The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

2 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Insane clause.

Thats some contractual guarantee to Atalanta for a fee that allows Inter to do some creative bookkeeping to keep them in line with FFP, nothing more,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I honestly hope its not us, he was a prospect 5 years ago, but those 5 years have been punctuated by mediocre performances, injuries and an absoultely awful attitude. You know how people are frustrated by ASM? This kid has put up similar figures to him i nthe last 5 years, except where Allan has been playing for Nice and us, Dembele has been playing for Barcelona.

Sid Lowes put it well

Aye. I just hope they don't want that trophy signing tbh

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

I honestly hope its not us, he was a prospect 5 years ago, but those 5 years have been punctuated by mediocre performances, injuries and an absoultely awful attitude. You know how people are frustrated by ASM? This kid has put up similar figures to him i nthe last 5 years, except where Allan has been playing for Nice and us, Dembele has been playing for Barcelona.

Sid Lowes put it well

What if all he needs to get his career back on track is to hear his name sung to the tune of The Muppets' "Phenomenon"? 

• Haha 3

I have never really understood Lille's refusal not to sell Botman this winter market, but to do so in the summer.

I understand that if they had sports aspirations, it is complicated. And I understand that after winning the League last year, they will try to continue a project to get just behind PSG as the second team in France. But this year they are ranked 11th in the league. It is true that they can still enter the Europa League or Conference League, but I don't think that makes a difference. They are eliminated in the French Cup.

And they are in the knockout stages of the Champions League, yes, but they are going to be eliminated against Chelsea. What's more, if they were in the Europa League, I would understand that they wanted to keep the player to try to go far in the competition.

They have already sold one of their best players, Ikone.

Newcastle needs the player and surely he was going to pay more than his real price... I don't know... Friend Lille, take the money, sign a couple of replacements from St Etienne and Lens, and try to be among the Top 5 of your League.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Mason Greenwoods girlfriend has just outed him as a rapist who beats her up, so assuming an investigation and he's found to be guilty that should be his career (and life as a free man) over.

From a cynical football transfers PoV I would assume that Lingard has just moved a place up man uniteds pecking order.

The audio recording she shared is absolutely grim. Hard to see how Greenwood comes back from it. Awful 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

The audio recording she shared is absolutely grim. Hard to see how Greenwood comes back from it. Awful 

Aye, it's not like it's ambiguous. He's obviously a fucking scrote who just happens to be good at football. Fingers crossed he gets his contract cancelled, although I'm not

holding my breath 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Dare I say he may encounter someone with a similar attitude towards sex in prison, but the positions will be alternated.

• Tom locked this topic