The new manager thread

Polarboy

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is “I’m here to talk about football” a sufficient answer when asked about human rights issues? 

I would have thought the club would have something prepared. Terrible sportswashing.

It's the perfect answer for Howe considering that his job is to be the football manager and the rest has very little to do with him. 

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

If no one has seen Adams video it is utterly brilliant TV in all sorts of ways. :lol: 

Fucking hell, I can’t believe I actually sat through that :lol:

If I were him I’d be giving the university a bell pleading to be let back on the course next year 

• Haha 4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Pep, Tuchel, and any other Chelsea manager during the Abramovic era, and Bruno Lange, Santo ever get asked if they were comfortable about where the financing of the club came from. If journalists asked the same questions of everyone it would be one thing, but they clearly don't. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is “I’m here to talk about football” a sufficient answer when asked about human rights issues? 

It's absolutely the right answer. It's shuts everything down as we saw from the follow up questions.

• Like 3

I see he's moving the family up after Christmas, so that's good. Commuting between Newcastle and the South coast wouldn't really be workable or desirable logistically even if he wanted to of course. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I see he's moving the family up after Christmas, so that's good. Commuting between Newcastle and the South coast wouldn't really be workable or desirable logistically even if he wanted to of course. 

Missed this post, sorry. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

In 2000,Little Ed was the first Premier League manager to take a pay cut during the coronavirus pandemic.We’ve got a guddun in Ed

Way ahead of his time 

• Haha 3

The more I think about that question about the human rights stuff, and the way the journalist followed it up saying "but life's not all about football is it?" 

How many questions did Mancini and Guardiola have to answer about Qatari human rights issues at their first City press conferences?

I wonder how much this bloke has been paid filing gushing stories about Man City and its managers over the past 13 years, and how many zeroed in on human rights abuses. Same goes for the likes of Delaney and Holt. 

I totally understand that there's a problem here, but either be consistent with the hand wringing, or fuck off. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The more I think about that question about the human rights stuff, and the way the journalist followed it up saying "but life's not all about football is it?" 

How many questions did Mancini and Guardiola have to answer about Qatari human rights issues at their first City press conferences?

I wonder how much this bloke has been paid filing gushing stories about Man City and its managers over the past 13 years, and how many zeroed in on human rights abuses. Same goes for the likes of Delaney and Holt. 

I totally understand that there's a problem here, but either be consistent with the hand wringing, or fuck off. 

This is the key isn't it. Special treatment for everything Newcastle, and we saw that with the Bruce sacking as well. 

They can all bugger right off. We're in the best place we've been for years, despite being 5 points off safety :lol:  Brilliant seeing the energy brought in by Howe already. Get the whole place galvanized and reach January in a salvageable position, when we can piss off a few more people and clubs in the transfer market :finger: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean what is it they expect Howe to say in reply? 

"Oh yes Brendan, the new owners absolutely have their hands covered in blood, they can deny all they want, but we know they are linked to the evil Saudi regime. I'm taking this job under extreme protest let me tell you...."

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Their owners aren't from Qatar so it would have been well off topic if they had been :)

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread