Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Saw Meet The Robinsons today with the kids and really enjoyed it. It wasnt the usual formulaic crap that most of these cgi films are these days and actually had a bit of heart!

loads of marx brothers-like one liners and as expected superb visually.

Rocky Balboa. The first two Rockys are class, III, IV and V are all ropey, but I just didn't see the point in this one. Or Rocky V tbh. Who wants to see Rocky doing the "last hurrah" thing as a washed up old has-been? He looked rough as fuck and had varicose veins in his arms and chest ffs!

The film was enjoyable enough like even the worst Rocky films are, but they shouldn't really have bothered imo.

The Departed - Very Good, I enjoyed it more than Infernal Affairs which I also liked a lot.

Out Of The Past - Classic film noir with Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas. Took me a while to get used to Mitchum in a role that I would normally expect to see Bogart in but thought he was excellent by the end.

A Cock and Bull Story - Very funny but seemed more like a tv program than a film.

The Man Who Wasn't There - Disapointed tbh. Probably the worst Cohen brothers film I've seen.

Renaisance - Really interesting black and white animation but I lost the plot of the film (probably because I kept falling asleep like) and the voice acting was shite for a pretty decent cast.

Rocky Balboa. The first two Rockys are class, III, IV and V are all ropey, but I just didn't see the point in this one. Or Rocky V tbh. Who wants to see Rocky doing the "last hurrah" thing as a washed up old has-been? He looked rough as fuck and had varicose veins in his arms and chest ffs!

The film was enjoyable enough like even the worst Rocky films are, but they shouldn't really have bothered imo.

Varicose veins in his chest? :lol:

The first Rocky was canny enough, the rest are all pants from what I remember.

The Man Who Wasn't There - Disapointed tbh. Probably the worst Cohen brothers film I've seen.

:lol:

Have you seen The Ladykillers or Intolerable Cruelty?

I don't think The Man Who Wasn't There is as good as their best, but it would probably be one of the best films to get a wide release 50 out of 52 weeks in the year.

I don't think The Man Who Wasn't There is as good as their best, but it would probably be one of the best films to get a wide release 50 out of 52 weeks in the year.

I've got Intolerable Cruelty to watch (really looking forward to it now like :lol: ) and I've not seen the Ladykillers either (I want to wait until I've seen the original).

It wasn't a bad film just when compared to Millers Crossing, Fargo, The Big Lebowski etc I was just left disapointed. And I don't think I like Billy Bob Thornton much tbh.

Guest Patrokles

I have a good few films I just got hold of (Bang-Rajan, Seven Swords, Del Toro dox set, a few others) and should watch but for some reason I find that I just sit around doing fuck all rather than watching them. I think it's because I don't really like watching films alone. But it makes a nonsense of my decision to get them.

Guest Patrokles

That was on the plane, but I ended up watching History boys three times instead, and then 5 minutes of Happy Feet in Spanish. I did turn over for the climax to the Rocky, though, given that's usually the only part worth watching. On the flight home, though, they had the new on-demand thing they're trying, so that was nice.

I've got Intolerable Cruelty to watch (really looking forward to it now like :lol: ) and I've not seen the Ladykillers either (I want to wait until I've seen the original).

It wasn't a bad film just when compared to Millers Crossing, Fargo, The Big Lebowski etc I was just left disapointed. And I don't think I like Billy Bob Thornton much tbh.

Billy-Bob is a legend tbh.

"Heavens to betsy Birdy"

Bad Santa?

"Heavens to betsy Birdy"

Bad Santa?

I've never got round to watching Bad Santa for some reason (despite it being on Sky movies all the time around Christmas when I had access to it).

I liked him in A Simple Plan but he just seems to be annoying me a bit at the minute and I don't really know why.

"Heavens to betsy Birdy"

Bad Santa?

MWWT is fine, love the photography.

"Heavens to betsy Birdy"

Bad Santa?

He's quality in Sling Blade too. Plays a spaz.

:)

I've got Intolerable Cruelty to watch (really looking forward to it now like ;) ) and I've not seen the Ladykillers either (I want to wait until I've seen the original).

"Heavens to betsy Birdy"

Bad Santa?

I haven't seen it but it does look sumptious. Although a bit put off the Coens after watching Millers Crossing recently. I know you guys love it but I thought it was boring, self-indulgent, over-convoluted tripe.

Love The Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Though, though.

City Of God - Fucking brilliant and frightening to think that this is what goes on in parts of the world.

In The Mood For Love - Really good Hong Kong film about a love story between two people who's spouses are having an affair with each other. Beutifully shot with fantastic music.

Rififi - Along with the Killing and Resevoir Dogs, this is probably one of the best heist movies ever made.