Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're in this horrendous situation precisely because 9f the politics of it. People like you put people like Johnson in charge for the last 10 years. Remember when Gove said we'd had enough of experts, and you clapped like a seal? Well look the fuck where that has got us, and yet still we are refusing to show solidarity with nations who have coped with this much better and just compounding our problems by going for a no deal Brexit.

It's fucking insane. Sometimes I wonder what it would take to permeate your skull, and I honestly think nothing can. When the country is in a disaster largely of the PMs making, suddenly you're not interested in politics. :lol:

:lol:  Sorry, thought it was possible to address the moral dilemma facing the world without Brexit or politics. It’s a lot bigger than that really.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:  Sorry, thought it was possible to address the moral dilemma facing the world without Brexit or politics. It’s a lot bigger than that really.

It's not though. The point is we have the PM we have, and the government we have. What you or I think is irrelevant, but you put your faith in these people, not me. I'm not talking about past mistakes here, as grave as they are. Johnson has shown that he's incompetent by every policy decision he's made. Why would that change now? I mean look at the new fucking logo. Wht would you pursue a hard Brexit when you know it will just damage the country further? Etc. We're fucked with this government in charge. The importance of good governance has never been clearer, populism is unfolding as a disaster in front of our eyes, and we're powerless to stop it. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

This shouldn’t be political, it should be scientific. The science says that the reproduction rate is still too high to ease lockdown yet there were government sources briefing the papers last week that lockdown was going to effectively end tomorrow.

Unfortunately the people in charge of this are the politicians that the country elected and they’ve been just as inept as many of us feared.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You’re stupid, naive and ignorant 

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

"It's not political" is a very convenient narrative for the government to push to try and deflect any blame. You'd have to be fucking thick to lap that up but here we are.

Nailed. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

It's not though. The point is we have the PM we have, and the government we have. What you or I think is irrelevant, but you put your faith in these people, not me. I'm not talking about past mistakes here, as grave as they are. Johnson has shown that he's incompetent by every policy decision he's made. Why would that change now? I mean look at the new fucking logo. Wht would you pursue a hard Brexit when you know it will just damage the country further? Etc. We're fucked with this government in charge. The importance of good governance has never been clearer, populism is unfolding as a disaster in front of our eyes, and we're powerless to stop it. 

You can debate all that til the cows come home but that has nothing to do with my moral question on corona virus.

Permanent lockdown is unsustainable. How long are “us” prepared to never visit parents, never see grandkids, never go to a match, restaurant, concert, stop kids going to school, playing with friends, meeting a mate, falling in love?

You know fine well there is no guarantee a vaccine will be found.

All im alluding too is that the way out of this is probably fundamental changes in the way we shield the over 75’s and those at serious risk rather than a continuous game of cat and mouse with the r factor.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You can debate all that til the cows come home but that has nothing to do with my moral question on corona virus.

Permanent lockdown is unsustainable. How long are “us” prepared to never visit parents, never see grandkids, never go to a match, restaurant, concert, stop kids going to school, playing with friends, meeting a mate, falling in love?

It's been 6 weeks :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This shouldn’t be political, it should be scientific. The science says that the reproduction rate is still too high to ease lockdown yet there were government sources briefing the papers last week that lockdown was going to effectively end tomorrow.

Unfortunately the people in charge of this are the politicians that the country elected and they’ve been just as inept as many of us feared.

There is obviously a political reality that at some point we are all fucked if we don’t end lockdown.

Thats how we concentrate on how we do it and partly why I’ve said what I’ve said today.

If “people” remove a vaccine from their thought process then it’s easier to address what we probably should really be concentrating on now. 

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

There is obviously a political reality that at some point we are all fucked if we don’t end lockdown.

Thats how we concentrate on how we do it and partly why I’ve said what I’ve said today.

If “people” remove a vaccine from their thought process then it’s easier to address what we probably should really be concentrating on now. 

Here, man. This literally boils down to you being bored because it’s not sunny, you fat little cunt 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You know fine well there is no guarantee a vaccine will be found.

All im alluding too is that the way out of this is probably fundamental changes in the way we shield the over 75’s and those at serious risk rather than a continuous game of cat and mouse with the r factor.

Well we're fucked aren't we? We missed the chance to get the prevalence down to a level where we could contain or even eradicate this. This despite having several weeks advance knowledge over Italy and being an island. So now we can either have this half hearted lock down permanently until a technological solution is found, or just let it run riot and kill hundreds of thousands. Not all of whom will be old or sick. 

Every decision we have made has been wrong or too late. I fully expect this to continue and for this country to be a basket case come next election. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What happened to being guided by the science? 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

On reflection, my question is this.

WHO announce no vaccine possible. What next?

Why would we need to contemplate that?

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

What happened to being guided by the science? 

I think they are largely still being guided by the science but it’s their communications, implementation and messaging that have been fucking awful.

Funny how the fuckers who voted for these jokers don’t want to politicise this. Own your shit for once because, until you do, the country is knackered 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

On reflection, my question is this.

WHO announce no vaccine possible. What next?

Well why deal in unlikely hyptheticals? You see once again, if we had handled this properly we could have bought ourselves time with only limited disruption to the economy. Like the most of Northern Europe. Countries with decent governance and who listen to so called experts.

Anyway, your solution will be whatever Johnson comes up with. 

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

To focus minds on what we should do now.

Nationalise care homes, build nightingale care homes, transfer all care staff to NHS status. Etc

Ha ha ha. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

What benefit would a national unity government give us? Other than allowing the Tories to share the blame?

Because the new normal is going to need everyone, politicians, business, unions working together to create it. IMO