Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am all over this shit, am very much a pro vaxxer... interesting choice though...

Screenshot_20210824-092109_Messages.jpg

Do you mean the choice to have the covid or flu vaccine in your wanking arm? I have the same dilemma. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Renton said:

Do you mean the choice to have the covid or flu vaccine in your wanking arm? I have the same dilemma. 

I usually sit on either hand for 10 mins before till it goes numb so it feels like someone else is doing it anyway :good:

Edited by PaddockLad

Numbers are creeping up again...

"The UK has recorded 35,847 new COVID cases and 149 more coronavirus-related deaths in the latest 24-hour period, government data shows"

This time exactly 12 months ago there were 972 new cases & 6 deaths. With 2 weeks to go until schools are back after the summer holidays. These figures are quite worrying. 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Numbers are creeping up again...

"The UK has recorded 35,847 new COVID cases and 149 more coronavirus-related deaths in the latest 24-hour period, government data shows"

This time exactly 12 months ago there were 972 new cases & 6 deaths. With 2 weeks to go until schools are back after the summer holidays. These figures are quite worrying. 

They genuinely are actually, along with the news immunity - whether vaccine or infection mediated - seems to rapidly wear off. We're heading for a fourth fucking wave of this cunting virus. We desperately need effective therapeutics for the early stages of the disease for a belts and braces approach imo. 

3 hours ago, Renton said:

They genuinely are actually, along with the news immunity - whether vaccine or infection mediated - seems to rapidly wear off. We're heading for a fourth fucking wave of this cunting virus. We desperately need effective therapeutics for the early stages of the disease for a belts and braces approach imo. 

I've just booked a couple of days in Arran for the end of September if you want to plan for when the next lockdown will be imposed. :good: 

• Haha 4

as long as we keep trundling along with hospital admissions that don't overwhelm the NHS then this is it for the forseeable future, lads. the daily death toll might not be pretty but this is where we're at. this virus will pretty much define our lives for the next couple of years - and all of johnson's time as PM - but it isn't going away any time soon. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

are we not in a significant wave now? 

Definitely, new infections are 30+ times higher than they were 12 months ago. Thats before the unvaccinated kids return back to school in about 10 days. I'm expecting a Lockdown for the October half term. 

40 minutes ago, trooper said:

Definitely, new infections are 30+ times higher than they were 12 months ago. Thats before the unvaccinated kids return back to school in about 10 days. I'm expecting a Lockdown for the October half term. 

there would need to be an almighty spike in hospital admissions for that to happen, which seems unlikely given the level of immunity in the population. there isn’t much appetite for more lockdown - the only way it happens is if the hospitals are close to being overwhelmed again. with booster jabs on the way, that shouldn't happen. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

there would need to be an almighty spike in hospital admissions for that to happen, which seems unlikely given the level of immunity in the population. there is much appetite for more lockdown, the only way it happens is it the hospitals are lose to being overwhelmed again. with booster jabs on the way, that shouldn't happen. 

Your right it shouldn't happen, but given Boris's track record over this we should expect the unexpected 

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

there would need to be an almighty spike in hospital admissions for that to happen, which seems unlikely given the level of immunity in the population. there is much appetite for more lockdown, the only way it happens is it the hospitals are lose to being overwhelmed again. with booster jabs on the way, that shouldn't happen. 

I tend to agree but the NHS isn't working as it should and its going to get worse. Not helped by serious supply issues caused by Brexit, such as running out of blood sample tubes so now only vital diagnostics are permitted. I can't see any improvement any time soon. 

20 minutes ago, trooper said:

Your right it shouldn't happen, but given Boris's track record over this we should expect the unexpected 

what more can be done at this stage? we are close to being fully vaccinated with boosters on the way. i think this is it now. covid is here, it isn't going anywhere. the chances are we're probably all going to get it at some point but it will be a mild illness for the majority of those unlucky enough to catch it, thanks to the vaccine. 

in the meantime we can continue to try to mitigate risk, wear masks in indoor public places etc. those who feel most at risk might choose to stay at home more than others. those who have weighed it up and feel it's a risk worth taking will continue to try to get back to something like normal life.