Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

23 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well this looks promising. Be nice to things get back to normal next year. (I appreciate it’s going to be with us for years btw, just hoping that next year it’s totally on the bad cold side of things).

ED2E187D-78F6-4813-B64C-E8BB7A07F3FD.jpeg

You're dreaming if you think we'll be back to normal next year. Some 400,000 positive tests in the few days over Christmas and thats with PCR test results being delayed and loads of folk being unable to get lateral flow tests.

Significantly fewer deaths is the only success story, still far too many people stubbornly refusing to wear masks and too many people still getting ill as a result.

I would think the huge surge in positives can only lead to more hospitalisations and deaths in the coming weeks. Also there are serious health repercussions for many who recover. I think the current daily death rate is fucking disgraceful anyway when you consider how many of the vulnerable have already been killed and how we have better treatments now along with vaccines. I’m putting that on the laissez faire government approach, not the nhs of course. I really hope I am wrong and it’s milder in most cases and it’s not as bad as I fear. People point at South Africa and the sudden decrease there but it’s mid summer in a hotter country etc. Also how the fuck can they be contemplating putting field hospitals into hospital car parks whilst simultaneously deciding there was no need to introduce restrictions over Xmas and new year? 

• Like 2

They get away with fucking murder like. The Nightingales plus zero restrictions stuff should be on every front page, and the top story on every news bulletin. It's completely inexplicable outside of "he's doing it to keep his job". 

58 minutes ago, Alex said:

I would think the huge surge in positives can only lead to more hospitalisations and deaths in the coming weeks. Also there are serious health repercussions for many who recover. I think the current daily death rate is fucking disgraceful anyway when you consider how many of the vulnerable have already been killed and how we have better treatments now along with vaccines. I’m putting that on the laissez faire government approach, not the nhs of course. I really hope I am wrong and it’s milder in most cases and it’s not as bad as I fear. People point at South Africa and the sudden decrease there but it’s mid summer in a hotter country etc. Also how the fuck can they be contemplating putting field hospitals into hospital car parks whilst simultaneously deciding there was no need to introduce restrictions over Xmas and new year? 

Aye, I’ve tried to avoid looking at it all too closely for a while as it’s so depressing. Saw another tweet tonight which suggests  it’s going to get very bad very quickly :( 

Hope it’s wrong.

E39BEACC-7CC8-4DD9-B00E-B3FFDED8D2E2.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

You're dreaming if you think we'll be back to normal next year. Some 400,000 positive tests in the few days over Christmas and thats with PCR test results being delayed and loads of folk being unable to get lateral flow tests.

Significantly fewer deaths is the only success story, still far too many people stubbornly refusing to wear masks and too many people still getting ill as a result.

I was more thinking of later next year, not next few weeks. Kind of hoping that it continues to weaken as it evolves, the newer vaccines are as good as they are hoping and anti vaxxers find it harder to do certain things leading to more of the population sorted.

Alternatively it might morph into something far worse than we’ve had and we’ll be back to the dark ages. 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

In a fantastic situation here where, just about everybody I know is testing positive. This doesn’t include the lads I went out with on Monday but it does include, in no order, one of their girlfriends, their lass and also their mother, their cousin, two of the barmaids in the local and their da. I have no symptoms but, at the same time, that’s a ridiculous amount of people who have been in close contact and at the same time, the three pharmacies I visited with my code today, had no tests available. A large part of me wants to just fuck the next week off but fairly sure I can’t get off work without symptoms to speak of and my dad, who lives away and I rarely see, is coming up so I have no way to make sure I’m negative for his arrival, especially if I meet his brothers, one of which, is technically at risk.

Legitimately not sure what my option is, other than just staying in despite the zero symptoms, nevertheless, with the rate it’s spreading amongst the people I’ve interacted with, I feel I have to. I can’t believe we’re in this place, if I had access to lateral flows or even a PCR without a 4 day wait, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Him answering that question about where he's been btw. :lol:

For a bloke that lies every time he opens his gob, his skills deserted him. 

I turned to my lass and said - you’d think he be better at lying with all the practice he’s had 

Sky News 

The number of people in hospital with COVID-19 is increasing significantly, it has been warned, with another hospital suspending visitors "due to health and safety concerns".

Dr Chaand Nagpaul, chairman of the council at the British Medical Association, told Sky News: "What's concerning is that we are seeing significant increases in people in hospital.

"In fact, as of yesterday, the number of people admitted and also the number of patients in hospital is at a level as high as during the lockdown earlier this year in spring, in February-March.

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

They get away with fucking murder like. The Nightingales plus zero restrictions stuff should be on every front page, and the top story on every news bulletin. It's completely inexplicable outside of "he's doing it to keep his job". 

The nightingales are a  total white elephant. They don't have the staff to put in them.

Plenty countries where that’s not the case like. Amazingly I’m still negative, as an aside. Expect to get it just as my lass is emerging from isolation 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We were all catching Covid. Anyone who thought different is a little niave

Yup, and probably on at least a few occasions in the future. It’s endemic now and isn’t going anywhere. I’m amazed I haven’t had it yet tbh

53 minutes ago, trooper said:

Sky News 

The number of people in hospital with COVID-19 is increasing significantly, it has been warned, with another hospital suspending visitors "due to health and safety concerns".

Dr Chaand Nagpaul, chairman of the council at the British Medical Association, told Sky News: "What's concerning is that we are seeing significant increases in people in hospital.

"In fact, as of yesterday, the number of people admitted and also the number of patients in hospital is at a level as high as during the lockdown earlier this year in spring, in February-March.

Meanwhile the official government line is:

93FC8951-38CE-4CC5-B113-F928A1550F2C.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Plenty countries where that’s not the case like. Amazingly I’m still negative, as an aside. Expect to get it just as my lass is emerging from isolation 

Of course but as many have said throughout this we can't compare with others. 

• Like 1

Really fucking angry at one of my daughters. She's 7 months pregnant got 3 kids & refuses to get jabbed. About an hour ago told me she didn't feel to hood & did a test. Hey presto its came back positive. I've said to her loads of times have you had the jab the same reply not yet. Now this its to bloody late & no doubt the kids will get it as well now grrrr 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1