Hitzfeld for Newcastle

Emre

IMHO only other way we can show it is at games , be it singing , 20-40 banners , or chanting .......otherwise this campaign is always going to fail.

It will always be a small group branded in the media and a small grp recognise by the club.

94022[/snapback]

Aye, I agree. If the campaign that N-O has started had been done in moderation then I think it would have more of media backing which is what you need really. If the press take it seriously then they'll talk about it, which would bring on the momentum of more fans backing it and the club being under more pressure to approach him as he would truly be 'the fans choice.' However, the overkill has meant the local media aren't interested now which means little mention of it.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like its more likely to be O Neil as well because i heard Otto will wait till summer(not too sure the source accurate)

O Neil has alot of potential to become a great manager and he will be in the right league learning from the some of the best...

Would be delighted if he join us personally my 3rd choice behind Otto and Hiddink.

I not one of those who jumped on the Hitzfeld wangon, i am a german fan and always watched him closely personally i think he would prefer the Germany appointment after the world cup because its going to be his last. either way i am on the winning end .....

I share JawD's view that the problem with it is the brainwashing aspect. One of the reasons I can't be arsed with the football board is that HTT is hero worshipped by some of the bairns over there and, in my opinion, it stifles debate, as it clearly has in this regard.

What is this board rivalry?  To be honest I feel it's a myth created by HTT so he doesn't have to deal with the fact that some people don't like him.  Most on here use both boards, and say that every time this subject is brought up.

94023[/snapback]

I agree, I still check the site regularly for news and views, I just don't post anymore. Debates had a habit of turning into soopafan fights, so I went elsewhere. I started off GREAT as a bit of tounge in cheek as I thought HTT was looking for a Utopia message board that wasn't going to happen. He just needs to chill out a bit, he's built a canny website, but a message board is always going to have WUMs and people out on fishing trips. That's life.

What is this board rivalry?  To be honest I feel it's a myth created by HTT so he doesn't have to deal with the fact that some people don't like him.  Most on here use both boards, and say that every time this subject is brought up.

94023[/snapback]

I agree, I still check the site regularly for news and views, I just don't post anymore. Debates had a habit of turning into soopafan fights, so I went elsewhere. I started off GREAT as a bit of tounge in cheek as I thought HTT was looking for a Utopia message board that wasn't going to happen. He just needs to chill out a bit, he's built a canny website, but a message board is always going to have WUMs and people out on fishing trips. That's life.

94028[/snapback]

The original group of the campaign did what tthey set out to do. The rest are just jumping on for the ride, so if OH does take up the vacant post, they will be able to say they had a part in it.

Shame ;)

Oh, and does this forum tolerate bickering children? Because if it doesnt, can i move here?

Edited by NewcastleRocker

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

The original group of the campaign did what tthey set out to do. The rest are just jumping on for the ride, so if OH does take up the vacant post, they will be able to say they had a part in it.

Shame ;)

94032[/snapback]

What does it matter though? It sounds like you're in it for the glory if that bothers you. Surely it's about getting the best man for the club not about message board bragging rights.

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

Shame ;)

94032[/snapback]

What does it matter though? It sounds like you're in it for the glory if that bothers you. Surely it's about getting the best man for the club not about message board bragging rights.

94034[/snapback]

I'm actually agreeing with you guys. Hence the eyes. I have had zero part in the campaign.

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

Shame :razz:

94032[/snapback]

94034[/snapback]

I'm actually agreeing with you guys. Hence the eyes. I have had zero part in the campaign.

94037[/snapback]

Ah, sorry ;)

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

Shame :rolleyes:

Oh, and does this forum tolerate bickering children? Because if it doesnt, can i move here?

94032[/snapback]

;)

People arent allowed to sign a petition now cos theyre just 'going along for the ride'. Fucking hell-isnt that what its all about? How else is a petition campaign supposed to gather momentum? :razz::blush:

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

Shame :rolleyes:

94032[/snapback]

;)

People arent allowed to sign a petition now cos theyre just 'going along for the ride'. Fucking hell-isnt that what its all about? How else is a petition campaign supposed to gather momentum? :razz::blush:

94042[/snapback]

I didnt mention a specific outpost like a petetion to be fair. I've signed the petetion, but thats hardly the campaign is it?

The campaign was always, to flood the press and media into getting there views across.

Edited by NewcastleRocker

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

Shame :blush:

94032[/snapback]

;)

94042[/snapback]

I didnt mention a specific outpost like a petetion to be fair. I've signed the petetion, but thats hardly the campaign is it?

The campaign was always to flood the press and media into getting there views across.

94046[/snapback]

It wasnt a comment about you-it's just the first time I'd heard that criticism and I coulldnt help but laugh at how paradoxical it was. A popular campaign flawed because people were 'going along for the ride' :rolleyes: On a serious note though, that sort of comment does typify exactly what is wrong with N-O. Various characters with a superiority complex/sooooooopadoooopafan mentality-which is exactly where it turns to ratshit once the recriminations start.

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

Shame :blush:

94032[/snapback]

;)

94042[/snapback]

The campaign was always to flood the press and media into getting there views across.

94046[/snapback]

It wasnt a comment about you-it's just the first time I'd heard that criticism and I coulldnt help but laugh at how paradoxical it was. A popular campaign flawed because people were 'going along for the ride' :rolleyes: On a serious note though, that sort of comment does typify exactly what is wrong with N-O. Various characters with a superiority complex/sooooooopadoooopafan mentality-which is exactly where it turns to ratshit once the recriminations start.

94050[/snapback]

So you don't think people are doing this campaign because it's the popular thing to do?

94023[/snapback]

94028[/snapback]

Shame <_<

94032[/snapback]

;)

People arent allowed to sign a petition now cos theyre just 'going along for the ride'. Fucking hell-isnt that what its all about? How else is a petition campaign supposed to gather momentum? :razz::wub:

94042[/snapback]

94046[/snapback]

94050[/snapback]

So you don't think people are doing this campaign because it's the popular thing to do?

94061[/snapback]

:blush::blush::)

I've no idea why each person (on an individual level) is joining the campaign-whether its through a deep rooted personal conviction/leap of faith that Hitzfeld is right for the job or because they are just mindlessly following the mob. Or a combination of the two.

94061[/snapback]

I would love to hear how many times the key campaigners have seen a Hitzfeld team play. He sounds good to me, but I don't know enough about him. Unfortunately the campaign hasn't taught me anything as it's propaganda. I would to have loved to have seen a campaign that put up the three top candidates, objectively, and gave us the pros and cons of each.

94061[/snapback]

I would love to hear how many times the key campaigners have seen a Hitzfeld team play. He sounds good to me, but I don't know enough about him. Unfortunately the campaign hasn't taught me anything as it's propaganda. I would to have loved to have seen a campaign that put up the three top candidates, objectively, and gave us the pros and cons of each.

94067[/snapback]

I was gonna raise that point on there but couldn't be chewed with the resultant hassle I would have got. From the way some of them carry on I swear they must have been Bayern Munich season ticket holders.

By the way, Rocker bloke, you're more than welcome here.

The worst thing coming out of all this is Gemmill agreeing with me over there.  ;)

94073[/snapback]

I said it first tbh. You're agreeing with me. :razz:

94074[/snapback]

Soopafan punch-up tbh.

The worst thing coming out of all this is Gemmill agreeing with me over there.  ;)

94073[/snapback]

94074[/snapback]

I disagree. :rolleyes:

94079[/snapback]

Normal service is resumed. :blush:

94073[/snapback]

94074[/snapback]

I disagree. :blush:

94079[/snapback]

Normal service is resumed. :blush:

94080[/snapback]

94073[/snapback]

94074[/snapback]

94079[/snapback]

Now now children, don't bicker! :blush:

94083[/snapback]

Bandwidth tight-arse tbh. :blush:

94073[/snapback]

94074[/snapback]

I disagree. :blush:

94079[/snapback]

Now now children, don't bicker! :blush:

94083[/snapback]

Bandwidth tight-arse tbh. :)

94085[/snapback]

<_<

Although only against AF seemingly :rolleyes: