Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

49 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oof! 
Is that everyone self isolating then? 

Well, I think the little uns might have it now, getting them tested this morning. It’s inevitable really given how contagious it is / their being unvaccinated. It’s been raging through their school but until now their years had somehow avoided it. The big uns symptoms are quite mild at present. I don’t even know what the actual guidelines are to be honest. My lass and I have no symptoms and have had -ve LFTs. She could, theoretically, return to work in 5 days as long as she’s negative, as she works for the NHS. I’m wfh anyway. It’s a shame for the kids, grandparents etc at Xmas more than anything else but that’s all relatively trivial so long as they’re ok. I actually said at the beginning of the week they could close the schools early given the infection rates and the fact they’d be doing very little. Prior to this I was angry anyway at the way the policy has basically been to just let kids catch it with virtually no mitigations in place. So long as I’m negative I’ll walk the dogs but I’ll avoid any contact beyond that. Positive to this is not having to visit anyone at Xmas from a purely miserable old git point of view. 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

My eldest has tested positive. Looks like it’ll be another fun Xmas 

My Grandkids in Norwich seem to be recovering pretty quickly. Hopefully your kids  will be the same mate

• Like 2

Lockdown imminent? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10323143/Covid-Covid-Little-sign-Omicron-fears-Brits-enjoy-night-Christmas.html

SAGE says UK needs a two-week lockdown and ban on household mixing 'very soon' to stop Omicron Covid hospitalisations peaking at 3,000 a day - sparking fears of pre-Christmas restrictions as PM attends weekend COBRA meeting

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well, I think the little uns might have it now, getting them tested this morning. It’s inevitable really given how contagious it is / their being unvaccinated. It’s been raging through their school but until now their years had somehow avoided it. The big uns symptoms are quite mild at present. I don’t even know what the actual guidelines are to be honest. My lass and I have no symptoms and have had -ve LFTs. She could, theoretically, return to work in 5 days as long as she’s negative, as she works for the NHS. I’m wfh anyway. It’s a shame for the kids, grandparents etc at Xmas more than anything else but that’s all relatively trivial so long as they’re ok. I actually said at the beginning of the week they could close the schools early given the infection rates and the fact they’d be doing very little. Prior to this I was angry anyway at the way the policy has basically been to just let kids catch it with virtually no mitigations in place. So long as I’m negative I’ll walk the dogs but I’ll avoid any contact beyond that. Positive to this is not having to visit anyone at Xmas from a purely miserable old git point of view. 

Look forward to the 2 kids = 2 separate 25 minute phone calls from test and trace!

Are you making any attempt at isolating from them or just accepting you’re both probably going to get it.

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Look forward to the 2 kids = 2 separate 25 minute phone calls from test and trace!

Are you making any attempt at isolating from them or just accepting you’re both probably going to get it.

The kids can go to the RVI this morning because people in your household can get an almost instant ( 15 mins-ish) result due to their Mam being a sister in the nhs. But really, how can you isolate from young kids in a house they can’t lesve? We’re both triple vaccinated so may not get it I suppose. She’s been exposed to it loads at work. She would have to return to work next week if her PCR test next week is negative. Ludicrous, isn’t it? We can’t see the family but she can enter a hospital and work with sick patients in theory

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

My eldest has tested positive. Looks like it’ll be another fun Xmas 

I feel your pain. Wife is 6 days into isolation and now our Daughter has a positive LFT. Looks like another 10 days in the house. If I end up getting it in a weeks time and have to do another 10 days on top of that I'll be to take away! Either way we are housebound on Christmas Day 

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I feel your pain. Wife is 6 days into isolation and now our Daughter has a positive LFT. Looks like another 10 days in the house. If I end up getting it in a weeks time and have to do another 10 days on top of that I'll be to take away! Either way we are housebound on Christmas Day 

How old is your daughter now? 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope he’s feeling ok. 

He seems to be managing to play on his XBox alright ;) Cher’s, though. Kids are usually ok it seems. The timing though :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

That escalated quickly 

I’ve got a load of toddler clothing from when my daughter was little, was going to give it to him- quality gear too …

… so  it’s not to be sniffed at. 

:whistling:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I should probably clarify that my original question was because I was thinking getting a toddler/ 3-4yr old to do a LFT must be a nightmare. 

Then Alex ruined it for everyone :lol:

Shes 5. Had to do daily LFTs to get to school last week. She was fine with them but would have been harder a year or two ago. She was just bribed with Nutella on toast for breakfast everyday 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve got a load of toddler clothing from when my daughter was little, was going to give it to him- quality gear too …

… so  it’s not to be sniffed at

:whistling:

Unless you are Gary Glitter 

To all TT infected households hope you can all have the best Christmas possible :good:

I was sneezing & shivering when I got in from work last night, thought the worst, did LFT (negative) ….woke up this morning fine, but was so pre occupied with dark Covid thoughts last night  I forgot I was supposed to go into work this morning for a couple of hours :lol: 

• Haha 5

I haven't been out for a few weeks with mates, then a few weeks before that so am dragging my arse out tonight because I reckon it'll be the last for a while the way it's going. I'll do a test in a day or so and hope to avoid the lurgy. Hope everyone isn't too affected by it.