Fede The Mole Must Start v Carrot Crunching Remainers - LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU!

wykikitoon

Speaking of VAR, how the fuck did it take several minutes plus a check in person to award our penalty. It was absolutely obvious and shouldn’t have needed a VAR decision anyway. It was as if they were trying to find something not to have to give it and shifting the blame to the ref.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OTF said:

This. I still have hope for Lewis (until Jan 😉) and for me Manquillo is miles ahead of Ritchie as a fullback. Schar and Fernandez have ball playing technique that Lascelles lacks. If we're going to try to adopt a new style of play they should suit it better.

Begs the question wtf have they been doing leaving Fernandez on the bench all these weeks   

• Like 2

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Begs the question wtf have they been doing leaving Fernandez on the bench all these weeks   

He hasn't even been making the squad, has he? I blame Jones for poisoning the new lads' minds against him. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ah yeah. 

It's mental how we keep relentlessly failing to win and yet no one can put a gap of more than 6 points between us and safety. 

AND YES I UNDERSTAND THAT DECEMBER MAY WELL PUT PAID TO THAT! 

I don't really think we will stay up now. That was a must win for me and with other results going against us, the players don't have the quality and consistency to pull themselves out of it. 

• Like 1

Another home game vs Burnley. Beat them and it could a 3 point gap.

Although after Howe catching COVID, Darlow chucking one in his own net and Clark getting a red card after 9minutes, fuck knows how we will engineer more dropped points in this one. We are due a season ending injury to Wilson or ASM I reckon 

• Like 4

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Although after Howe catching COVID, Darlow chucking one in his own net and Clark getting a red card after 9minutes, fuck knows how we will engineer more dropped points in this one. We are due a season ending injury to Wilson or ASM I reckon 

It’s going to be Lascelles back in the team to make sure Chris Wood gets one decent shot on goal. 0-1

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

At least we're mixing it up. I reckon you're right though next up will be a major injury to ASM and or Wilson.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I can't really be mad at anyone but Clark there tonight. And I still don't buy the binary if we don't win tonight, we're down, chat. There were loads of positives tonight. 

IF TAKING SOMETHING POSITIVE FROM TONIGHT IS WRONG, I DON'T WANNA BE RIGHT. 

Just back now, went 3 or 4 pages back, replying to this before reading the rest. There's hardly any positives really is there? We were dog shit and worse than the worst team in the league.

However, I said before this was binary and don't win and we are relegated. But I've just checked the table. We beat Burnley, Norwich lose (whoever they ate playing), maybe Watford don't win, and it does look better in 18th place. Next game really is must win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just back now, went 3 or 4 pages back, replying to this before reading the rest. There's hardly any positives really is there? We were dog shit and worse than the worst team in the league.

However, I said before this was binary and don't win and we are relegated. But I've just checked the table. We beat Burnley, Norwich lose (whoever they ate playing), maybe Watford don't win, and it does look better in 18th place. Next game really is must win. 

it honestly didn't really look like that watching on TV. They looked a worse team than us despite us having ten for most of the game.

We are not in a must win situation. We are still in the earlier part of the season. History does not reflect the situation we are in. Teams without a win in 14 would not have kept a manager like Bruce for the time we did or, if they had, wouldn't have appointed a manager like Howe alongside the potential we have to invest in January.

Players will come even if it is a relegation battle as they can always leave. Townshend joined us then left in the summer and the prospects look brighter now.

We are not far off Watford and we are playing better. If Darlow had not stuffed up, then we win. Had Howe not had covid, even if we lost to Arsenal, the extra week of him training the players makes the difference. If Clark doesn't take the man out, then we would win. The lack of wins are down to errors that can be sorted. We have the time to turn things around and there are plenty of teams above us who are in a mess. I think we need to see that although wins matter and we do need to win sooner rather than later, we have the tools and we now have the professional who can use them. A lack of direction in any place leads to issues that take a while to turn around. The last three games have been unrecognisable apart from the little errors. We have been punished by every single one of them. I see this as a short term problem even without the January window coming up. Howe can work with the people making errors and reduce these. Benefit is that he can also bring in improvements. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

it honestly didn't really look like that watching on TV. They looked a worse team than us despite us having ten for most of the game.

Norwich are the worst team in the keague and will finish bottom imo. Any half decent side would beat them with 9 men. But when Clark was sent off we looked out numbered constantly, we had almost no outlet and no way of scoring in normal play. Okay, we were a man down, but is that a reason to give them two thirds possession when we're at home and imo the most and best chances of winning? If we don't massively improve we are fucked. Howe has to win on Saturday, then things will look better maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

If that performance doesn’t give you some hope then fuck off tbh 

Well Alex I don't doubt the effort but the way the game panned out actually makes me think more the players and management don't have the ability to turn things round. We were playing an exceptionally bad side imo. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Norwich are the worst team in the keague and will finish bottom imo. Any half decent side would beat them with 9 men. But when Clark was sent off we looked out numbered constantly, we had almost no outlet and no way of scoring in normal play. Okay, we were a man down, but is that a reason to give them two thirds possession when we're at home and imo the most and best chances of winning? If we don't massively improve we are fucked. Howe has to win on Saturday, then things will look better maybe.

The difference with Norwich is they are now pressing far more than they have before. This, when we went a player down is going to make a big difference. We also didn't just play 80 mins with 1 less player, we had to sub off Fraser to cover it. This limited our ability to make changes when fatigue was setting in.