The new manager thread

Polarboy

It's a bit of an odd one with Howe. Given this is apparently the same reason the Celtic talks collapsed you would imagine it's more likely Howe is being hard work than it is us. He might be asking for daft money for his number 2 & 3

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hope has said Howe will be there tonight and things should be resolved. The rollercoaster is over, please dispense your sick bags on the way off

Good. I was getting to the point where I would rather he fuck off and just take a punt on Fonseca. But if he's showing his face publicly then you have to assume it's getting done. 

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just for transparency then we also need to rule out the other 5 I’ve got on :lol:

Rafa, Fabre, Ten Hag, Fonseca & Xavi

Xavi has gone to Barcelona so scratch that one

19 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hope has said Howe will be there tonight and things should be resolved. The rollercoaster is over, please dispense your sick bags on the way off

Did Hope offer Alex Bruce out for a straightener in the same tweet? 

• Haha 6

Lad I follow just mentioned 1988, sacking McFaul and fannying around for ages trying to get a manager before eventually getting Jim Smith. I'm not saying the same thing's happening now but we got relegated then and Graeme Jones is starting to morph into Colin Suggett. :lol:

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The only manager I didn't want was Howe. I don't think he will be able to keep us up or attract any decent players. 

At least Gerrard/Lampard would do that.

Well I'm sorry but we've all agreed that he's lovely and just the fella for us. 

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's a bit of an odd one with Howe. Given this is apparently the same reason the Celtic talks collapsed you would imagine it's more likely Howe is being hard work than it is us. He might be asking for daft money for his number 2 & 3

It is a bit weird like. Again the deal with Howe agreed in principle and dragging on thanks to his staff.  Celtic not wanting to cough up whatever his backroom team were asking for is fair enough like - the board there are notorious penny pinching cunts - but if the richest club in football are struggling to get it over the line you've got to wonder that the actual fuck they're demanding.

2 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

It is a bit weird like. Again the deal with Howe agreed in principle and dragging on thanks to his staff.  Celtic not wanting to cough up whatever his backroom team were asking for is fair enough like - the board there are notorious penny pinching cunts - but if the richest club in football are struggling to get it over the line you've got to wonder that the actual fuck they're demanding.

You have to wait to announce it until after the game as there was not enough time for the deal to be inked and him to get his team in to work with the players. They could have at least said something to Jones about it, he looks a bit of a tit and it doesn't reflect well on us that he answered honestly that nothing had been said to him about Howe, and then when questioned further specified that the owners wanted him to be part of our future regardless. That last part is particularly daft of both Jones and the club tbh.

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread