Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

On the other hand, Everton going down is objectively the funniest possible outcome so I’m rooting for Burnley 

This is it. We’re safe realistically so it barely matters in a game like this. If Burnley stay up it won’t be at our expense 

Edited by Alex
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: 

I don’t understand your logic. If I shouldn’t worry about Burnley as our safety is a done deal, then why worry about Brentford overtaking us?

Brentford look out of it also so it’s really about Everton, Leeds and Burnley for third place.

You’ve been concentrating for weeks on nicking a point here and there to get us safe.

Id still prefer  the 10 point gap going into tomorrows game. Reducing to 9 is just an extra point needed to reach guaranteed safety.

So

Go Fuck Yourself Middle Finger GIF by Film Riot

Do you want to finish above Brentford? I'm going to assume yes. 

Do you want to finish above Burnley? Again, I'll assume yes. 

If so, the objectively best result for us is for those teams to draw when they play one another. It deprives both of them of 3 points, which is good because 3 points brings them closer to us than 1 point would.

If all of the teams below us draw when they play one another, it limits the ability of ALL of them to catch us. 

But if one of them wins, it enhances their ability to catch us. 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Do you want to finish above Brentford? I'm going to assume yes. 

Do you want to finish above Burnley? Again, I'll assume yes. 

If so, the objectively best result for us is for those teams to draw when they play one another. It deprives both of them of 3 points, which is good because 3 points brings them closer to us than 1 point would.

If all of the teams below us draw when they play one another, it limits the ability of ALL of them to catch us. 

But if one of them wins, it enhances their ability to catch us. 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

All I’m bothered about is staying up, getting to summer and spending shed loads of cash. Finishing 10th or 17th is secondary.

I’m a gap man baby

E4406B5E-D273-407E-AF12-5B8544E7B867.gif.0da52b409ccec4f1870ca110bd77fc0c.gif

• Haha 1

So that’s the bottom two all but down. There’s realistically 3 others in the mix. Brentford could go but today’s result makes them almost safe. Absolutely mental we’re completely out if it before the middle of March given where we were less than two months ago. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

So that’s he bottom two all but down. That’s realistically 3 others in the mix. Brentford could go but today’s result makes them almost safe. Absolutely mental we’re completely out if it before the middle of March given where we were less than two months ago. 

Unbelievable and with the players we’ve had missing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

So that’s the bottom two all but down. There’s realistically 3 others in the mix. Brentford could go but today’s result makes them almost safe. Absolutely mental we’re completely out if it before the middle of March given where we were less than two months ago. 

thought burnley might've dug themselves out of it, they still might I suppose but it now looks like they're also relying on others.

me, I'm desperately hoping everton are as adept at taking advantage of their games in hand as their mates the mackems have been in recent times!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

thought burnley might've dug themselves out of it, they still might I suppose but it now looks like they're also relying on others.

me, I'm desperately hoping everton are as adept at taking advantage of their games in hand as their mates the mackems have been in recent times!

Burnley still might but that was a kick in the stotts today 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fair play to Ronaldo mind. Still banging in hat tricks at 37.

Aye, as much as he's a vain twat he's well and truly still got it and is one of the best footballers ever, if not the GOAT.

• Jaysus... 1

Norwich and Watford can both win for me tbh, They're both going down most likely but I'd like to see Leeds not pick up any more points and we can go one point behind southampton with a game in hand if things go our way.