Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Hopefully she’s okay troops. Pregnant women are understandably worried about the unknown side effects of the vaccine. However it needs to be weighed up against the risks of catching covid. My wife wasn’t sure about getting the booster while pregnant but after a conversation with our maternity consultant on what he had seen in the wards she was in no doubt that the best thing was to get it.

• Like 1

The midwifes been on a our daughter about getting  jabbed all through the pregnancy. I know there's supposed to be a lot of pregnant woman with covid in hospital who are not jabbed

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1

An estimated 2.3 million people in the UK had COVID in the week up to 23 December - a substantial rise on the 1.4 million the previous week.

I guess we'll see the knock on effect next week with the NHS given the usual 2 week delay 

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

The nightingales are a  total white elephant. They don't have the staff to put in them.

I was involved in the NE Nightingale. Amazing effort to get it pulled together so quickly but in hindsight it was never going to work. No staff to run it. Totally inadequate donning/doffing facilities. Probably would have ended up a glorified hospice if things got as bad as were first feared. 

Fuck knows what the tents in car parks plan is supposed to solve. We can't even man the wards we've got currently 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

An estimated 2.3 million people in the UK had COVID in the week up to 23 December - a substantial rise on the 1.4 million the previous week.

I guess we'll see the knock on effect next week with the NHS given the usual 2 week delay 

I think you could do with a break from looking at figures dude

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I was involved in the NE Nightingale. Amazing effort to get it pulled together so quickly but in hindsight it was never going to work. No staff to run it. Totally inadequate donning/doffing facilities. Probably would have ended up a glorified hospice if things got as bad as were first feared. 

Fuck knows what the tents in car parks plan is supposed to solve. We can't even man the wards we've got currently 

The idea is that it’s easier to staff them when they’re on the premises and they’ll be filled with patients nearly ready to go home so will require less care. That’s the theory anyway.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Really fucking angry at one of my daughters. She's 7 months pregnant got 3 kids & refuses to get jabbed. About an hour ago told me she didn't feel to hood & did a test. Hey presto its came back positive. I've said to her loads of times have you had the jab the same reply not yet. Now this its to bloody late & no doubt the kids will get it as well now grrrr 

Hope she’s ok. 

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The idea is that it’s easier to staff them when they’re on the premises and they’ll be filled with patients nearly ready to go home so will require less care. That’s the theory anyway.

Sounds great on paper. But no staff is no staff. If your ward usually needs 5 nurses and is currently running on 3 then where do you find an additional 3 for the car park tent?

Had planned to spend this weekend with my lass in a hotel cut off from the world - we've cancelled now as her parents who she spent xmas with have just tested positive. 

What a shitter. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sounds great on paper. But no staff is no staff. If your ward usually needs 5 nurses and is currently running on 3 then where do you find an additional 3 for the car park tent?

I think you’re missing the point. The government can announce they’ve created thousands of extra hospital beds. Headlines tend not to worry about the details.