The new manager thread

Polarboy

Best one I flew on was some random Danish firm. They were selling cheap, cheap cans. 

or Lufthansa who gave me beer and a sandwich for nowt. 

I haven’t flew much 

I think this is a great appointment for both parties. Eddie will get to take charge of a big club with cash to spend. This will be where he proves his reputation. For us, even if he gets homesick by the time his contract is up, we'll hopefully be able to appoint the next tier manager. Of course would be even better if Howe himself turns out to be the one. 

• Like 2

Got to say i was skeptical about this appointment during the week especially after the Emery debacle. Having done more research on Howe and what he really achieved at Bournemouth has me more confident that hes got the ability to pull us out of the shit, hes got time on his side and a transfer window after all.. really feels like we need to hit the ground running though and get at least 7 points from the next 4 games. We've never seen to good at the new manager bounce bullshit but maybe this time will be different, also goes without saying the little Bournemouth group thats here should play into his hands as those lads will know what he expects and how he works. A big plus also that hes managed Wilson before and got plenty of goals out of him as its a doubt that we will have massive pull in the Jan window due to our position so he needs to get what hes got firing on all cylinders really, Wilson will be key no doubt. My only question is can he replicate those sort of results here, coming into a different club in a bad spot with a different kind of pressure but the other side of that is the potential here with the money available it should give him a different level of hunger to succeed depending on what hes really made of. We'll find out I guess. Fully behind the bloke, I still dont like his face though.

Edited by 247
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just getting the squad fit will make a massive difference. Even that will take a little while though. Bruce really did leave the squad in a disgraceful mess. 

Exactly. To get the players up to fitness during a season isnt easy as it needs to be managed. 

I bet we don't even have sports and conditioning coaches

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread