Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I thoroughly enjoyed Gran Torina like.

Just watched Buried. Considering it has one visual actor, it was canny. Canny "oh fuck" moment as well.

Also went to see Yogi Bear, in 3D!. I had my 3 y/o with me so it didnt look too bad. Wasnt great like :D

The way you've written that implies that you really wanted to see Yogi so took your child along as cover, rather than you taking them to see a film. :icon_lol:

Thats the way it was meant to come across man :icon_lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed Gran Torina like.

Just watched Buried. Considering it has one visual actor, it was canny. Canny "oh fuck" moment as well.

Also went to see Yogi Bear, in 3D!. I had my 3 y/o with me so it didnt look too bad. Wasnt great like :D

The way you've written that implies that you really wanted to see Yogi so took your child along as cover, rather than you taking them to see a film. :icon_lol:

Thats the way it was meant to come across man :icon_lol:

:whoosh:

Fair enough :icon_lol:

I watched Into the Wild and Milk over the weekend. Both very good. I watched them one after the other and was surprised when the kid off Into The Wild turned up in Milk as a little gay fella.

Re Milk, I'll not give anything away, but despite knowing he got assassinated, I didn't realize who had done it so there was still something of a twist there.

Duplicity

Juliet Roberts and Clive Owen are spies who fall for each other but trust no-one. It's a modern spy story where pizza base ingredients are multi billion dollar secrets and huge investment in corporate espionage is rife...it could have been interesting and funny to ramp up the tension over mundane products, but it failed. Why spend 20 minutes looking for a non-secure photocopier...then complain about it...when your own mobile has a camera on it? You're supposed to be a clever spy. Why announce your stolen breakthrough before doing even the must rudimentary checks on it? Especially when the people the spies were selling the secret to knew just by looking at the formula that it was bullshit. A leave your brain at the door film is all well and good, but only if it doesn't then try to bamboozle you with the complexity of it all with several flash forwards and backwards and double/triple crossing backstabbers working all sides. In the end this was all bluff for a film that doesn't hold water at all.

Fish Tank.

If you like Ken Loach, you'll like this. Although it doesnt really take the genre anywhere new (if a genre of films documenting the British under-class can be said to exist), its well acted and a fair crack at showing the sort of issues excluded kids must face growing up on council estates etc. Not enough laughs though, apart from the younger sister having a few good lines. Manages to be fairly grim but without being overtly depressive.

Three movies in one weekend for me... In order of preference

The Social Network - Very good 8/10

True Grit - Looks great and a good tale 7/10

Wall Street money never sleeps - Pretty dismal fare (oddly Shia LeBouef actually makes it beter) 4/10

The latter not helped by the missus' questions about how investment banking/trading actually works.

Saw True Grit on Thursday. 'It's a Coen film, so it will be good." Er, good, but nothing more. I wouldn't advise folk to fork out to see it - wait 'til the dvd comes out.

Saw Black Swan tonight at The Gate. Big mistake. Full of moronic students/kids with their mobiles going all the time. The film itself was turgid.

Did you get your swans neck rubbed in the back row?

Aye :lol: Mind you, talk about black swan, the thing was red, purple, black and blue by the time she had finished. Why can't women do it properly? :lol:

The Next Three Days --- Russell Crowe

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1458175/

I'll give it a 6/10 but really it should have been a 7 or 8 possible.

A really good tale, very gripping cat and mouse stuff with a few twists thrown in. But something just wasnt right. Not sure what was missing but something.

Women were all smokin. :o

Just watched 'Prayers for Bobby' which is the true story of Mary Griffith - the (eventual) gay rights campaigner. Brilliant film and absolutely heartbreaking. Was in tears for the most of it as it is very very close to home, and I was just surprised at how good it was. Will recommend it to everyone and anyone, and will definitely be watching it again at some point.

Watched a dodgy torrent of true grit. Loved it but enjoyment was spoiled somewhat by not being able to understand a bloody word that jeff bridges was saying. Not sure how much that was down to his accent or the quality of the download. Made a mental note though to stop watching pirated movies and stick to blue rays

Watched a dodgy torrent of true grit. Loved it but enjoyment was spoiled somewhat by not being able to understand a bloody word that jeff bridges was saying. Not sure how much that was down to his accent or the quality of the download. Made a mental note though to stop watching pirated movies and stick to blue rays

From the reviews I've heard/read, he's pretty much unintelligible in the cinema too. So I wouldn't let that put you off.

I would move to downloading on Rapidshare and places like that though, cos with it being an awards nominee there's plenty good versions of True Grit out there if you look in the right places.