Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Mackems game seems frozen at 4 mins played on bbc scores page, the land that time forgot.

The match has been halted - It seems that a sunderland fan needs medical attention in the stands. 
Hope they’re ok. 

Is it happening more often or has it just recently become a thing to stop the match when something happens in the stands?

In this case for instance, Downie says they were treated in the stand, were they taken inside? or just seen to outside on the steps of the ground?

If they're inside should the games really be stopped still once they are in and being looked after?

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Definitely happening on the regular atm as well. Weird. Hope they're alright. 

Not that weird. Millions of people have had a serious virus that's fucks you up and causes long term cardiac and respiratory problems in some of them 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Definitely happening on the regular atm as well. Weird. Hope they're alright. 

Yep. The 'antivaxxers' are having a field day with the amount of people seeming to be collapsing at sporting events using it as mitigation for their claims. I'm not going to get into all that, but the frequency of it happening does raise prudent questions. 

I think in all the years I've been going to football I've witness a single medical emergency when an epileptic in the row in front of me had a seizure  mid-match.

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yep. The 'antivaxxers' are having a field day with the amount of people seeming to be collapsing at sporting events using it as mitigation for their claims. I'm not going to get into all that, but the frequency of it happening does raise prudent questions. 

I think in all the years I've been going to football I've witness a single medical emergency when an epileptic in the row in front of me had a seizure  mid-match.

Don't think its just the antivaxxers who are seeing the numbers of players/supporters who are having incidents on and off the pitch. Its not necessarily attributed to the vaccine, it could well be the virus itself causing it. Either way, cardiac incidents in a lot of folk don't appear until the point where its almost too late. 

42 minutes ago, Craig said:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2020/09/03/what-covid-19-is-doing-to-the-heart-even-after-recovery

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d rather Palace won.  They’d still be in touching distance as we’d have two games in hand but, realistically, they’re not going to go down. 

Same here, while it would be nice for us to climb some places by the end of the season I care a lot more about us not dropping any, keep the teams below as as many points behind us as possible, how many teams are between us doesn't matter, its all points.

• Like 3

If they lost, they’d still be pretty unlikely to go down. It would only mean Watford were less likely. That benefits Watford a lot more than us (it wouldn’t benefit us at all - quite the opposite). The same is true to a lesser degree if it’s a draw