The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Your accusations should be directed well above my pay grade, possibly towards  the entire legal profession  :huff:

I'm busy trying to hold my own against Diego, I haven't the capacity to take on another fight.

57 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Solicitors still use a fax for certain docs as you can't hack a fax....similar story for players contracts I imagine :cuppa:

Fax machines are still widely used in legal proceedings in Germany.

I have to use one more or less every day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Doesn't seem very efficient.

Had a summer job when I was about 16 or 17 with the Child Support Agency. I loved it when the Grade 6 sent me to send a long fax. A 50 page job would take at least half an hour. You could be away from your desk for the best part of an hour with a well-timed shite 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Had a summer job when I was about 16 or 17 with the Child Support Agency. I loved it when the Grade 6 sent me to send a long fax. A 50 page job would take at least half an hour. You could be away from your desk for the best part of an hour with a well-timed shite 

or an hour and a half with a misjudged badly timed shite

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I knew a kid who went for a shite on his first day working at Nissan some time around 15 or so years ago, he was away the best part of 15 years or so. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

My solicitor used to send all correspondence by royal cunting mail. Absolute fossil of a man and profession 

• Jaysus... 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Par for the course for a full international at the top of his game. 

No doubt, it’s just not really sunk in for me yet that we are going to be throwing around this type of money 

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

My solicitor used to send all correspondence by royal cunting mail. Absolute fossil of a man and profession 

Digital solutions are a pain in the arse. It’s really hard to make them safe and to verify authenticity. It took several years to work on one that does work for lawyers here.

Fax machines are on their last legs here though as we are bound to work with digital files by 2025.

• Tom locked this topic