Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

New restrictions on large-scale events from Boxing Day

Ms Sturgeon says that restrictions have not been take lightly

From 26 December for three weeks, limits on public events in Scotland will be put in place:

100 standing at indoor events

200 seated at indoor events 

500 at outdoor seated and standing events

Ms Sturgeon says this will include sporting events and "large-scale" Hogmanay celebrations - including Edinburgh's street party - but not events like weddings.

It means that sporting stadia will be empty from Boxing Day onwards, with games being played behind closed doors.

The first minister says that non-professional contact sports should not go ahead until the end of the first weekend of January.

Indoor hospitality will be moved to table service only, with social distancing implemented. No more than three households will be allowed to gather.

There will be financial help, Ms Sturgeon says, for those industries impacted - with £175 million extra allocated to business support in Scotland - bringing the total to £375 million.

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

So tonight Sky reporting some experts are saying Ormicron may have already peaked.

Also isolation cut from 10 days to 7 as long as you pass a lateral flow test on day 6 and 7.

I could be free tomorrow!

Fuck's sake!

6 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

So tonight Sky reporting some experts are saying Ormicron may have already peaked.

Also isolation cut from 10 days to 7 as long as you pass a lateral flow test on day 6 and 7.

tenor.gif

Guess who's back.... Egghead's back. 

I'll let me dad know. 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

There was a thread by some bloke called Andrew Lilico on twitter the other day. He doesn't seem like a wackjob, won't accept Omicron is milder until there is data etc, but he'd run a number of models from horrendously pessimistic to relatively benign, and the thing that he said about all of them was that they ALL showed Omicron peaking really soon and falling away. 

Anyway, I hope he and the sky reports are correct. 

• Like 1

I'm off for a PCR this morning. Monday night I felt fucking dreadful - full body ache, temperature. Went to bed and woke up feeling worse yesterday morning and was convinced that the beast was upon me. 

By teatime I was absolutely fine. 

So I've got the test just in case - I'd been reading that if you're super boosted you can get this big onset of symptoms as your immune system goes into overdrive when the virus arrives.

I'm sure nobody would be surprised if I'd got it and defeated it within 24 hours. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm off for a PCR this morning. Monday night I felt fucking dreadful - full body ache, temperature. Went to bed and woke up feeling worse yesterday morning and was convinced that the beast was upon me. 

By teatime I was absolutely fine. 

So I've got the test just in case - I'd been reading that if you're super boosted you can get this big onset of symptoms as your immune system goes into overdrive when the virus arrives.

I'm sure nobody would be surprised if I'd got it and defeated it within 24 hours. 

Me too. Although my symptoms are a bit milder than yours, obviously, as I'm not a tart. :good:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Me too. Although my symptoms are a bit milder than yours, obviously, as I'm not a tart. :good:

Are you getting a PCR too? That was my first one this morning. Weird how it all just feels normal to have to do this shit now. 

Aye yesterday. Negative lateral flow. Saw that graph the other day though about how early on the LFT has a much higher threshold for spotting infection so you can get a negative there but a positive on a PCR at the same time.

So thought I'd make sure before mixing with people at Christmas. 

I absolutely don't think I've got it any more though, having been convinced I had at this time yesterday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Are you getting a PCR too? That was my first one this morning. Weird how it all just feels normal to have to do this shit now. 

This is my 3rd, one last October, negative, and one a few weeks later at work which everyone had to have. Youngest had a week in nursery as part of a work experience thing in her last week before breaking up which should've been cancelled really and was tested on Sunday as she had some symptoms, probably caught at the nursery. She was negative so I'm hoping it's just me getting whatever she's picked up and not me catching covid from going out on Saturday night, which I didn't really fancy but hadn't seen my mates for a bit and their was a slight bit of huffiness from the last time about something daft so felt it needed the effort. I'll be pissed off if I've got it as I altered plans to go out and couldn't really be arsed.

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Good luck! Is it next day for results or can you get them same day too? 

Bairn got tested Sunday dinner time, had results by 9-ish next day so hoping mine might even beat that as I was in earlier in the day plus it's a weekday. The wife really pissing me off so sooner the better. :lol:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Honestly if I get a positive, I'm gonna have to try really hard not to look absolutely made up about it. The amount of shit it'll get me out of having to do over Christmas is unreal. 

Of all the times I'd have took it this is the last time I'd want it as I've still got to get some stuff, it'll put me in the bad books and I'm already off work so no benefits there. :lol:

• Haha 2

If we've got it, we're gonna walk it. 

Most stuff you can get in Amazon man, so not being able to go to the shops shouldn't be a hassle. Obviously your Sven Adult Books "Sexy Santa" stuff you'll have to get in person. 

PS. 1969!? Fuck right off! :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

Most stuff you can get in Amazon man, so not being able to go to the shops shouldn't be a hassle. Obviously your Sven Adult Books "Sexy Santa" stuff you'll have to get in person. 

Honestly it’s the lack of taste which is the kicker :lol: Especially over Christmas when there’s all the extra niceties on offer. :( 

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You can't be that far off being born in '69 and anyway, you were born middle-aged. :whistle:

• Haha 3