Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Asprilla said:

i would rather we could have kept a better trading relationship with the EU but (and we can differ on this) they would rather “teach us a lesson” than find a good solution.

We will very much differ on this. It wasn’t the aim to punish the UK for leaving but it has always been clear that the EU wouldn’t and couldn’t let the UK get away with cake eating and cherry picking. There was no way for the EU to sacrifice fundamental principles to suit the wishes of a leaving member.

As for a system of negative tests: That’s not enough. We do have it here with people getting free tests to be able to prove not being infected when necessary. But that only does contribute a small fraction in keeping numbers down. More can only get achieved by tougher measures.

• Like 1

Don't want the vaccine don't take it, but if you get ill you can check yourself into one of them antivax hospitals and let a YouTube dr prescribe you horse laxative or whatever the latest fad is.

Oh and no going into pubs, restaurants cinemas or football grounds

And get your food delivered 

Your body your choice

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Don't want the vaccine don't take it, but if you get ill you can check yourself into one of them antivax hospitals and let a YouTube dr prescribe you horse laxative or whatever the latest fad is.

Oh and no going into pubs, restaurants cinemas or football grounds

And get your food delivered 

Your body your choice

The hallmark post of someone who is not interested in anything outside the mainstream.

Ivermectin is a drug used in humans that can be given to animals as well. It’s not some random abstract drug.

you and I can’t know for certain if there are benefits to taking it because some people swear by it and others dismiss it. Lots of drugs have different effects on people.

Drugs are repurposed all the time. I take a drug and have done for the last 20+ years that keeps me healthy that was designed for another purpose.

Also, who the fuck do you think you are saying who can and can’t use the NHS?

I may not agree with everyone’s lifestyle choices but I wouldn’t presume to think I had the right to judge whether or not they used a service they had paid contributions into.

seriously, your post is the very reason more and more people are pushing back against unwarranted authority.

56 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

We will very much differ on this. It wasn’t the aim to punish the UK for leaving but it has always been clear that the EU wouldn’t and couldn’t let the UK get away with cake eating and cherry picking. There was no way for the EU to sacrifice fundamental principles to suit the wishes of a leaving member.

As for a system of negative tests: That’s not enough. We do have it here with people getting free tests to be able to prove not being infected when necessary. But that only does contribute a small fraction in keeping numbers down. More can only get achieved by tougher measures.

Why use terms like having cake and eating it?

a trade deal is there to serve both sides 

the cult and ego of the EU is exactly why I voted to leave

So Serco track and trace spent 40 minutes with me going through everybody I'd been in contact with the last week or so. I found it ridiculously invasive. Next day, they phone me about my daughter's contacts. I explained as it is holiday time and we are a family, they are the same as mine. Doesn't matter they said, we need to go through it again. At which point I hung up and have now blocked them as contacts on my phone. I think I have technically broken the law on this.  Now I am being bombarded with texts generated from the App.

You try and do the right thing, and this happens. What an absurd waste of money when case rates are this high, all for the benefit of tory donors. And Johnson and his mates flagrantly break the law anyway. Fuck them. 

4 hours ago, Asprilla said:

It’s not called anything.

You just give it a name so you can feel that you don’t need to be civil.

I'm not engaging with you at all. Renton made a comment about a particular style of posting. I supplied the name. If the shoe fits though, you're welcome to wear it. 

• Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

So Serco track and trace spent 40 minutes with me going through everybody I'd been in contact with the last week or so. I found it ridiculously invasive. Next day, they phone me about my daughter's contacts. I explained as it is holiday time and we are a family, they are the same as mine. Doesn't matter they said, we need to go through it again. At which point I hung up and have now blocked them as contacts on my phone. I think I have technically broken the law on this.  Now I am being bombarded with texts generated from the App.

You try and do the right thing, and this happens. What an absurd waste of money when case rates are this high, all for the benefit of tory donors. And Johnson and his mates flagrantly break the law anyway. Fuck them. 

Aye, I had to do the same. But being a sea lion I didn’t hang up :lol: 

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, I thought similar. The admin costs of speaking at length to hundreds of thousands of people. For what’s an absolutely pointless exercise in a country taking virtually no mitigating actions against the virus. 

Edited by Alex

31 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Also, who the fuck do you think you are saying who can and can’t use the NHS?

I'm not stopping anybody using the NHS,  their body, their choice.

Actions have consequences

34 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

seriously, your post is the very reason more and more people are pushing back against unwarranted authority.

Ooh I was going to vote Labour but somebody said something nasty about me so now I have to vote Tory

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm not stopping anybody using the NHS,  their body, their choice.

Actions have consequences

Ooh I was going to vote Labour but somebody said something nasty about me so now I have to vote Tory

Who wants to vote for either of them anymore?

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nailed on ReformUK voter if you still lived here. :razz:

#lozzaforpm

😎

It’s grim though. Labour used to have people I could relate to. Caroline Flint, Tony Benn, no problem.

Tories have always been trickier even though I lean right. David Davies maybe I could vote for.

But they’re just cartoon versions of who they used to be and the Lib Dems are even more anonymous than they used to be.

it is a shit show

1 hour ago, Asprilla said:

Why use terms like having cake and eating it?

a trade deal is there to serve both sides 

the cult and ego of the EU is exactly why I voted to leave

Because the term was used by your now prime minister about what he expected to be the outcome of leaving the EU.

Why use the term “cult” though? It’s an multi-national Union that’s bound by rules and regulations. Some are seen as fundamental and therefore couldn’t be part of any trade deal with a non-member, just as they wouldn’t and couldn’t get sacrificed for trade deals with other non-nembers.

Maybe the main problem was not the ego if the EU but the ego and false perceptions of the UK and its team negotiating team about the terms they could realistically achieve because the French wanting to sell cheese and Germans wanting to sell cars without realising they value the EU and the common market more than the trading relationship with just the UK.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Asprilla said:

I have no problem with wearing a mask indoors but I have a very big problem with being (potentially) forced to take a vaccine against my will.

I’m not anti rule or anti police but I believe there needs to be the least amount of “force” possible.

Do you think the vaccines have saved lives? If everyone was of your mindset how many more people would have died? It's as simple as that.

If you don't want to act in the interest of general society's health and well-being then why should you enjoy the other benefits that come from being in one? The truth is that authorities have to cater for the lowest common denominator when it comes to governing and you're putting yourself into that category with your current position.

Rayvin's post illustrates this nicely. You're not being asked to be an expert in healthcare, you're being asked to trust the countless years of collective research analysis and experience from the experts in the field and to act accordingly. You can't simply operate under a "dumb down a complex issue into something that makes sense to me" model because there's too much at risk and your actions extend beyond your own welfare.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OTF said:

Do you think the vaccines have saved lives? If everyone was of your mindset how many more people would have died? It's as simple as that.

If you don't want to act in the interest of general society's health and well-being then why should you enjoy the other benefits that come from being in one? The truth is that authorities have to cater for the lowest common denominator when it comes to governing and you're putting yourself into that category with your current position.

Rayvin's post illustrates this nicely. You're not being asked to be an expert in healthcare, you're being asked to trust the countless years of collective research analysis and experience from the experts in the field and to act accordingly. You can't simply operate under a "dumb down a complex issue into something that makes sense to me" model because there's too much at risk and your actions extend beyond your own welfare.

There are specific medical reasons which make me not want to take these current vaccines and they are none of anyone’s business.

i have stated that there is a vaccine that I would take that has been delayed.

i am wearing masks and staying away from people.

it is unlikely I have had Covid and therefore unlikely I have spread Covid so whatever I am doing has proved to be effective so far.

my job I do from home.

meanwhile others have taken flights, gone to restaurants, caught and transmitted Covid to others and yet I’m the bad guy.

yeah ok.

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Because the term was used by your now prime minister about what he expected to be the outcome of leaving the EU.

Why use the term “cult” though? It’s an multi-national Union that’s bound by rules and regulations. Some are seen as fundamental and therefore couldn’t be part of any trade deal with a non-member, just as they wouldn’t and couldn’t get sacrificed for trade deals with other non-nembers.

Maybe the main problem was not the ego if the EU but the ego and false perceptions of the UK and its team negotiating team about the terms they could realistically achieve because the French wanting to sell cheese and Germans wanting to sell cars without realising they value the EU and the common market more than the trading relationship with just the UK.

The German car industry doesn’t appear to be doing great post Brexit

25 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

There are specific medical reasons which make me not want to take these current vaccines and they are none of anyone’s business.

Vanishingly small penis. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

The German car industry doesn’t appear to be doing great post Brexit

1 + 1 = 3

Delusion of grandeur.

I live in the heartland of the German car industry. There are various reasons but I haven’t heard about Brexit being the main problem. As I said the common market is seen as more important than selling cars to the UK, even by the car industry itself.

10 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

1 + 1 = 3

Delusion of grandeur.

I live in the heartland of the German car industry. There are various reasons but I haven’t heard about Brexit being the main problem. As I said the common market is seen as more important than selling cars to the UK, even by the car industry itself.

No grandeur at all, I just googled it and apparently since Brexit exports are way down.

coincidence probably

44 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Have you had a competent medical professional diagnose this and advise you not to take the vaccine? Have they also determined that the magical anti-vaxxer vaccine that is always on the horizon is safe for you and your "specific medical reasons" or are you talking absolute horse shit?

• Haha 3