The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

If there are actually other bidders, and a premier league team among them, for Carlos, what's the bet it's fucking Gerrard and Villa again.

Edit

On another point I'm obviously not privy to the inner workings of transfer negotiations, but how the fuck does it take this long for either club A to realise that club B won't sell for anything below club A's limit, and conversely for club B to lay a marker down with how much they want. I know obviously there is some bartering and brinkmanship involved, but again it boggles the mind that either club A or B don't resolve the issue more quickly. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What’s the point in negotiating with the club if we don’t know whether the player will agree to come? Always best to get the player inside first.

These personal terms are just an approximation. The actual contract can't be agreed until the fee has been agreed otherwise it's called tapping up and is sanctionable. It's why Trippier's deal took a couple of days after Athletico accepted because only after the fee was agreed were Newcastle allowed to sit down and discuss the actual contract which includes things like clauses, appearance fees etc. 

It's just a bit frustrating as a fan seeing personal terms which in reality means Newcastle can afford the player's wages and are willing to pay it which we know is true for most of the player's we're after. It doesn't give us a true idea of how likely the player is to sign.

Would be tremendous if Leeds postpone, although they have to have it in the back of their head that we could be 4 players better off by the time we play them, if they do postpone. 

They might fancy their U23s chances against us. I know I would. 

• Like 1

Lingard would be a class loan/transfer, I think he’s a big improvement on Fraser. The only issue with it remains that our CM can’t get the forwards the fucking ball so we really need to improve that. 

Loan would be hilarious btw if nothing else but to wind up that bloke who said a loan for Lingard would be impossible. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Some Saudi club making a loan move for Aubameyang apparently. Surely thats worth a shot too alongside Lingard.

He;s already told us to get fucked. He was an early target .

I'm happy, I think we need people who want to come for challenge, development , a regular team place with the upcoming internationals, or something like that.

Players with bad attitude and no backbone - we've plenty of those.

Oh and Lingard replacing Fraser etc. nah, I'd rather he sit in the Longstaff / Shelvey space

Edited by scoobos

5 minutes ago, scoobos said:

He;s already told us to get fucked. He was an early target .

I'm happy, I think we need people who want to come for challenge, development , a regular team place with the upcoming internationals, or something like that.

Players with bad attitude and no backbone - we've plenty of those.

Oh and Lingard replacing Fraser etc. nah, I'd rather he sit in the Longstaff / Shelvey space

that's what i was thinking. would he not be more of a central midfielder in the willock of last season mould? put him alongside big joe and someone better than shelvey in the middle but tell him to get forward to support wood/wilson and continue with ASM and fraser as your wide men

Agreed on Lingard playing in that midfield three if we sign him. He's disciplined enough to play that position and still make attacking runs forward. 

Edit. Of course we're in far bigger need of a good box to box, defensive mid. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Howay said:

Lingard would be a class loan/transfer, I think he’s a big improvement on Fraser. The only issue with it remains that our CM can’t get the forwards the fucking ball so we really need to improve that. 

Loan would be hilarious btw if nothing else but to wind up that bloke who said a loan for Lingard would be impossible. 

Loan isn't happening according to The Mail - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10419497/Newcastle-rebuffed-Manchester-United-sign-Jesse-Lingard-loan.html

The fact we are even publicly making loan bids, or bids, for quality players with Premiership experience , who have potentially little sell on value after 3 years - makes me feel like I'm tripping.

Honestly if we sign lingard and trippier in the same window, I wont be able to jizz for at least a year whilst I rebuild reserves.

I think I'll start hydrating in advance now.

• Haha 1

• Tom locked this topic