Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

About Schmidt

An absolute turd. How exactly is it a comedy? Its not. It's really not. For a supposedly comedic movie, I didn't laugh once. Jack Nicholson takes a road trip in his RV that was bought for him and his wife to enjoy retirement. Cue alot of soliloquay that really doesn't go anywhere other than to tell the viewer that he's lonely, which we gathered from the opening. If this wasn't bad enough, the movie is just so ridiculously sad and depressing that I almost burst into tears when the ice cream had ran out. It was an emotional trip over nothing other than a lonely old man, and there's only so much of that you can put up with in the narrative before you really start wondering what the film is trying to put accross other than Jack Nicholson is having a hard time dealing with being lonely. Too pedestrian, not enough funnies for a comedy (it didn't even work as a black comedy for god sake) genre and even though I thought Nicholson's performance was as very good, the overall movie was just like visiting your grandparents on a sunday afternoon when it's greay and pissing it down outside, whilst they recollect to you stories of how they walked the dog or had someone in to fix the roof.

Very poor. 2/10

I've been watching too many Kermode film reviews. :D

You are Kermode you boring fucka.

Star Trek.

Loved it ! absolutely fucking loved it ! I would have gladly cued up and watched it again.

Mong.

I feel my review has been validated.

Star Trek.

Loved it ! absolutely fucking loved it ! I would have gladly cued up and watched it again.

Mong.

What you love about it fuckneck? :D

Star Trek.

Mong.

Just about everything, fun, excitement, action, brilliant casting of actors who totally nailed each and every role, especially Urban and Quinto, it was so refreshing to see a tired and dull series of movies refreshed and rebooted, ticked just about every box for me, loved it.

Star Trek.

Mong.

Just about everything, fun, excitement, action, brilliant casting of actors who totally nailed each and every role, especially Urban and Quinto, it was so refreshing to see a tired and dull series of movies refreshed and rebooted, ticked just about every box for me, loved it.

Mmm..Maybe I need to see it again.

Loved all the Spock stuff btw and the ships looked ace. Sometimes when I'm really looking forward to something I tend ot over criticise it.

Star Trek.

Mong.

Mmm..Maybe I need to see it again.

Loved all the Spock stuff btw and the ships looked ace. Sometimes when I'm really looking forward to something I tend ot over criticise it.

I was expecting a "George Lucas" but it never happened, I thought it was top class fun and entertainment, and it had humour without turning into Red Dwarf.

Body of Lies.

The first film Di Caprio has made a fantastic performance in imo.

Crowe's character has been done many times before i.e. the dishevelled boffin bloke, but he carried it off fairly well.

A reasonably good story with some good scenes and some amazing mobile fone signals :D:lol:

8/10.

Body of Lies.

The first film Di Caprio has made a fantastic performance in imo.

Crowe's character has been done many times before i.e. the dishevelled boffin bloke, but he carried it off fairly well.

A reasonably good story with some good scenes and some amazing mobile fone signals :D:lol:

8/10.

This is the scriptwriters new get out of jail free card.

The Leopard 7/10. Well made and an execellent performanc from Lancaster despite him being dubbed into Italian. Interesting film but not one I ever really fell for.

The Desperate Hours 6/10/ Not Bogarts best film by any means but he puts in a solid shift as the bad guy and as with all of his films it's well worth a watch.

Star Trek- Really enjoyed it, would recommend to people too.

good quality block buster which sets itself up as the beginning of a rebranded franchise. Well cast and with the right mix of humour and peril

Cass.

Thought it was a quality film.

A film about Cockney wankers for Cockney wankers <_<

Only gutted because "we" smashed up your gaff guv'nor apple n pears, knees up mather braaaan sssllllaaaaaaggggg and all that!

Cass.

Thought it was a quality film.

A film about Cockney wankers for Cockney wankers <_<

Only gutted because "we" smashed up your gaff guv'nor apple n pears, knees up mather braaaan sssllllaaaaaaggggg and all that!

Is it a Guy Ritchie film featuring Danny Dyer or something?

Sounds Like Teen Spirit

It's a genre that's been done to death of late, the "documentary about subgroup of kids with a weird interest" thing, and I freely admit that my Eurovision fetish makes me a far from unbiased observer - but this is just lovely. Equal parts funny, poignant, powerful and downright entertaining, I defy you to watch it without grudgingly admitting it's a canny flick. And it's on at the Tyneside later this month so you've no excuse. :rolleyes: Be warned, though: you might end up wanting to adopt a camp-as-a-row-of-tents doe-eyed Cypriot boy.

Sounds Like Teen Spirit

It's a genre that's been done to death of late, the "documentary about subgroup of kids with a weird interest" thing, and I freely admit that my Eurovision fetish makes me a far from unbiased observer - but this is just lovely. Equal parts funny, poignant, powerful and downright entertaining, I defy you to watch it without grudgingly admitting it's a canny flick. And it's on at the Tyneside later this month so you've no excuse. :rolleyes:Be warned, though: you might end up wanting to adopt a camp-as-a-row-of-tents doe-eyed Cypriot boy.

sounds like a plan :yahoo:

Sounds Like Teen Spirit

It's a genre that's been done to death of late, the "documentary about subgroup of kids with a weird interest" thing, and I freely admit that my Eurovision fetish makes me a far from unbiased observer - but this is just lovely. Equal parts funny, poignant, powerful and downright entertaining, I defy you to watch it without grudgingly admitting it's a canny flick. And it's on at the Tyneside later this month so you've no excuse. :rolleyes:Be warned, though: you might end up wanting to adopt a camp-as-a-row-of-tents doe-eyed Cypriot boy.

sounds like a plan :yahoo:

He's too young even for you. :boogie:

Sounds Like Teen Spirit

It's a genre that's been done to death of late, the "documentary about subgroup of kids with a weird interest" thing, and I freely admit that my Eurovision fetish makes me a far from unbiased observer - but this is just lovely. Equal parts funny, poignant, powerful and downright entertaining, I defy you to watch it without grudgingly admitting it's a canny flick. And it's on at the Tyneside later this month so you've no excuse. :rolleyes: Be warned, though: you might end up wanting to adopt a camp-as-a-row-of-tents doe-eyed Cypriot boy.

It's one of four films being shown in Melbourne this month as part of a music film series. Mine's one of the other three :yahoo: