The new manager thread

Polarboy

All of the press this morning seem to have picked up on Ballague's tweets. 

I'm still zen about the whole thing. If it's Emery, then it's Emery, if not, then it'll be someone else. Personally, think they should get the DoF in place ASAP and delegate the job of actually running the club to him. 

Oh, and stop the leaks. Vaguely remember something ages ago about how Saudis are perfectly happy to jump the gun and say something is done, before it's signed and sealed. 

https://thefalse9.com/2020/08/football-transfer-sources-rumours-website-reliability.html

This might be worth a read for some that are a bit less familiar with the European journos who are suddenly very interested in us.

Dont take the likes of balague seriously, he likes being famous and doesn’t really give a shit what he has to report to get himself on sky or whatever.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

All of the press this morning seem to have picked up on Ballague's tweets. 

I'm still zen about the whole thing. If it's Emery, then it's Emery, if not, then it'll be someone else. Personally, think they should get the DoF in place ASAP and delegate the job of actually running the club to him. 

Oh, and stop the leaks. Vaguely remember something ages ago about how Saudis are perfectly happy to jump the gun and say something is done, before it's signed and sealed. 

Diego wouldn't say the fucking obvious :lol: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Balague is regularly full of shit though.

I don't pay enough attention  to all corners of the football media to either agree or disagree with this but if a BBC contributing journo is given something that he needs to impart to the public even in the middle of the night then I think 9 times out of ten  I'm going to beleive it tbh...

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I don't pay enough attention  to all corners of the football media to either agree or disagree with this but if a BBC contributing journo is given something that he needs to impart to the public even in the middle of the night then I think 9 times out of ten  I'm going to beleive it tbh...

The BBC story is literally just "this bloke said that" though. They're reporting on his reporting. If he's wrong, they're all wrong. THE WHOLE GODDAMN SYSTEM COMES CRASHING DOWN. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How long was mark lawrenson allowed to call himself a bbc contributing football journalist though?

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

How long was mark lawrenson allowed to call himself a bbc contributing football journalist though?

Never. He was a summeriser/pundit who did a ghosted column in the mirror a gazillion years ago

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

https://thefalse9.com/2020/08/football-transfer-sources-rumours-website-reliability.html

This might be worth a read for some that are a bit less familiar with the European journos who are suddenly very interested in us.

Dont take the likes of balague seriously, he likes being famous and doesn’t really give a shit what he has to report to get himself on sky or whatever.

Balague is regularly one of the most credible and informed journalists out there. He called Messi leaving first, he gave all the insight into the Ronaldo shenanigans in the summer, etc. If he says Emery isnt coming then it is most definitely true. I'm not worried about Emery not coming, I think we could do with an English manager and someone who knows their way round the bottom of the table.

Edited by magpieasprilla
further comment

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The media analysing the media is never, ever a good thing  mate :lol:

Screenshot_20211103-091048_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 2

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread