40% increase in the membership cost.

back to hoping for the goodwill and generosity of others for the odd away ticket for me, well, until such time as they're made digital too. 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/man-city-a-ticket-news-23-24/

Following supporter consultation there will be a limited allocation open to season ticket holder ballot for those who do not meet the away points threshold. This ballot will go live after the final points drop and will be open for entry for 24 hours.

There will be the opportunity of digital away tickets at certain clubs across the season, starting with the Manchester City match, where United will be allocated a portion of digital tickets. Please note these digital tickets and all paper tickets are for the sole use of the supporter making the purchase under their Newcastle United supporter number and are strictly non-transferable.

There will be random spot checks at away stadiums throughout the season and failure to produce appropriate ID matching the purchaser supporter number will result in removal of your loyalty points and/or your season ticket being voided. 

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: fuck me yeah I’d forgotten about Gateshead, we should do it again tbh, just for the fewm :D 

Some people suggesting the bbc plot at the top of Barrack Road… are they still in there? Seems smaller than Castle Leazes to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

BBC circled here, Hunter's moor is big enough but again canny far out. ALthough if we could somehow merge the Magedia BBC into the ground for the SMB fewm shits and giggles, it nmight be worth considering. 👍

image.thumb.png.a3e9a839fa714dd4c4d0de0fdb76292e.png

1 minute ago, ackas said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/man-city-a-ticket-news-23-24/

Following supporter consultation there will be a limited allocation open to season ticket holder ballot for those who do not meet the away points threshold. This ballot will go live after the final points drop and will be open for entry for 24 hours.

There will be the opportunity of digital away tickets at certain clubs across the season, starting with the Manchester City match, where United will be allocated a portion of digital tickets. Please note these digital tickets and all paper tickets are for the sole use of the supporter making the purchase under their Newcastle United supporter number and are strictly non-transferable.

There will be random spot checks at away stadiums throughout the season and failure to produce appropriate ID matching the purchaser supporter number will result in removal of your loyalty points and/or your season ticket being voided. 

for fuck's sake.

• Like 1

But this is the missed opportunity imo, where I work, the Helix, would have been perfect 20 years ago. Then the Helix buildings could have been located more centrally in the SJP site. Never mind, joined up thinking doesn't often happen in this country. 

image.thumb.png.e00a3f8f1224e0f548fc3a67631e3967.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, strawb said:

In a similar vein. Buy the stadium of shite, make them play at consett. 

Play there for a year while we redevelop st James 

I like this.  
It has the added fewm generation capability of making them pay us to play back at their home toilet when we’re finished with it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

well and fucking truly.

It’s a fucking shitshow. This is before you consider that people in ambulant categories can’t pick a ticket that fits their situation so basically have to roll the dice or not go. TBH, we should have seen this coming with the CL pricing hike and the fact they had the bare faced cheek to charge £20 for a friendly over Christmas but it’s becoming very worrying that this lot seemingly have no concept of what makes the stadium work as it did last season and as it has in the past. If they want to price out the regular fan in order to make us a “brand”, we’ll see what Eddie Howe thinks when he’s losing 40% of the crowd noise when he needs it in a big game next season. 

The Villa game is at home, I want to see if Wor Flags has the brass to make a display condemning it as you’d get in Germany. Forget about being pally with Mehdrad and the lads, they need raked over the coals for this shit.

Also, £70+ for a ticket when you’ve got the Newcastle Food Bank on every corner of the ground on a match day is genuinely offensive.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, strawb said:

In a similar vein. Buy the stadium of shite, make them play at consett. 

Play there for a year while we redevelop st James 

don't you think the good people of consett had it bad enough when the the steelworks closed in 1980?

why in the name of god would you want to inflict 25,000 mackems every other weekend on the overwhelmingly black and white north west country durham town?

bit of a nimby you I reckon, hang your fucking head in shame.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s a fucking shitshow. This is before you consider that people in ambulant categories can’t pick a ticket that fits their situation so basically have to roll the dice or not go. TBH, we should have seen this coming with the CL pricing hike and the fact they had the bare faced cheek to charge £20 for a friendly over Christmas but it’s becoming very worrying that this lot seemingly have no concept of what makes the stadium work as it did last season and as it has in the past. If they want to price out the regular fan in order to make us a “brand”, we’ll see what Eddie Howe thinks when he’s losing 40% of the crowd noise when he needs it in a big game next season. 

The Villa game is at home, I want to see if Wor Flags has the brass to make a display condemning it as you’d get in Germany. Forget about being pally with Mehdrad and the lads, they need raked over the coals for this shit.

Also, £70+ for a ticket when you’ve got the Newcastle Food Bank on every corner of the ground on a match day is genuinely offensive.

aye. spot on mate.

This electronic id for away tickets is going to destroy the away following imo. 

I know it seems unfair that people with points add to them and keep them by passing tickets on whatever proportion of the time but I think that it is a system that most people are happy with.

Itll be interesting to see if "hardliners" still buy the tickets for shit or inconvenient trips to ensure access to "big" games and whether those tickets will be unused if they can't be transferred. 

I'd assumed you'd be able to nominate a list  of names that would be eligible for transfer via an app but if they're stopping all transfers then it's shit. 

Not defending the owners but you can give our friends in the premier league a big thanks for doing everything they can to limit our revenue streams too. 

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

don't you think the good people of consett had it bad enough when the the steelworks closed in 1980?

why in the name of god would you want to inflict 25,000 mackems every other weekend on the overwhelmingly black and white north west country durham town?

bit of a nimby you I reckon, hang your fucking head in shame.

Watch your mouth southerner.

*Replace Consett with any other town you have had a bad experience in

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I like this.  
It has the added fewm generation capability of making them pay us to play back at their home toilet when we’re finished with it. 

Nah, knock down the toilet afterwards and build a statue to Adam Johnson

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I like this.  

We could change the seats from pink to black and white. Get the MLFs to do it, give them a free pint and a westlers 'burger'.