the press, both the sycophants and those that touch on the truth...

thebrokendoll

wheezkeezleweeze getting in on the act...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/sep/12/newcastle-solid-start-cant-mask-eddie-howe-uneasy-truce-with-hierarchy

seems on the whole a rehash and late entry to the hope/edwards party.

desperate for us smash the fuck out of the wolfie doodles this weekend and wor eddie refuse to enter any post match questions to any of these three.

• Like 1

Aye I saw that too. She's basically arrived at the same conclusion as Hope, but a week after he did. She's got a fucking percolator for a brain. 

Hope has written something today as well with the teaser "Bruno cause for concern after mare comment". Basically Tim Vickery (!) said on Talksport that Bruno is "having a mare" with Brazil atm and coming in for a lot of criticism for fans. Ooooo, sound the CAUSE FOR CONCERN klaxon. 

I couldn't give a fuck, Craig. I would imagine that will only make him happier to come back to a club where he's fucking idolised. 

And you know EXACTLY what you're doing with a teaser like that on a paywalled article. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

How has "hit back" at Mitchell, according to Hope. This is around his "transfer strategy not fit for purpose" comment. 

Apparently Howe has said "we can hold our heads up very high. I took ownership of all those signings. They have been brilliant."

I'll be interested to see the tone and context of these comments. 

All Mitchell ever said was that it could be argued that we'd overpaid slightly (which in some respects he's correct and Howe would probably agree) and now the NE sports press are trying to set up a fucking white collar boxing match. Hope will be getting on the blower to his old mate Wraith get the ball rolling since that's (one of) his grift(s).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Asked again about whether he's happy in his role he says "yes I'm happy, feeling good".

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

All Mitchell ever said was that it could be argued that we'd overpaid slightly (which in some respects he's correct and Howe would probably agree) and now the NE sports press are trying to set up a fucking white collar boxing match. Hope will be getting on the blower to his old mate Wraith get the ball rolling since that's (one of) his grift(s).

Aye, my take was he was saying that it was unsustainable in that we can't just keep spending on relatively established players. We have to identify them sooner, or you get in PSR bother. Halfway through the press conference and nothing negative so far. 

• Like 1

20:04 if you want to skip to the exchange with Hope. 

Tbf, the bit that didn't sound great was when Hope said that Mitchell claimed he only had a support role in the window, and was that the case. 

Howe says he doesn't think it's right for him to make individual comments in reply to Mitchell's press conference as that "isn't going to help our current situation". 

It could just be Howe trying to shut down Hope's line of questioning, or it could be that he was gonna be forced to disagree with Mitchell if he replied. 

Hope is on this one though. None of the other questions from other journalists have been looking for needle. 

Actually someone else then asks him if he agrees with Mitchell that the scouting setup wasn't fit for purpose. 

Then he says, it seems like you are unhappy with some of the things that were said last week and don't want to respond publicly. Howe said "I think you're slightly putting words into my mouth".

Then the same lad asks if there's a civil war at the club. Absolutely not in my experience, says Howe. I don't involve myself in politics, my job is training and getting the best out of the players. 

• Like 3

Fucking Taylor then asks "where in the bromance barometer is your relationship with Paul Mitchell."

Howe sniggers and shakes his head. :lol:

Basically watch the last 10 minutes cos that's where all the "drama" or attempts to generate drama are.

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I saw that too. She's basically arrived at the same conclusion as Hope, but a week after he did. She's got a fucking percolator for a brain. 

Hope has written something today as well with the teaser "Bruno cause for concern after mare comment". Basically Tim Vickery (!) said on Talksport that Bruno is "having a mare" with Brazil atm and coming in for a lot of criticism for fans. Ooooo, sound the CAUSE FOR CONCERN klaxon. 

I couldn't give a fuck, Craig. I would imagine that will only make him happier to come back to a club where he's fucking idolised. 

And you know EXACTLY what you're doing with a teaser like that on a paywalled article. 

I saw some comments from Brazilians who are bitching like foreign cartel 6 fans about having Newcastle, West Ham and Wolves players in their team, basically blaming everything on that. They can FUCK RIGHT OFF if I ever bump into one of the cunts.....

brazil germany football GIF

Germany Cry GIF by nss sports

Fucking swivel....

woman middle finger GIF by Cheezburger

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Was it Bird with the "putting words in your mouth" question? I had it on 1.5x speed cos I'm the ultimate life hacker, so I wasn't picking up all the journalist names. 

Yeah it was. 

Taylor really is a shit-stirrer - why haven't you spoken to him - 'cos the transfer window closed - oh. 

Oof! Just watched the presser and there’s definitely upset between Howe and Mitchell. Howe looks fucking seething when talking about Mitchell.

Hopefully they manage to both get over this and move on otherwise there’s going to be trouble at mill.

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking Taylor then asks "where in the bromance barometer is your relationship with Paul Mitchell."

Howe sniggers and shakes his head. :lol:

Basically watch the last 10 minutes cos that's where all the "drama" or attempts to generate drama are.

you'd think after the way howe looked at her with utter contempt following the tonali gambling question last week, that she'd make a concerted effort to up her game this time. but no.

the stupid mackem bint.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Oof! Just watched the presser and there’s definitely upset between Howe and Mitchell. Howe looks fucking seething when talking about Mitchell.

Hopefully they manage to both get over this and move on otherwise there’s going to be trouble at mill.

I've cracked the code.

Season 2 Show GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ehrmagerd! Mitchell said he thought the transfer policy wasn't fit for purpose and then Eddie turned around and said I stand by the signings and then Simon Bird said do you not want to slag Mitchell off publicly and like Eddie like totally stared at Simon and said OMG Simon you are like totally putting words in my mouth and then Louise Taylor - total bitch btw - she goes hey Eddie I reckon your bromance wiv Mitchell is like totally on the skids and Eddie was like FUMIN' you could totally see it in his face and he said look here Louise you slag I'm so sick of you and your stupid questions and anyway Jason is the only one for me so you need to just shut your fat face and then it ended with Eddie like totally storming off the stage and OMG he looks so annoyed I wouldn't be surprised if him and Mitchell are gonna have a proper fight and stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ehrmagerd! Mitchell said he thought the transfer policy wasn't fit for purpose and then Eddie turned around and said I stand by the signings and then Simon Bird said do you not want to slag Mitchell off publicly and like Eddie like totally stared at Simon and said OMG Simon you are like totally putting words in my mouth and then Louise Taylor - total bitch btw - she goes hey Eddie I reckon your bromance wiv Mitchell is like totally on the skids and Eddie was like FUMIN' you could totally see it in his face and he said look here Louise you slag I'm so sick of you and your stupid questions and anyway Jason is the only one for me so you need to just shut your fat face and then it ended with Eddie like totally storming off the stage and OMG he looks so annoyed I wouldn't be surprised if him and Mitchell are gonna have a proper fight and stuff. 

u ok hun? 

• Haha 7