The new manager thread

Polarboy

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Oh sure, when Diego goes full bore he gets showered with praise, when I do it it's all "Shut up Dave", "Fuck off Fish".

This is bullshit.

shut up dave 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye there’s all this talk of unfinished business in the league and all that shite. He’s likely just looked at what the Saudis are worth and wants a piece

"Good ebening. Is yes that I can 'ow you say' gan spacka daft' in the transfer window? Is yes? Good. Where do I sign?" 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Maupay is decent, but he's a 1 in 3 striker. Wilson has proven himself to be 1 in 2 when fit, and has 4 in 6 this season. Maupay has never got past 10 in the league, and doesn't offer the same assist ability as Wilson. So yeah Maupay has a better injury record, but that's all he has over Wilson.

Oh well if Wilson has a better record over a short number of games then that's that then

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Oh well if Wilson has a better record over a short number of games then that's that then

🤨 Ah yeah. The point is that Maupay has never got close to the 14 goals and 10 assists in 30 games Wilson got two seasons back. Maupay scored 8 goals and made 3 assists last season, and scored 10 goals and three assists the season before that. So yes, if a striker is making more goals contributions when on the pitch that is significant. Wilson is clearly a better player.

Think Emery is probably the best we could have had, if you’re being realistic about it all. We’re going to look like a much more professional outfit, almost immediately and he’s someone who could conceivably move the team up the table at a consistent rate with our backing. Europa League champions in 2024 oi oi

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

🤨 Ah yeah. The point is that Maupay has never got close to the 14 goals and 10 assists in 30 games Wilson got two seasons back. Maupay scored 8 goals and made 3 assists last season, and scored 10 goals and three assists the season before that. So yes, if a striker is making more goals contributions when on the pitch that is significant. Wilson is clearly a better player.

Your last skirmish with me was you telling me how good Manquillo is. You talk absolute shite. Brighton have better players than us. Undoubtedly. They're just a lower profile club and their fans don't put their players on the same pedestal that ours do. 

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Your last skirmish with me was you telling me how good Manquillo is. You talk absolute shite. Brighton have better players than us. Undoubtedly. They're just a lower profile club and their fans don't put their players on the same pedestal that ours do. 

Skirmish? Get a life man. Wilson easily outdoes Maupay in goal contributions when on the pitch over both their histories in the league, it's as simple as that. Just to explain that for you one last time, Wilson has a better record having played less games over a season, over multiple seasons. Do you even have a notion of what xG is?

Reading an article about Emery taking through Willock into the first 11 when he was at Arsenal. If Emery can get Willock back to playing like he did last season it would obviously be a big bonus. https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/this-is-why-the-arrival-of-unai-emery-at-newcastle-united-could-be-excellent-news-for-joe-willock-3441742

So my team (all being fit) in a 4231 :) 

Dubravka

Manquillo    Schar   ferdanenz.   Dummett

Willock    Hayden

Murphy      Maximin      Almiron

Wilson

• Like 1

That's a pretty solid team given what we have to choose from in the squad. Murphy and Almiron will graft when we're out of possession, and have the pace to trouble teams in attack. Of course both their ends products are patchy, but if they can even just get it to either ASM or Wilson consistently in the oppositions half, we'll be doing a hell of a lot better than we are at present.

Edited by Polarboy

49 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Skirmish? Get a life man. Wilson easily outdoes Maupay in goal contributions when on the pitch over both their histories in the league, it's as simple as that. Just to explain that for you one last time, Wilson has a better record having played less games over a season, over multiple seasons. Do you even have a notion of what xG is?

:lol: we're going to get plenty more like you following us now we're rich. Brighton aren't 2nd bottom. Do you know what the relegation zone is?

11 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: we're going to get plenty more like you following us now we're rich. Brighton aren't 2nd bottom. Do you know what the relegation zone is?

🙄 Moved on to a non sequitur I see. The Cabbage is Stephen Hawking in football terms compared to you mate.

Edited by Polarboy

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread