Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I did make it very clear I didn't know :lol:

I thought you must've been off to google it when you told us not to. I have since and there appears to be no definitive answer anyway :lol:

I thought you must've been off to google it when you told us not to. I have since and there appears to be no definitive answer anyway :lol:

Aye, I've tried too.

Best could find was Empire State Building has been included in over 250.

I'm sure someone will find the answer.

As an aside, in the Observer (again) at the weekend, the film review bit mentioned that Swallows and Amazons didn't reflect the culturally diverse country we have become. :lol:

Swallows and Amazons is set roughly when? early 1900s? You do have to wonder at the Guardian/Observer. They're so far up their own arse with PC culture that they've lost sight of reality somewhat.

Swallows and Amazons is set roughly when? early 1900s? You do have to wonder at the Guardian/Observer. They're so far up their own arse with PC culture that they've lost sight of reality somewhat.

It's 1930s-ish. I loved the old film version of it with Ronald Fraser as Uncle Jim when I was a kid.

As an aside, in the Observer (again) at the weekend, the film review bit mentioned that Swallows and Amazons didn't reflect the culturally diverse country we have become. :lol:

Wasn't it based on a family of Syrians from Aleppo?

Edit; They were Armenian, the Altounyan family, lived in Aleppo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swallows_and_Amazons

Been having a junk spree over the last few nights watching the Xmen / Wolverine series.

Surprisingly quite enjoyed them although my heads spinning at the back and forth through time and consistency issues.

One film in particular where Wolverine makes a cameo and his only words are fuck off, was quite funny.

Currently upto the one with all the Japs. They always make sneaky villains and I do get bored with fucking ninjas.

Been having a junk spree over the last few nights watching the Xmen / Wolverine series.

Surprisingly quite enjoyed them although my heads spinning at the back and forth through time and consistency issues.

One film in particular where Wolverine makes a cameo and his only words are fuck off, was quite funny.

Currently upto the one with all the Japs. They always make sneaky villains and I do get bored with fucking ninjas.

Can't remember if you've already watched it, but you might enjoy Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds played one iteration in Wolverine: Origins, but the studio fucked up the character in the latter stages of the movie. 

You might like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy as well. They're lighter in tone than the other Marvel movies, plenty of gags and the storylines are fairly self contained so you don't need to have seen all the movies in order to understand them.

Got about 1 or 2 episodes into Jessica Jones and lost interest. Sometimes I have to be in the right frame of mind to watch that stuff.

Aye that's fair enough, with the rape, murder and torture it's definitely not in-keeping with the lighter tone Marvel stuff :lol:

I got a bit bored of Daredevil in the second season.  Only managed about four episodes after enjoying the first.  It's put Jessica Jones further down my list of shows to watch.

Watched Timecrimes the other night.  Canny film with a lot of similarities to Primer I thought.  Watched a film called Edmond last night with William H Macey in.  Very weird.

Other countries are getting in on the superhero act! The Chinese have contributed Pancake Man. Box office hit in China apparently. The Russians also have some guy who turns into a giant bear and fires a minigun :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2016/aug/25/marvel-russian-chinese-indian-film-makers-chakra-invincible-pancake-man

I got a bit bored of Daredevil in the second season.  Only managed about four episodes after enjoying the first.  It's put Jessica Jones further down my list of shows to watch.

Watched Timecrimes the other night.  Canny film with a lot of similarities to Primer I thought.  Watched a film called Edmond last night with William H Macey in.  Very weird.

Not sure they got the balance right between the 2 main plotlines. Found the Punisher story much more interesting than the Elektra stuff, but the fight scenes vs the Hand were choreographed beautifully at times.

Glad Bernthal is getting his own Punisher show as there's loads of fun to be had with Frank Castle in the reality that Marvel is building on Netflix.

Also looking forward to this, if only for the soundtrack

Not sure they got the balance right between the 2 main plotlines. Found the Punisher story much more interesting than the Elektra stuff, but the fight scenes vs the Hand were choreographed beautifully at times.

Glad Bernthal is getting his own Punisher show as there's loads of fun to be had with Frank Castle in the reality that Marvel is building on Netflix.

Also looking forward to this, if only for the soundtrack

It was the punisher bits that I found quite dull tbh.  I'm sure I'll get back to it but I'm enjoying Gomorra much more at the moment.

It was the punisher bits that I found quite dull tbh.  I'm sure I'll get back to it but I'm enjoying Gomorra much more at the moment.

Have to admit my bias, really like the Punisher comics and have never been overly fussed by Elektra's. 

Have to admit my bias, really like the Punisher comics and have never been overly fussed by Elektra's. 

I didn't really get far with Electra.  I didn't have anything particularly against The Punisher, I just wasn't as into the story as I was with Fisk.

I didn't really get far with Electra.  I didn't have anything particularly against The Punisher, I just wasn't as into the story as I was with Fisk.

D'Onofrio was/is excellent as Fisk and I think that's why I enjoyed the 1st season more than the second. I couldn't give much of a shit about Nobu & the Hand. Their threat is too vague at the minute. I expected Black Sky to be some superpowered person, but it's just Elektra being a ninja and her immortality (or rather her resurrectability).