The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Actually I think I’ve worked out what it was that riled The Gob of the Tyne. I said it was pathetic and sour grapes when he was trying to get the Norwich coach into bother after that bamp in the crowd tried to pinch a football :D 

• Like 2

On 15/12/2021 at 16:19, Rayvin said:

Oh god, we're back to this again. "He's signed, nailed on." And then two weeks of silence before it turns out he objects to the strategic vision of the club or something.

Ok so, not "strategic vision" but still.

Anyone calling themselves Football Insider is probably nothing of the sort. These are the same sort of sources that were telling us the Emenalo deal was done. Just wait til January and treat everything as a rumour. 

• Like 4

I agree, it's as true for rumours of buys as it is for rumours of transfers collapsing.

£120k doesn't seem like a big deal to me though tbh, for a club of our financial power. It'll be interesting if that turns out to be true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean there was rumours we were offering £175k a week previously, so why he would be insisting on £120k is an absolute mystery. :lol:

He is obviously a man of integrity and our lot won't budge on paying him less because we are the richest club in the world and we insist on paying too much.  

• Haha 3

These are the same sort of accounts that were/are linking us to raiding Burnley for Tarkowski and Mee, which if you think about it for even one second makes absolutely fucking no sense. We’d need to offer an absolutely staggering amount of money, since selling their starting CB pairing would essentially resign them to relegation, for two very average (at best) CBs, or what’s more likely is we sign players from the continent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

These are the same sort of accounts that were/are linking us to raiding Burnley for Tarkowski and Mee, which if you think about it for even one second makes absolutely fucking no sense. We’d need to offer an absolutely staggering amount of money, since selling their starting CB pairing would essentially resign them to relegation, for two very average (at best) CBs, or what’s more likely is we sign players from the continent. 

If Trippier doesn’t come they’ll say ‘I told you so’. If he does they’ll say we agreed to his demands in the end. Likelihood is all they know is we’ve been linked with him in the press 

• Like 3

• Tom locked this topic