Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

The issue isn’t really with Alliance Healthcare, it’s with the fact that the government knew there was going to be a huge increase in covid cases but had no plans to increase testing capacity. That thread states that there is a maximum of one carton delivered to pharmacies every day. That will be nowhere near enough in some areas. Plus it’s difficult to even order them online. 

Clearly the problem is with supply rather than distribution.

Well, it's finally happened. My youngest has tested positive. The rest of us are so far all negative. But my Dad also tested positive on his death bed. I think the rules stipulate i can still visit for now. But it's in full PPE which is horrendous to wear,, I can't actually see out the visor. So claustrophobic, I don't know how cat mag copes. I'm so anxious and depressed (yes, I'm seeking help for it). Great start to 2022, Happy New Year everyone! 

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Well, it's finally happened. My youngest has tested positive. The rest of us are so far all negative. But my Dad also tested positive on his death bed. I think the rules stipulate i can still visit for now. But it's in full PPE which is horrendous to wear,, I can't actually see out the visor. So claustrophobic, I don't know how cat mag copes. I'm so anxious and depressed (yes, I'm seeking help for it). Great start to 2022, Happy New Year everyone! 

So sorry to hear this. Sincerely hope things improve for you this year 

• Like 2

Cheers. I've actually got the fear about having to look after an ill 8 year old child most now! There's no rhyme or reason to how this infection spreads. I've been mingling with my brothers family over Xmas and one of his has it but none of the others. 

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sounds horrendous Rents. Words all sound fatuous but I hope it turns for you soon

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Renton said:

My heart goes out to you, Rents. I hope things turn around a bit. 

Brother has just tested positive. Shared a car with him yesterday. Its in the post I reckon.. Hospital are having to check their policies on whether I can visit. Have to say the palliative care team there are second to  none. 

Anyway, cheers all, this place has been a genuine help to me. I'm going to get the help I need and although I expect the next few days and weeks to be hard, I'm determined to have a good 2022. 👍 

• Like 6

Look after yourself Renton mate- whatever transpires over the next few days,( i.e. you having to self-isolate), you know you’ve done everything within your power to help your Dad, so try not to beat yourself up too much over things you can’t control. 

• Like 4

NHS bosses saying hospitalisations in London may have peaked and while they are 12,000 people in UK hospitals with covid, that is way below last winter’s peak.

Looks like Johnson’s punt on the vaccine being enough to prevent another lockdown might have come off. I suppose we’ll see what happens after the kids have been back at school for a couple of weeks 

Just finished Louis Thereoux’s lockdown diaries, covering the first 18 months or so of the pandemic, and found it strangely comforting. A documentarian I hugely admire  also spent the duration drinking too much, arguing with his wife and struggling as a father and in life broadly. There were so many stories in it I’m sure we would all recognise. It’s a great read, almost cathartic at times. 

For somewhere that held it at bay for so long, our bunch of Tories have just gone fuck it, you're all getting it and the current infection rate (per-capita) has got to be close to the highest in the world atm.

They are also looking after their mates by not subsidising RATS and making it impossible to get a PCR by closing down testing centres. We've got an election coming up in the next few months and people are so stupid they will vote these bunch of cunts back in. :wallbash:

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1