Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Had a negative PCR but had a make or break few cans last night topped off with a glass of wine which went down no bother but it has indeed broke me as early hours till now I feel like I've been hit in the head with a sledgehammer. Still. :lol: Laying off it totally tonight and hoping I'm a bit more recovered by tomorrow. Been fine all fucking year as well. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I've got a tight chest. Had it since the full body aches the other day.

I've got a tight chest but that's because I'm a bit asthmatic and the mother-in-law is a chain smoker who won't open the window even a crack.

Meanwhile, her brother walked in earlier and said hello with a cheery "I've got a runny nose, it's probably Omnicrom!".

Scenes from a Lincolnshire Christmas, there. :boogie:

• Haha 4

I think this round consists of those who have had it, those who have got it and those who will have it before the year is out. It seems like everyone has it at the moment, and it really isn't something to be concerned about. 

• Like 1

The vaccination rates and the amount of vulnerable people it’s already killed in this country means you’d hope the stats would be better better in terms of hospitalisations and deaths, etc. I don’t think it really justifies the ‘fuck it, let’s see what happens’ policy from the government though. We’re still seeing and are going to see loads of avoidable deaths imo. Plenty to worry about 

Anecdotally, i know about 3 times as many people who currently have COVID than at any other time during the pandemic. Wouldn't be surprised to see the numbers pushing 150k+ a day tomorrow.

I suspect shit loads of people had a precautionary PCR on December 23rd, the results of which probably wouldn't have been collated until the 25th and haven't been reported yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Anecdotally, i know about 3 times as many people who currently have COVID than at any other time during the pandemic. Wouldn't be surprised to see the numbers pushing 150k+ a day tomorrow.

I suspect shit loads of people had a precautionary PCR on December 23rd, the results of which probably wouldn't have been collated until the 25th and haven't been reported yet

Then factor in all the knackers with symptoms not even doing a LFT so as not to ‘ruin Xmas’. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NJS said:

Hospitalisations in London are rocketing so we need to hope this supposed mildness translates to less ventilation /death from those cases. 

I wonder how many (im assuming low) of them are in hospital for other stuff and have tested positive due to requirement for a PCR on admission. 

On 26/12/2021 at 14:04, Kid Dynamite said:

130k in England alone today. Scotland and Wales haven't released figures but they've been at 10k & 5k in recent days

Edited by Kid Dynamite

29 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

130k in England alone today. Scotland and Wales haven't released figures but they've been at 10k & 5k in recent days

Lots of talk tonight about omicron being a lot milder and the increase in cases still not leading to an increase in serious illness or deaths. Also talk that we should follow the US and cut isolation to 5 days.

Is this sort of mild symptoms backed up by what you’re seeing on the ground?

I know loads of people down here who have it and have all said the same thing: it’s like a mild cold. The problem is the sheer volume of daily infections means hospitalisations will inevitably go up, even if it’s a small percentage of the total number. 

9 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Lots of talk tonight about omicron being a lot milder and the increase in cases still not leading to an increase in serious illness or deaths. Also talk that we should follow the US and cut isolation to 5 days.

Is this sort of mild symptoms backed up by what you’re seeing on the ground?

5 days isolation would be mental. Misjudge your symptoms by 1 day and you're walking around still infectious 

Someone I know has had a positive result on a LFT and the soonest they could get a PCR appointment was 5 days. So you can pretty much discount the numbers being anywhere near accurate if that’s remotely representative of the rest of the country 

Edited by Alex

We're at someone's house on NYE. They're refusing to get boosted and yesterday he was texting me telling me his stepdad, who he spent all Xmas day with, is off for a PCR test cos he thinks he's got covid. 

I've said to him, well if he comes back positive, are you getting tested, and he says he will but I don't think he'll have time - stepdad tested today, results tomorrow, the earliest he'll be able to get a test is NYE. 

If his stepdad comes back positive, he might be getting told to fuck off for NYE. Mainly cos I don't want to go like. :lol:

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We're at someone's house on NYE. They're refusing to get boosted and yesterday he was texting me telling me his stepdad, who he spent all Xmas day with, is off for a PCR test cos he thinks he's got covid. 

I've said to him, well if he comes back positive, are you getting tested, and he says he will but I don't think he'll have time - stepdad tested today, results tomorrow, the earliest he'll be able to get a test is NYE. 

If his stepdad comes back positive, he might be getting told to fuck off for NYE. Mainly cos I don't want to go like. :lol:

Gemmill's life now turning into a modern reboot of Terry and June. (All that's missing is his boss turning up to the party). :D

• Haha 6

This from Sky News an hour ago chances are the new infections are double what they're officially declaring 

The gov.uk website shows no available slots for walk-through or drive-through tests across all regions of England and Northern Ireland, with "very few" available in Scotland.

lcimg-83ef93eb-9a75-42a1-b4aa-2f82160ff02c.jpg?bypass-service-worker

56 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’ve just tried to get some more LFTs and am getting no joy, with delivery or collection. Was out all day Monday and it was tits to elbows in town so it’s nailed on I’m probably going to get it as well.

I’ve had about 150 boxes of them sitting in my garage for the past two months.

The wife’s work ordered them but no fucker wants the responsibility so they’re sitting there going to waste.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve had about 150 boxes of them sitting in my garage for the past two months.

The wife’s work ordered them but no fucker wants the responsibility so they’re sitting there going to waste.

COVID HOARDER! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Gemmill's life now turning into a modern reboot of Terry and June. (All that's missing is his boss turning up to the party). :D

Gemmill's lass/June: "It's so lovely to have you round to our New Year's Eve party, Mr Scrimshaw! Gemmill's told me so much about you, he says you're a total wanker!"

Gemmill's boss: "He said what!!??"

Gemmill/Terry: "Err, 'Anchor' darling, I said 'my boss is a total anchor of strength to us all in the office'. Honestly Mr Scrimshaw, it's like living with a profoundly deaf person in this house, tut, honestly man, what's an accountant supposed to do these day? Hahahaha. Errr....Have I showed you my roomba, Mr Scrimshaw? It's totally cutting edge."

5zedgc.jpg

• Haha 4