Callum Wilson

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Good job we signed a reserve striker that Eddie really trusts 

Osula looked good in the Sela cup game so I'm not sure why Isak isn't being given a 10min break at the end of games 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Osula looked good in the Sela cup game so I'm not sure why Isak isn't being given a 10min break at the end of games 

i'd play him at fulham and wimbledon if isak is out. at least he'd give us a presence up front. osula looks quick and strong at least. gordon is mint but he's not a CF. 

osula's lack of minutes suggests howe doesn't think he's ready for the PL yet. we needed a third choice development striker but it increasingly looks like we also needed a second choice CF because we can't rely on wilson and isak is prone to the odd injury too 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'd play him at fulham and wimbledon if isak is out. at least he'd give us a presence up front. osula looks quick and strong at least. gordon is mint but he's not a CF. 

osula's lack of minutes suggests howe doesn't think he's ready for the PL yet. we needed a third choice development striker but it increasingly looks like we also needed a second choice CF because we can't rely on wilson and isak is prone to the odd injury too 

Aye, I just think its similar to the Gordon situation, he's just not up to speed to our system yet.

he's lack of minutes may also be because we've often been in tight games and he's wanted to keep isak's goal threat on the pitch. perhaps we'd have seen more of him if we'd been coasting in the odd game, with a two or three goal cushion with 20 minutes to go. i don't think howe has a choice now. we're going to need him the next few games if isak is out 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Willock must be knocking on the door for a start. He’s looked good 

It'll only be his fitness (to last for 90 mins) that'll be holding him back I reckon.

Just now, Toonpack said:

It'll only be his fitness (to last for 90 mins) that'll be holding him back I reckon.

give him 50-60 minutes, see how he gets on from the start then sub him if needed. He’s looked sharp and is great at great at getting us up the pitch 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

give him 50-60 minutes, see how he gets on from the start then sub him if needed. He’s looked sharp and is great at great at getting us up the pitch 

I'd rather bring him on later as other team tires tbh and you'd be going into the game knowing you're going to have to make a change, limits your options.

Edited by Toonpack

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

I'd rather bring him on later as other team tires tbh and you'd be going into the game knowing you're going to have to make a change, limits your options.

I’d rather start with the best/form players. That would suggest Tonali and Willock start. Joelinton’s form has been a concern, opening game aside, but Howe doesn’t like to make too many changes. I imagine Tonali is in with a better shout or a start than Willock at this stage but there’s a case for both of them 

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d rather start with the best/form players. That would suggest Tonali and Willock start. Joelinton’s form has been a concern, opening game aside, but Howe doesn’t like to make too many changes. I imagine Tonali is in with a better shout or a start than Willock at this stage but there’s a case for both of them 

I'd start with Willock too IF his fitness is at a level he can expect to get through 90 minutes, if it's not, I wouldn't risk him.

30 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I'd start with Willock too IF his fitness is at a level he can expect to get through 90 minutes, if it's not, I wouldn't risk him.

I dunno, when someone is returning from injury they’ll rarely pay 90 minutes off the bat. Usually it starts with a substitute appearance or two, then a start when they’re subbed off before doing a full 90. I guess Eddie knows if he’s ready to start, or not, but he looks like he’s close. His 45 last week was more impressive than big Joe’s. 

54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I dunno, when someone is returning from injury they’ll rarely pay 90 minutes off the bat. Usually it starts with a substitute appearance or two, then a start when they’re subbed off before doing a full 90. I guess Eddie knows if he’s ready to start, or not, but he looks like he’s close. His 45 last week was more impressive than big Joe’s. 

That's why I'd bring him off the bench again, unless his data from training is 100%. They're surely going to be really careful with him given his last 12 months. Big Joe won't find form on the bench either but I'll trust in Eddie as always.