Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sorry that was a joke, obvs. It was just too easy to resist 

Thats ok I'm not his biological dad. But I've been his dad for nearly 30 years he's 35 now

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Jokes aside, I hope it’s a mild case and they recover quickly!

Cheers mate we all feel pretty helpless being so far away we're going to arrange some nice food to be sent around for them later today 

44 minutes ago, trooper said:

Cheers mate we all feel pretty helpless being so far away we're going to arrange some nice food to be sent around for them later today 

“ Delivery from Grandad Trooper, 1 Fillet Steak for Ms. Trooper, 3 super-duper burgers for the boys, 1 bucket of raw tripe for dickhead son. 

Sign here please…”

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Well after almost 2 years of working with COVID patients daily, the wife has finally shown a positive LFT today. I did unspeakable things to her last night so it will be a miracle if it doesn't pass to me!! 

Surely you having her knickers on like a mask will have kept you safe? :lol:

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Well after almost 2 years of working with COVID patients daily, the wife has finally shown a positive LFT today. I did unspeakable things to her last night so it will be a miracle if it doesn't pass to me!! 

You poured her a few glasses of gin?

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You made her laugh?

• Haha 3

Bastard Johnson to address the nation at 8pm regarding boosters. We've gone from 2 to 3,137 cases of Omicron in the UK in 14 days. We're due an update on the current restrictions in 6 days time 18th. The way things are going i reckon we'll be as near to a full Lockdown without actually calling it that. 

Edited by trooper

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It certainly feels like the last big spike. 3 or 4 premier league clubs with positive cases in the last week. Wouldn't be surprised to see games behind closed doors again soon 

How the fuck can you check the vaccination/testing  status of 52,000 fans anyway? Also with lateral flow tests, how do you know they have been taken correctly in the right person?

Johnson won't lockdown before Xmas., gambling this variant is more benign. But good chance we will have a proper lockdown in January imo. 

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

How the fuck can you check the vaccination/testing  status of 52,000 fans anyway? Also with lateral flow tests, how do you know they have been taken correctly in the right person?

Johnson won't lockdown before Xmas., gambling this variant is more benign. But good chance we will have a proper lockdown in January imo. 

Its a hell of a gamble give cases of Omicron are probably doubling every 36 hours now 

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's never been done properly anyway. I had to show proof of vaccination to get into Metro arena. Flashed a QR code and got waved through. I reckon every person in there could have flashed the same COVID pass and security would have been none the wiser 

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's never been done properly anyway. I had to show proof of vaccination to get into Metro arena. Flashed a QR code and got waved through. I reckon every person in there could have flashed the same COVID pass and security would have been none the wiser 

Aye, just screengrab any QR code, who's going to cross reference? Let's be generous and say it takes a minute to do this. That would lead to queues hours long at SJP. So either lock down properly or don't bother at all imo. 

• Like 1