And So This Is Christmas!

Monkeys Fist

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: They come in between Xmas and new year this year to ours but I’ve still had to stop myself booking a trip to the tip today 

• Haha 3

Grandma Fist  ( 81), has just come out with these words of wisdom, apropos of absolutely sod-all. 

“ Once you’ve had your dinner, you’re buggered, aren’t you?”

I think we can all take something from this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Am casting Roy Orbison to TV via YouTube to keep the keep a pissed mother in law happy...changed to Jonny Mathis just now to which the dear lady commented "Queer as a nine bob note that one" :lol:  I suggested she try to keep it light and festive but I've made her espresso martinis and Singapore slings all afternoon she's fuckin off her nut :lol:

• Haha 7

:lol:

In a strange case of synchronicity that Stang out of the Police would definitely approve of, Johnny Mathis is one of Grandma Fist’s all time favourites, so I grew up with his velvet tones. 
She’s always been very open to sexuality’s and lifestyles other than the norm, (even though she’s as vanilla as Mark Toneys), which is no great shock given her youth growing up at the Club a Go Go, but her choice of how she expresses it makes me laugh at times. 

“ Oh yes, Johnny- voice of an angel… always a bachelor though…”

She’s an absolute diamond :lol: 

• Haha 5

Ill but tried to get in the Christmas spirit early doors especiall but struggled with a can and a mouthful of prosecco with my dinner. Latterly gingerly managed a bottle and a half of vino tinto. I'll suffer for it but it's only Christmas once. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fist Jnr. who’s 11, decided off his own bat to save up and buy presents for me, his Mam, sister and Grannies, which I thought was a lovely thing to do. 

He got me this…

313176CB-4E4D-4F31-843F-282C30357646.thumb.jpeg.26d9d077743f6092bf203592504dc7b8.jpeg

… and fully lived up to his nickname of The Knacker…

2838F58F-AC02-498A-88B8-A0C78C2D2517.thumb.jpeg.33824ca4b48247e7e98023aa2b30019c.jpeg

I’ve also had a beard for the past 3-4 years 

I’ve had his bloody life this morning. :lol::lol::lol:

Gonads as smooth as Yule Bryner’s cue ball noggin 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Ill but tried to get in the Christmas spirit early doors especiall but struggled with a can and a mouthful of prosecco with my dinner. Latterly gingerly managed a bottle and a half of vino tinto. I'll suffer for it but it's only Christmas once. 

Can confirm I suffered for it throughout the night and early hours. What an incredibly stupid bastard I truly am. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Can confirm I suffered for it throughout the night and early hours. What an incredibly stupid bastard I truly am. 

Is alcohol in general disagreeing with you?...

Edited by PaddockLad

I used to think it was a soppy cliche but Christmas really is so much better with kids. The ability to leave every family get together at 7pm because ‘the child needs to get to bed’ is a pleasure Gemmill will never get to experience.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is alcohol in general disagreeing with you?...

I'm not as tolerant of it as I get older but more or less the same. Was ill yesterday and should've layed off it but after doing the visits and cooking the dinner I felt I deserved a Christmas drink and relaxation. Should've just accepted it wasn't happening. 

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I used to think it was a soppy cliche but Christmas really is so much better with kids. The ability to leave every family get together at 7pm because ‘the child needs to get to bed’ is a pleasure Gemmill will never get to experience.

Ive woken up in my in-laws house this morning and it’s odds on I will tomorrow, the current Mrs PL has decided she didn’t drink enough yesterday, neither of us have kids, just a 8 month old gibbering woof box on four legs :glare:

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Nor is the rest of the miserable year looking after the little cunts. 

PS I was home by 6pm yesterday, sucker. :lol:

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm not as tolerant of it as I get older but more or less the same. Was ill yesterday and should've layed off it but after doing the visits and cooking the dinner I felt I deserved a Christmas drink and relaxation. Should've just accepted it wasn't happening. 

I didn’t drink much yesterday tbh but you know me Davey I seldom do…. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not so, as we do, he can use the “we need to get home for the dog” line when an exit is required, we leave him at home for certain events where a polite exit strategy is a likely requirement.

Edited by Toonpack

I must be eating better than I did this time last year. I spent the whole of the two weeks over Christmas feeling like a tube of brown toothpaste. Never more than half an hour away from the next terrible shite. 

I’ve had my first fresh veg in what feels like an ice age today and it feels good.

My movements have been less than satisfactory recently, mainly due to wine, lager and rich foods. 

It’s good to share

• Haha 2