Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

So that's my booking for Centre Parcs this weekend fucked again, I've already had to cancel three times. So fucking sick of this, all because the cunt Johnson was desperate for a post-Brexit trade deal with India. First-world middle class problems maybe, but after the fucking sickening year I've had I really needed a break. This also sets a precedent. Looks like even UK holidays won't be on the cards this year. 

Fuck that, I'm driving to Leeds on Saturday, I've got friends round Saturday night, and I'm out for dinner on Sunday. I'm not getting vaccinated and continuing to jump through these hoops.

Go to Center Parcs, man, it'll be fine. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's not the law. It's guidance that you should 'try to do'. Basically a continuation of the government saying 'don't do this but you can if you like'.

One of my last cancellations it wasn't the law either. They cancelled us on the basis of our address postcode. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Missed this, and cannot be arsed to google and/or ask my folks because neither would give a comprehendible answer. Would this impact Seaton Sluice? My twice-jabbed parents are supposed to come visit this weekend.

Seaton Sluice is Northumberland so not affected. 

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Is Centre Parcs middle class? Always thought it was bampy

It's not Butlins like. The costs can be eye watering if you go during peak school holidays. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Missed this, and cannot be arsed to google and/or ask my folks because neither would give a comprehendible answer. Would this impact Seaton Sluice? My twice-jabbed parents are supposed to come visit this weekend.

Where they coming from ?, Sluice is Northumberland so if they are NT they technically shouldn't visit.

But it's all about personal decision, if they've been pubbing and clubbing since pubs etc. re-opened I'd give them a swerve, given they're twice jabbed and they've likely done little other than go to the shops I'd say it's OK.

56 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Where they coming from ?, Sluice is Northumberland so if they are NT they technically shouldn't visit.

But it's all about personal decision, if they've been pubbing and clubbing since pubs etc. re-opened I'd give them a swerve, given they're twice jabbed and they've likely done little other than go to the shops I'd say it's OK.

Aye, they've been pretty careful and have been jabbed twice. Honestly haven't the heart to do anything but encourage them to come. They've only met their grandson twice and he's turning 2 next month. 

We'd go visit them, but we'd run the risk of seeing my sisters...

One of my sons & his girlfriend live together in Cramlington but both work in North Tyneside how will this affect them traveling to work ? Son works at Royal Mail, his girlfriend is a Dr's receptionist.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

One of my sons & his girlfriend live together in Cramlington but both work in North Tyneside how will this affect them traveling to work ? Son works at Royal Mail, his girlfriend is a Dr's receptionist.

They’re allowed to travel in and out for work. 

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

Live together, but they're not married?

That's scandalous.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye, they've been pretty careful and have been jabbed twice. Honestly haven't the heart to do anything but encourage them to come. They've only met their grandson twice and he's turning 2 next month. 

We'd go visit them, but we'd run the risk of seeing my sisters...

Let them come and meet Thor Ragnarok Watson. 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

They’re allowed to travel in and out for work. 

Expecting something like this form Boris at his next Covid news conference. If your in the area don't go out. But if your out the area don't go in. But if you work in the area you can go in  or out. So just to recap. If you work in the area you can go "in out in out spread it all about"

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let them come and meet Thor Ragnarok Watson. 

Peter Anthony Steve Clint Thor Bruce Bruce Watson, please.

8 minutes ago, trooper said:

Expecting something like this form Boris at his next Covid news conference. If your in the area don't go out. But if your out the area don't go in. But if you work in the area you can go in  or out. So just to recap. If you work in the area you can go "in out in out spread it all about"

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck that, I'm driving to Leeds on Saturday, I've got friends round Saturday night, and I'm out for dinner on Sunday. I'm not getting vaccinated and continuing to jump through these hoops.

Go to Center Parcs, man, it'll be fine. 

this is exactly how i feel. it's time to start living again. the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated, the young aren't at risk. as long as the vaccine protects against the existing variants we have to try to get back to some kind of normality. obviously the threat of future lockdowns won't go away overnight but we can't cower indoors forever. 

Just got back from a weekend in Norwich seeing  some of our family down there there. Had a nice meal at the Acle Bridge Inn its right beside the Norfolk Broads  on Sunday afternoon. It felt good getting back to some kind of normality 

image.png.85538745e8dc8533a84bfbed41a61f22.png

• Like 3

Tried to do as much as we could. Family meals, took grandkids to Hemsby to the arcades. Did a bit of shopping etc. You only go on 3 roads for the journey but its a canny travel it took 5hours 20 minutes with one stop to get home yesterday. I'm feeling a bit tired today but it was worth it. I'm so proud of Mrs T she drove excellent 

6 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Is Centre Parcs middle class? Always thought it was bampy

Expensive but shite would be my take. 

6 hours ago, Renton said:

So that's my booking for Centre Parcs this weekend fucked again, I've already had to cancel three times. So fucking sick of this, all because the cunt Johnson was desperate for a post-Brexit trade deal with India. First-world middle class problems maybe, but after the fucking sickening year I've had I really needed a break. This also sets a precedent. Looks like even UK holidays won't be on the cards this year. 

Just fucking go, man. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Expensive but shite would be my take. 

It's just Feathers for Volvo drivers.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Just fucking go, man. 

I will if I can. Last time though Centre Parcs unilaterally cancelled me on the basis of my postcode! Or maybe it was due to the 2018 incident, not entirely sure. 

Centre Parcs is hugely overpriced no doubt but it is great for kids. I go once a year, usually in January when it's okay for cost and you benefit from the indoor facilities. 

Well obviously if they cancel it, that’s different. :razz: It’s a joke though. You could go to the pub and sit indoors with a load of strangers though if it does fall through. Not that I want to see pubs close again but what’s the point of restrictions that allow all hospitality to open in these areas?