The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

8 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Translation on that ones a bit weird, are we after Braganca, Nunes or both?

Either way I really like Sporting so this is fun :D

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They’re about to get a hard dose of reality with regards to nobody wanting to grace that shithole. Coutinho must be pissing his sides, he’s been coasting for years

It's mad how his stock nosedived with that Barca move. There was point about a year before that my (massive Man I supporter) stepda reluctantly drunkenly confessed he thought he was the best player in the Premier League.

Maybe there is some weight to the back-injury that Liverpool fans thought was a smokescreen to push through the transfer. Total shadow of his former self. Wouldn't have said he was ever close to the best player in the PL but he was class in his pomp, then just disappeared off a cliff.

7 hours ago, Howay said:

Btw, why is the picture of Trippier our media team keep using the one of him clearly meaning to point to the badge but pointing to his shoulder? :lol: why use that one?

Been seeing these two in a bunch of articles.

Getty-Images-1363224643-1.jpg

0_GettyImages-1363224536.jpg

Who is getting pied from the squad then?

Gillepsie? Hendrick? Clark?

Schar? Gayle? Longstaff?

If Wilson is out for months then he might free up a squad place. Krafth might make the cut because of his versatility. Likewise Richie. The bottom 3 names might even attract fees!

You have to wonder if our lot will move on from this one as getting nickel-and-dimed over miniscule details of add-on particulars potentially sets a dangerous precedent for other club hierarchies to follow if we're identified as a soft-touch in negotiations.

(Or they simply pay what Lille want, agree to the strange add-on demands, and trust that everyone else will understand that the French are impossibly difficult assholes who don't impact upon everyone else's ability to get along just fine.)

Updated Offer:
£33million
 - previously mentioned add-ons, plus response to latest request as follows:
      - Dear Lille, not every transfer negotiation involving an English club needs to include a restatement of the English Crown's abandonment of its claims on Calais!

Edited by toonotl
  • Haha 6

Unfortunately I think we need to walk away from Botman now. The club are taking the piss, so let them keep him and their financial problems, and maybe we'll get him in the summer or later in the window if they realise the chance is slipping away and the player kicks up a fuss. 

Turn to other targets. There's a temptation to say just give them what they want but they MUST be taking the piss with the add ons for that to the the sticking point. We need to show other clubs that if you try and take the piss we'll walk away and your big pay day will disappear. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Unfortunately I think we need to walk away from Botman now. The club are taking the piss, so let them keep him and their financial problems, and maybe we'll get him in the summer or later in the window if they realise the chance is slipping away and the player kicks up a fuss. 

Turn to other targets. There's a temptation to say just give them what they want but they MUST be taking the piss with the add ons for that to the the sticking point. We need to show other clubs that if you try and take the piss we'll walk away and your big pay day will disappear. 

I'm mostly inclined to think the same way but given our current predicament and the fact that it's January we'll unfortunately have to pay more than normal if the selling club wants to keep the player. If we stay up we'll be playing from a much more dominant position.

If we have alternatives that are near enough in quality that we can move on quickly it's a different story.

• Tom locked this topic