Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

That's when he actually instinctively looks for a pass as well, when he's far enough from goal for his lizard brain not to tell him to work for a shot. He set us off on a counter attack that we scored from the other week in this way.

:nono:

images-1.jpg

2 hours ago, OTF said:

I feel like Howe will be the sort of manager who will be able to improve him

I wonder if Howe is at the point where he's considering whether he can be improved, or whether it's better to jettison him and bring someone else in who is more suited to the style he wants. 

You raise the most salient point with regards to him not being at one of the top few clubs in the world. He's far from the finished article but many seem to be blind to this fact. I had one individual on a particular social media claiming it wasn't ASM's fault he loses the ball, it's the 4-5 players who are failing to support him. 

He annoys me as much as anyone but he is undeniably very talented, he's been playing for a shit manager with average players and he's coming back from injury.

Madness to talk of getting rid of him, let's see how he does with a preseason with a good manager, with some better players around him, with nobody in the team a garuanteed starter

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He annoys me as much as anyone but he is undeniably very talented, he's been playing for a shit manager with average players and he's coming back from injury.

Madness to talk of getting rid of him, let's see how he does with a preseason with a good manager, with some better players around him, with nobody in the team a garuanteed starter

Has he been carrying this injury pre Howe?

I’m fine if people want to say he’s carrying an injury and that’s hampering his performances.

It doesn’t really change my biggest complaint with him, and one he gets immense defence from the twitter crew, which is his tendency to just fucking burn off every time he gets the ball. Mostly a problem on counter attacks, of course I’m more than happy for him to run at the defence and if he sees a channel to exploit then attack it but he does this often in a head down fashion where even when he gets himself surrounded he just stubbornly tries to force it even when it’s just not going to happen, this ends up being a turnover with us on the defence again. The common theme I see is pictures of him alone with 4 blokes on him and comments of “if our team would give him support” there’s times that might be the case but by and large it’s bollocks and finding excuses imo. He’s logically the furthest forward in a lot of our counter attacking set ups, so when he gets the ball and just tears off the team aren’t going to be with him, if the options are closing he needs to learn to slow and shield the ball allowing our team to catch up then he can move the ball and retain it. It’s those type of decisions that he makes that frustrate me the most with him, especially when people want to create this illusion that everyone else on the team is always letting him down. 

• Like 5

I suspect Eddie needs a French translator brought in to get the message across. 

Im happy to volunteer. 

“ Passez le fucking ballon de temps en temps, Allan, vous grande Âne!”

• Haha 3

Thought he ran with more purpose last night and also released the ball more often than usual. Finishing/final ball still poor. He needs a goal. He’s such a confidence player and wants to be the man. The flag display was a nice touch. Shame it didn’t lift him back into his best form   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Thought he ran with more purpose last night and also released the ball more often than usual. Finishing/final ball still poor. He needs a goal. He’s such a confidence player and wants to be the man. The flag display was a nice touch. Shame it didn’t lift him back into his best form   

First 10 minutes I thought here we go.  There was one time when he just watched one of their players and didnt even try and run to them.  After that he started to raise his game.

• 2 weeks later...

Mane eh? :lol: 

The kind of teammate who could get 15 assists off him would be one that could take the ball off him during one of those headless runs and smash it straight into the net from 45 yards. 

Bellend. 

• Haha 2

Aside from the fact he's having a pop at his team mates for not being on his level it's the insistence that it isn't him who needs to change and improve that is worrying. If we put him up for sale in the morning he'd find that the clubs coming in for him don't have players much better than ours.

• Like 2

Maybe if ASM had more than 8 successful crosses all season then Wood might have scored a few more. For comparison, Ryan Fraser has had 33 successful crosses despite playing 1000 minutes less.

• Like 7