Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If we get Barnes I would offload ASM. If not then def keep him. 

He's still got some value in him that we can reuse. But he's become accident prone. I've never seen a player wear so mamay bandages! 

He's a mummy's boy.

:rimshot:

• Haha 7

If someone were to offer £40m for ASM we should take it. He's an exciting game changer for a team, but he's just too injury prone. When we didn't have an actual tactician in the managers office ASM was clearly our biggest threat to other teams. Now he's still a threat, but our overall game doesn't need to rely on him as much. At this stage of our evolution we play a more complete game without him, we need to be shrewd in the transfer window and selling him frees up a bit in wages and a sizeable chunk in transfer fee. He must be on about £70k pw, that plus a £35m fee would make it easier to bring in Barnes who can not only replace ASM's creativity, but also provides better tactical awareness/defensive cover.

When we're trophy gobbling behemoth, we can sign someone like ASM, for the lols.

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

43 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We would be mental to turn down £40m for him.  IMO the Max we will get for him is £30m.

Nah, £30m isn't very much. 

£70k pw, until 2026. He's 26yr old and a really creative player when fit. Would be a real difference maker for a team like Crystal Palace. Any midtable team who puts an emphasis on defence and are in need of an attacking outlet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Barnes who can not only replace ASM's creativity

Funny GIF

VReuxq9.png

pIiSnUC.png

5KjUbsJ.png

wdcCvmS.png

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

provides better tactical awareness/defensive cover.

mean girls smirk GIF

OsCFb0Y.png

Scores goals for a relegation team where others will come out and attack instead of sitting back, wont get that at Newcastle.

Cant create.

Cant take a man on.

Error prone in defence. 

Need to stay well in clear and never mention this guy in the same sentence as ASM.

MrIA8zX.png

Tv Show Lol GIF

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Funny GIF

VReuxq9.png

pIiSnUC.png

5KjUbsJ.png

wdcCvmS.png

mean girls smirk GIF

OsCFb0Y.png

Scores goals for a relegation team where others will come out and attack instead of sitting back, wont get that at Newcastle.

Cant create.

Cant take a man on.

Error prone in defence. 

Need to stay well in clear and never mention this guy in the same sentence as ASM.

MrIA8zX.png

Tv Show Lol GIF

Educate yourself, before you humiliate yourself.

🤔 Rumour review | NUFC Transfer Links | Wingers & Forwards - June 2023 (substack.com)

Specifically the line breaking passes and finishing. And Barnes will improve with better players around him, ASM needs to be the focus of a team and that will never happen at Newcastle.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Educate yourself, before you humiliate yourself.

🤔 Rumour review | NUFC Transfer Links | Wingers & Forwards - June 2023 (substack.com)

Specifically the line breaking passes and finishing. And Barnes will improve with better players around him, ASM needs to be the focus of a team and that will never happen at Newcastle.

Line breaking passes? 

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

How many resulted in anything? That fat neek you linked maths aint mathing.

MrIA8zX.png

pIiSnUC.png

The numbers are clear as day and your inability to address my rebuttals (creativity and his "defending") can only mean you accepted defeat.

I've got a plane to catch, see you boys next week.

Valentines Day Love GIF by Digital Pratik

ASM averages about 9 turnovers per 90 excluding misplaced passes, Barnes under 6 per 90 over the last 3 seasons. The defensive stats for Barnes are poor but they’re still better than ASM and it’s a season his team were relegated, his defensive stats for the prior season are a lot better and show how he contributes to the press especially his attacking 3rd number (the key one for how we play). 

Key passes and shot creating actions aren’t the best stats. A key pass is simply a pass that leads to a shot (so not a line breaking pass), so that could be a sideways pass on the halfway line that ends with a 30 yard shot into row Z, and again it’s stats from a relegated team. Shot creating actions will always heavily favor ASM, it counts every action in the lead up to a shot - so a take on then a pass to a player who then shoots means 2, whereas Barnes using a 1-2 pass to beat his man then passing to a shot taker creates 1 SCA. 

ASM defensive stats from last season:

IMG_4686.jpeg

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

irony GIF

• Haha 4
  • Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

ASM averages about 9 turnovers per 90 excluding misplaced passes, Barnes under 6 per 90 over the last 3 seasons. The defensive stats for Barnes are poor but they’re still better than ASM and it’s a season his team were relegated, his defensive stats for the prior season are a lot better and who how he contributes to the press especially his attacking 3rd number (the key one for how we play). 

Key passes and shot creating actions aren’t the best stats. A key pass is simply a pass that leads to a shot (so not a line breaking pass), so that could be a sideways pass on the halfway line that ends with a 30 yard shot into row Z, and again it’s stats from a relegated team. Shot creating actions will always heavily favor ASM, it counts every action in the lead up to a shot - so a take on then a pass to a player who then shoots means 2, whereas Barnes using a 1-2 pass to beat his man then passing to a shot taker creates 1 SCA. 

ASM defensive stats from last season:

IMG_4686.jpeg

But key passes, shot creating actions and funny stepovers are so much more important than actual goal contributions dont you understand that?

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

I'm genuinely not fussed if Maxi leaves mind. If his football game was half as good as his motivational quotes on social media game, he'd be playing for Real Madrid. As it is, there's not a sniff from any premier league clubs for him.

He looks great in YouTube clips, but does fuck all for big chunks of games, goes missing when the tackles start flying and spends half his time on the treatment table. Get shot. And take Almiron with him.

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm genuinely not fussed if Maxi leaves mind. If his football game was half as good as his motivational quotes on social media game, he'd be playing for Real Madrid. As it is, there's not a sniff from any premier league clubs for him.

He looks great in YouTube clips, but does fuck all for big chunks of games, goes missing when the tackles start flying and spends half his time on the treatment table. Get shot. And take Almiron with him.

Happy Gilmore Win GIF

• Jaysus... 1

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Speaking of:

£40m would be huge for FFP purposes, especially given ASM would have amortized most of his original fee by this point. I was worried the recent UEFA rulings against Villa and Brightons use of sister clubs would be an issue but since Saudi Arabia isn’t in UEFA we should be clear to do this. 

• Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Speaking of:

£40m would be huge for FFP purposes, especially given ASM would have amortized most of his original fee by this point. I was worried the recent UEFA rulings against Villa and Brightons use of sister clubs would be an issue but since Saudi Arabia isn’t in UEFA we should be clear to do this. 

Video Games GIF by Far Cry 6

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

42 minutes ago, Howay said:

Speaking of:

And of course we aren’t owned by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

• Haha 7

LMAO

Fishy and I were discussing his statement "Barnes is more creative than Maxi".

Which I completely and utterly destroyed.

Then you guys come in frothing at the mouh, discussing things that had nothing to do with the topic, zero comprehension skills.

Numpties lol

5 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

LMAO

Fishy and I were discussing his statement "Barnes is more creative than Maxi".

Which I completely and utterly destroyed.

Then you guys come in frothing at the mouh, discussing things that had nothing to do with the topic, zero comprehension skills.

Numpties lol

Did you miss your plane?

• Haha 3