Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Fighter

Pretty much exactly the same as every hard-luck Boxing movie you've ever seen before, the only thing worthy of note is Christian Bale's demonstration of how much weight he can dramatically lose for a role.

True Grit. I've seen the original but really can't remember it at all so I can't compare it but I really enjoyed this. It's missing the Coen's usual quirks but it's a just a really good western which are obviously rare these days. Thoroughly enjoyed Bridges as always.

Thought there were a few chuckles which surprised me. Bridges was great. Good western. The ending was a bit of a let down though. I loved it when he was riding through the night then running with her....and then.....meh.

King's speech. Good technical performance from Firth, not convinced it's an Oscar winning perfromance in the same way I wasn't that convinced by Hoffman in 'Rain man' and Day-Lewis in 'My left foot'. I suspect it might be easier to act as a person with a disability, might be wrong like. Good luck to him though.

As for the film, sorry, I thought it was dull and boring. Think about it - it's about a monarch with a speech impediment, hardly a thriller. Worth watching on DVD but don't do it too late or you'll fall asleep before the end. It's almost impossible to emphasise with George VI as he is a complete c,c,c,c,c, cock.

I didn't dislike the king. Kept hearing about spontaneous applause in cinemas and 12 oscars and that so I think I was a week or 2 late coming to it. Enjoyable...but nae Toy Story 3.

True Grit. I've seen the original but really can't remember it at all so I can't compare it but I really enjoyed this. It's missing the Coen's usual quirks but it's a just a really good western which are obviously rare these days. Thoroughly enjoyed Bridges as always.

Thought there were a few chuckles which surprised me. Bridges was great. Good western. The ending was a bit of a let down though. I loved it when he was riding through the night then running with her....and then.....meh.

I thought it was pretty slow with very little happening but just enough to keep you interested - Aptly named 6.5/10

King's speech. Good technical performance from Firth, not convinced it's an Oscar winning perfromance in the same way I wasn't that convinced by Hoffman in 'Rain man' and Day-Lewis in 'My left foot'. I suspect it might be easier to act as a person with a disability, might be wrong like. Good luck to him though.

As for the film, sorry, I thought it was dull and boring. Think about it - it's about a monarch with a speech impediment, hardly a thriller. Worth watching on DVD but don't do it too late or you'll fall asleep before the end. It's almost impossible to emphasise with George VI as he is a complete c,c,c,c,c, cock.

I didn't dislike the king. Kept hearing about spontaneous applause in cinemas and 12 oscars and that so I think I was a week or 2 late coming to it. Enjoyable...but nae Toy Story 3.

I'm not a massive film goer but the only time I've ever heard that was watching rocky 4 in the odeon....rocky, rocky, rocky and I was in amongst it :)

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Btw, cost me £18 for two tickets and the nachos are now a fiver. What a fucking rip.

Same, I was really looking forward to it having read some of the reviews, but felt short changed.

I'm not a massive film goer but the only time I've ever heard that was watching rocky 4 in the odeon....rocky, rocky, rocky and I was in amongst it :razz:

:) On your mate's shoulders, your little dwarfy arms clapping like crazy.

I'm not a massive film goer but the only time I've ever heard that was watching rocky 4 in the odeon....rocky, rocky, rocky and I was in amongst it :razz:

:) On your mate's shoulders, your little dwarfy arms clapping like crazy.

Probably, I was only ten.

Catfish. Documentary about some bloke (early 20s) that befriends an 8 year old lass on Facebook after she sends him a painting of a photograph he took (the photo was published). Anyway, he then gets chatting to her mam and her 19 year old half-sister who is fittttt. Gradually him and the 19 year old start having a bit of an online romance. Then it slowly becomes apparent that things are not quite as they seem.

It's good, worth a watch. And only 1.5 hours long so it stays interesting.

Not sure if you were aware, but the bloke and his mates are the ones who did Capturing The Friedmans.

Just finished Catfish and I thought it was excellent. Totally gripping when they start to realise everything has been a lie.

Catfish. Documentary about some bloke (early 20s) that befriends an 8 year old lass on Facebook after she sends him a painting of a photograph he took (the photo was published). Anyway, he then gets chatting to her mam and her 19 year old half-sister who is fittttt. Gradually him and the 19 year old start having a bit of an online romance. Then it slowly becomes apparent that things are not quite as they seem.

It's good, worth a watch. And only 1.5 hours long so it stays interesting.

Not sure if you were aware, but the bloke and his mates are the ones who did Capturing The Friedmans.

Just finished Catfish and I thought it was excellent. Totally gripping when they start to realise everything has been a lie.

Thought the naivety was astounding tbh.

"Hey! (nauseating yank accent) that song is the same...Hey guys! Look it's not her song..."

I was really happy it was all fake stupid uppity new york self-centered beaky fucks. :)

Should have ended with the hicks slaughtering them and feeding them to the pigs.

Fucking iphone, macpro, photoshop yerselves out of that you fucking cunts.

Edited by Park Life

Saw Neds in the Tyneside last night (as it has a very limited release). Thought it was excellent, bought back scary memories of school days and vague recollections of Glasgow in the 1970s. Highly recommended.

I'm now going to have nightmares of being chased by a young bare-chested Gary Barlow with knives for hands.