Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

Norwich won't get to what we've currently got, Watford will be lucky to get to 30 points too, and I reckon 18th won't be much beyond 30.

8 points between now and the end of the season would be enough for us, although obviously I hope we do much better than that. 

I mostly just hope that we get thoss 8 points quickly. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Norwich won't get to what we've currently got, Watford will be lucky to get to 30 points too, and I reckon 18th won't be much beyond 30.

8 points between now and the end of the season would be enough for us, although obviously I hope we do much better than that. 

I mostly just hope that we get thoss 8 points quickly. 

So that we can actually just relax :lol:

I agree there, although I am pretty much certain that short of something truly bizarre, we're now fine.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So that we can actually just relax :lol:

I agree there, although I am pretty much certain that short of something truly bizarre, we're now fine.

I agree, it would need somebody to go on the sort of run we've just been on. Leeds look decent yesterday though, I thought they were doomed previously. Eriksen makes Brentford a completely different prospect if he stays fit and keeps starting games. 

I honestly think Everton are the most likely for the drop now. 

Well I gave a bit of a range there since there can always be surprising results, but I think 6 points from the home games and 7 from the away ones. Takes us to 41.

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.a4659f278e5dda6f722c5e1de03a1439.png

8% chance of relegation according to the yanks. 

You can get 17/1 and it would be longer that for us to go down but we’re a popular bet 

Just now, Gemmill said:

I agree, it would need somebody to go on the sort of run we've just been on. Leeds look decent yesterday though, I thought they were doomed previously. Eriksen makes Brentford a completely different prospect if he stays fit and keeps starting games. 

I honestly think Everton are the most likely for the drop now. 

I think it's hard to call Everton yet because they have so many games in hand versus those around them. They get two wins from that and they're more or less on even footing with us.

The main thing though is that we'd actually need 2 or 3 teams to put a run together for it to be any threat to us. We've done the hard work in clawing our way out - we don't need to keep it at this level, we just need to match the pack.

• Like 3

We play Everton two days before their FA Cup quarter final so that could well play into our hands. Whether it be in squad rotation or all of their players thinking ahead to the big one, it’s a test of Lampard who, let’s be honest, doesn’t seem up to it.

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We play Everton two days before their FA Cup quarter final so that could well play into our hands. Whether it be in squad rotation or all of their players thinking ahead to the big one, it’s a test of Lampard who, let’s be honest, doesn’t seem up to it.

We want Man City to pump Man United tonight too. Get the title race over with so by the time we come to face Liverpool and them one after the other, they're both done with the league and completely distracted by the CL. The semi finals fall right around when we play both of them. 

Plus I love watching Ronaldo adjust to life as a mortal which is just another reason to want to see them get fucking knacked tonight. 

Also if Arsenal have sewn up a CL spot by the time we play them, they'll be on the beach. 

This all assumes that we aren't done and dusted by then anyway, which I think we will be. 

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Well I gave a bit of a range there since there can always be surprising results, but I think 6 points from the home games and 7 from the away ones. Takes us to 41.

You’ve changed your tune, it was only a couple of weeks ago you had us finishing on 36.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You’ve changed your tune, it was only a couple of weeks ago you had us finishing on 36.

Yeah and since then we won a couple of games I didn't have us down to win. I'm not gonna be shamed on that prediction lads, I made peace with it being entirely wrong as soon as I posted it :lol: But I just thought it might be interesting to compare.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah and since then we won a couple of games I didn't have us down to win. I'm not gonna be shamed on that prediction lads, I made peace with it being entirely wrong as soon as I posted it :lol: But I just thought it might be interesting to compare.

I think 2 or 3 games back I’d have said about 38 points too. In any case, even though there’s good reason to think we could end up on more now, 38 points would still be plenty. Ditto 36 imo. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Run in: Home

Wolves

Leicester

Liverpool

Arsenal

Crystal Palace

Run in: Away

Southampton 

Chelsea

Everton

Tottenham

Norwich

Man City

Burnley

Wolves, Leicester, Palace, Everton, Norwich, Burnley - all winnable on current form.

There will be draws here and there too. This unbeaten run has saved our season. Question now is how high up we finish. 10th or higher  would help us attract players in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Wolves, Leicester, Palace, Everton, Norwich, Burnley - all winnable on current form.

There will be draws here and there too. This unbeaten run has saved our season. Question now is how high up we finish. 10th or higher  would help us attract players in the summer. 

I don't even think we need to be top 10 to attract players, although I get what you're saying.  A blind man can see that we are a club going places.  Staveley and Ghodoussi tell a compelling story about where they want to take us, we've got a very good manager, and we've already got a couple of big names in the squad. 

Bruno and Trippier, I'll always have loads of time for, because they believed in "the project" even when we really looked in the shit. 

• Like 5

Honestly don’t think it makes much does between 10th or say 15th in terms of attracting players come the summer. A positive end to the season with a continuation of the form would be great. But players will look at the potential of what can be achieved in the next couple of seasons of so. None of the clubs around us can compete in that score 

24 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That's a top half finish fucked then. :lol:

Why  am I being suddenly suffering  from multiple accusations of being a Jonah by sundry members of this tawdry forum? :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 3