Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

On 20/02/2022 at 15:17, Dr Gloom said:

83.5%

I’m confident. It’s not just our recent results but the way we’re playing that is encouraging.   Then you have the teams around us who are playing like we did in Autumn and early winter and it feels like we have momentum to get out of this. 

But let’s not suck each other’s dicks just yet. The teams below us picking up points are a concern. Ideally one or two of them will be cut adrift at some point. 

I’ll be up in the 90% zone once we’re north of 30 points and at least six points above the drop zone. The final four fixtures still concern me. Hopefully we’ve have enough points by then and don’t have to rely on beating one of the top clubs in the run in or Burnley on the last day. 

Ahhww :(

Teams below us picking up points is inevitable, they're not going to go the rest of the season without a win or two. Our focus has to be getting as many points from our games as possible, and letting the teams below us handle the pressure of needing to win points from games they would usually write off. 

The positives for me are that we're playing effectively, our defence is improving significantly, and we've still got our best 3 players to come back from injury AND a £40m midfielder to be introduced to the league properly. I think we can look to games against all but the very best in the league as games where we can get points. 

Before the window closed you'd have looked at the next few fixtures and winced a bit, but now I'd say that there's points to be had from 5 of the next 6 games. 

I honestly think we only need 4 wins to be safe and we could get 3 of them in this run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Palace win is the NO BRAINER here. Gloom's mind still addled by estrogen. 

chasing down the teams above us instead of worrying about the crap in the rear view mirror is the buster gonads mindset, mouse pecker 

• Haha 1

It's crazy to think, here in Spain, the press want to win Manchester United because Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid Hero). In the last three days, all the articles to the sports newspapper around the match is about how many goals Cristiano get against Atletico, how many times he eliminated us in UCL, etc etc etc. 

To hate Real Madrid should be compulsory. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

It's crazy to think, here in Spain, the press want to win Manchester United because Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid Hero). In the last three days, all the articles to the sports newspapper around the match is about how many goals Cristiano get against Atletico, how many times he eliminated us in UCL, etc etc etc. 

To hate Real Madrid should be compulsory. 

Here in England we want Man Utd to lose 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Here in England we want Man Utd to lose 

Yes. Here is most the same. 

When Barça, Atletico or Madrid are playing, all the other team supporters want they lose. 

But one thing is the people... And other the 'media'. Overall when they have slogans like 'The Daily of all spanish teams'. 

• Like 1