the press, both the sycophants and those that touch on the truth...

thebrokendoll

We already knew there's a bit of friction between management, and they'll work it out.

So the only real takeway from this is a reminder of what an utter cretin Craig Hope is :cuppa:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Perfect summary if you'd bother your lazy arses to watch it. But no. I have to do EVERYTHING. 

AND 50% faster than every other fucker! 

2 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

We already knew there's a bit of friction between management, and they'll work it out.

So the only real takeway from this is a reminder of what an utter cretin Craig Hope is :cuppa:

Hardly just a bit of friction :lol: 

And I know some despise Craig Hope (fairly recently), but every journo who covers Newcastle is posting the same story.

Amanda pushed out, Eales struggling to fill her shoes and Eddie and Mitchell spatting through the press. 

Hope is quite right to say we’ve this play out before and it doesn’t end well.

But shooting the messenger? Nah, not for me.

Thing is, anyone who's worked at a big corporate, especially a successful or ambitious one, knows you have to get along and make do with people you don't like or agree with. Pretty basic stuff isn't it? If Howe and Mitchell are grown up professionals then they find a way to work together and it seems to me that was what Howe was indicating, but all the shite stirrers want to paint this picture of a looming disaster at the first sign of irritation. 

This kind of stuff is expected in organisations changing and growing at the speed Nufc are. I'm not saying the likes of Hope and Edwards are making it all up, rather it's the evident delight and revel in their writing that's a bit pathetic. As if they lost and miss the crumbs of destruction of the perpetually self destructing club we used to be. I don't pay them much mind, but when their work does get the clicks its designed for and occassionally ends up in front of you throwing a little CUNT or TWAT at it is certainly not amiss.  

If Howe does end up leaving I'll certainly wet my pants a bit but then it'll only show he's not ready to put on the big boy pants someone in charge of this team now has to. At the moment I think and hope he's got the guile to ride this out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Hardly just a bit of friction :lol: 

And I know some despise Craig Hope (fairly recently), but every journo who covers Newcastle is posting the same story.

Amanda pushed out, Eales struggling to fill her shoes and Eddie and Mitchell spatting through the press. 

Hope is quite right to say we’ve this play out before and it doesn’t end well.

But shooting the messenger? Nah, not for me.

Two things about Hope that make him unpopular and not particularly relevant are, he looks did a negative angle in practically everything, all the time and he doesn’t seem to have the inside track. I wouldn’t say I hate him, I just don’t think he’s got much to say worth listening to. Even if he’s right about this, it’s not really anything different to what you’ve gleaned from looking at the situation along with a few others in here. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

Two things about Hope that make him unpopular and not particularly relevant are, he looks did a negative angle in practically everything, all the time and he doesn’t seem to have the inside track. I wouldn’t say I hate him, I just don’t think he’s got much to say worth listening to. Even if he’s right about this, it’s not really anything different to what you’ve gleaned from looking at the situation along with a few others in here. 

At the end of the day he is just a reporter paid to get the best stories he can about Newcastle for the average Joe to read. We on here are probably a little bit more well informed about all things Newcastle than someone getting their info from the papers.

I must say though that I never find him particularly negative. That said I only base that on his video stuff, not his written stuff.

Personally I find him much more interesting and intelligent than the majority of reporters who sit in the pressers. At least his questions are usually meaningful rather than some of the drab shit that gets asked.

I do think though that as with politics, there’s a growing trend that anyone that reports bad news is bad.

I think he just pretty much tells it how it is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

At the end of the day he is just a reporter paid to get the best stories he can about Newcastle for the average Joe to read. We on here are probably a little bit more well informed about all things Newcastle than someone getting their info from the papers.

I must say though that I never find him particularly negative. That said I only base that on his video stuff, not his written stuff.

Personally I find him much more interesting and intelligent than the majority of reporters who sit in the pressers. At least his questions are usually meaningful rather than some of the drab shit that gets asked.

I do think though that as with politics, there’s a growing trend that anyone that reports bad news is bad.

Is this when CT finally....

Nah, forget it 🙂 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So the Alex Jones of sports journalism. That explains everything.

• Like 1

Yeah, he tells it like CT thinks it is. Which is fine and he may have interpreted things correctly but I just regard it as another opinion because I’ve seen zero evidence he has any access to reliable internal sources. Mind, I couldn’t sit through a press conference, they’re dull as fuck. 

14 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

First part, there usually is, nothing to see here, professionals will disagree at times but will act professionally throughout, all perfectly normal. It has been WAY overblown by the press (see your second point).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fuck me !!!! Although I suppose, compared to you he's a beacon of positivity.

This morning Craig has basically written a review of his 2 pieces from yesterday :lol: I won’t link it but it says Eddie shouldn’t be having to answer questions about what a senior colleague has said. He’s undoubtedly right about that but it’s all driving traffic to the Mail website. Which I think is the point of three articles in 24hrs about someone’s nose being put out of joint :cuppa:

• Like 3

there needs to be more wanton violence towards the likes of hope, edwards and taylor, that would teach them I reckon.

who can ever forget bruce's death stare to lee ryder? or laurent robert grappling with alan oliver and spilling his tea because he gave him a 3?

the chronicle never steps put of line these days.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

there needs to be more wanton violence towards the likes of hope, edwards and taylor, that would teach them I reckon.

who can ever forget bruce's death stare to lee ryder? or laurent robert grappling with alan oliver and spilling his tea because he gave him a 3?

the chronicle never steps put of line these days.

It does, but you just can't see where, because of ALL THE FUCKING POP-UP ADS

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This morning Craig has basically written a review of his 2 pieces from yesterday :lol: I won’t link it but it says Eddie shouldn’t be having to answer questions about what a senior colleague has said. He’s undoubtedly right about that but it’s all driving traffic to the Mail website. Which I think is the point of three articles in 24hrs about someone’s nose being put out of joint :cuppa:

Eddie shouldn’t have to answer for what Mitchell said, says Craig Hope who asked him about what Mitchell said :lol:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5