Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just now, Gemmill said:

@Rentonwhat is the time the booster takes to work? Is a week enough for me to get the mistletoe hat out this weekend? 

It's not a binary cut off, you'll get some additional protection by 1 week and full protection after 2 to 3 weeks. But you've also had 2 prior jabs so you'll be fine.

It's more than 3 months since my booster now so my protection may be on the wane although nobody really knows at this point (also remember its T cell memory as well as antibodies). I'm not concerned for myself, just the hassle being positive would be. 

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Jeremy Vine on the radio here talking to a scientist about whether Omicron is milder, saying

JV: "well it would be great if the death rate from Omicron was 0.5% because then we could just go on with our lives right?" 

Scientist: "well if the death rate is 0.5% we would be screwed because that's absolutely massive."

JV: "well that's the same as the flu isn't it?"

Scientist: "Err no it's not, no."

:lol:

Is it any wonder people are fucking clueless about this stuff. 

So if 1,000,000 people catch Omicron which has a 0.5% death rate, which at current rate of growth would happen in less than 10 days….only 50,000 people would die. 

That’s a full SJP. No bother Jeremy mate.

• Like 3

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with test and trace. I’m his first taxi driver and I think I’ve ruined the rest of his day. :lol: 

Anyway, as I understood the rules, close contacts of mine don’t have to isolate but need to do a test every day to check. After the call he has sent a message to my wife saying she MUST isolate.

I would guess that means I have Omicron.

Edit: Just a generic text apparently in case your spouse is an anti vaxxer 

Edited by Christmas Tree

31 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with test and trace. I’m his first taxi driver and I think I’ve ruined the rest of his day. :lol: 

Anyway, as I understood the rules, close contacts of mine don’t have to isolate but need to do a test every day to check. After the call he has sent a message to my wife saying she MUST isolate.

I would guess that means I have Omicron.

Edit: Just a generic text apparently in case your spouse is an anti vaxxer 

Is your wife unvaccinated? My wife has covid snd I got a text saying I just needed to do an LFT daily for 7 days 

Christmas in France cancelled, with the new rules we would be isolating on xmas day and trying to arrange a test for release right around the time I'd be tucking into my fourth cognac.  What a pile of fucking merde man.