Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Nightclubs in Northern Ireland will close from Boxing Day as part of new COVID measures.

Bastard Johnson's turn tomorrow now that Scotland, Wales & Ireland have decided what they're doing 

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If it wants a barney we'll give it one. One swift knee in the happy-sacks, it'll drop like anyone else

• Thanks 1

Negative as well, if I was one of the conspiracy loons I'd say the fact I've never had it despite going to work throughout means it doesn't exist or isn't as contagious as they let on. However, I know the real reason is the virus is shit scared to come anywhere near my almost super human powers, it takes one look at the ready brek-esque glow around me and says 'fuck that'. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Negative as well, if I was one of the conspiracy loons I'd say the fact I've never had it despite going to work throughout means it doesn't exist or isn't as contagious as they let on. However, I know the real reason is the virus is shit scared to come anywhere near my almost super powers, it takes one look at the ready brek-esque glow around me and says 'fuck that'. 

I’m convinced I’ve been exposed to it too. 

Coronavirus? I’ve shit em

• Haha 3

Pretty sure all the kids have it now. Taking the little ones for a PCR at 2. Eldest definitely has it. My lass has had two negative PCRs (latest yesterday). I’m still testing negative (latest one just before). I don’t have any symptoms but felt a bit weird earlier in the week. I wonder if it was the vaccine/immunity battling the virus that made me feel that way. I might still get it like but it’s nearly a week since my eldest tested positive 

Hope the kids are all OK with it. 

I feel like every day you test negative, you should play The Last Post in honour of your immune system. The whole family standing and saluting you. Let me know how it goes. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Hope the kids are all OK with it. 

I feel like every day you test negative, you should play The Last Post in honour of your immune system. The whole family standing and saluting you. Let me know how it goes. 

:lol: Cheers. All the kids have just a cough so far. If that’s as bad as it gets it feels like a good thing they’ve actually got it and it’s out the way if you know what I mean. And I’m definitely pleased I got my booster at the walk in centre instead of waiting until January 

• Like 1

Aye totally agree. A lass at work and her family all got it - her and her fella had some worrying moments with it, but in the end all was well and they've basically done what they want in December. Still wearing masks and that so as not to be a bell, but pantos, Disney on ice, all the sort of stuff where you'd be wondering how much of a risk you were taking. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Pretty sure all the kids have it now. Taking the little ones for a PCR at 2. Eldest definitely has it. My lass has had two negative PCRs (latest yesterday). I’m still testing negative (latest one just before). I don’t have any symptoms but felt a bit weird earlier in the week. I wonder if it was the vaccine/immunity battling the virus that made me feel that way. I might still get it like but it’s nearly a week since my eldest tested positive 

In a house of five, two of us got it and are now testing negative and the 3 females all dodged it. Absolutely bizarre given how infectious it is.

The preliminary data for omicron does look very promising, feels like finally this thing might be in the last phase. Sure we've all said that before though. I've been doing regular lateral flow tests for weeks now, as have the kids. Always been negative, even when half the school went down with it. I'm pretty careful though as can't risk a positive result at the moment. 

Just now, Renton said:

The preliminary data for omicron does look very promising, feels like finally this thing might be in the last phase. Sure we've all said that before though. I've been doing regular lateral flow tests for weeks now, as have the kids. Always been negative, even when half the school went down with it. I'm pretty careful though as can't risk a positive result at the moment. 

Aye, presumably if it's started getting weaker, and that's now the dominant strain, delta will die out and the next one from Omicron will be weaker again - is that generally how this goes? 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, presumably if it's started getting weaker, and that's now the dominant strain, delta will die out and the next one from Omicron will be weaker again - is that generally how this goes? 

Yeah, that's how the evolution of respiratory viruses usually pan out. Its acting as predicted, just taken a bit longer.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

In a house of five, two of us got it and are now testing negative and the 3 females all dodged it. Absolutely bizarre given how infectious it is.

I take it they’re all vaccinated though. It seems to prevent some people getting it altogether. I hope everyone is ok now anyway 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I told y’all weeks ago the pandemics over 

image.gif.ed8e0738d7bbc6e7be91dbef089629ae.gif