Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

11 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

We're all fine man, no symptoms but it's fucking rife in the kids school so testing fairly regularly. Just a massive ballache, the other lateral flows were all negative but I'm not holding out much hope for a false positive, the lad attends the autism provision at the school and 3/4 of his class haven't been there this last week. 

Better hope it’s not omnicron or you’re all isolating for ten days whether you’re positive or not.

And hopefully you’re all safe too obviously.

Edited by ewerk

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Better hope it’s not omnicron or you’re all isolating for ten days whether you’re positive or not.

So long as everyone stays safe and healthy, 10 days isolation for us all would suit me fine tbh. I'm mostly just fucked off that my other half spaffed £80 on tickets for us to see the Darkness tommorow and my last-ditch get out clause is now pending PCR results.

15 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d be pissed off if my lass bought Darkness tickets too, mind. :lol:

Buying them at £40 a ticket in the midst of a pandemic is what gets me man. Wouldn't mind seeing them but it's not gonna fucking sell out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I mean, what's the point? We all know Omicron is seeded everywhere and will be dominant by Xmas. So presumably this will be the new rule with 100,000 positive  cases a day? I doubt it, the country will collapse.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mean, what's the point? We all know Omicron is seeded everywhere and will be dominant by Xmas. So presumably this will be the new rule with 100,000 positive  cases a day? I doubt it, the country will collapse.

Doubt we'll hit those numbers. The gameplan is clearly banking on the majority having mild or no symptoms and taking that to mean it's over and they don't need to get tested.  

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Doubt we'll hit those numbers. The gameplan is clearly banking on the majority having mild or no symptoms and taking that to mean it's over and they don't need to get tested.  

Yeah but if 1 person in a family does get symptoms and tests positive, or if your lateral flow is positive and you test positive on PCR, that means you all have to isolate under current rules. That isn't sustainable is it.

But yeah, there isn't the testing capacity for hundreds of thousands of positives a day. Most centres here blew away with Arwen anyway!

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

So what they’re saying is go the pub, go to restaurants and the work Christmas do (if it hasn’t been cancelled), but don’t go to work. Sounds alright 

:lol:

I imagine you've been walking around the house in shades, a beer can hard hat, with a sprig of mistletoe attached to your belt buckle, ever since this press conference finished

• Haha 3

Mail My Meds at the Balliol Business Park are doing walk-ins for boosters for over 40s, and there's hardly anyone there. 

So if your appointment isnt for a bit, just go there. They'll check the 3 month thing like, so don't go if you don't qualify on that front, but otherwise get walking in. 

12 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

This is phase 17 of the herd immunity strategy.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

1.5 hours since mine. No ill effects yet.

i was fine for the first 24 hours then felt a bit ropey the following day but nowhere near as rough as after the AZ jab

Just now, trooper said:

Nice one me & Mrs T booked in for the booster at Killingworth on the 19th 

You can walk in at the place I went today assuming it's 3 months since your last one. Get yourself protected for Santa coming.