Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Super 8

Excellent

8/10

Best way to describe this film is like a mixture of The Goonies, Stand by me, ET, Jaws and King Kong. If you liked a few of them you will probably love this.

It's a long way from being as good as any of those films though!

Eagle Eye - Utter turd. Steven Spielberg produced "thriller" supposedly like Enemy of the state, in fact it's a sci-fi film with a HAL style AI computer that can make anything in the world happen. Zero plausibility, tension, involvement, empathy, excitement. An abundance of fast cutting, confused action, explosions and car wrecks.

Harry Potter - The last one. Great stuff. Thought there'd be more of a battle, but it was always more in the background. I guffawed when Voldermorts bloodied foetus showed up and the rest of the cinema was totally silent :lol: . Snape's flashback was lush though, Neville's heroism too. I was certain one thing would happen, was disappointed it didn't, but was then pleased by the denouement. Throughout all the films my biggest problem has been with the plot (Rowling's part). I've not read the books, but that shouldn't leave me at a disadvantage as a viewer. There never seems to be any thought out logic to how the story moves on, Harry just 'senses' a hawcrux (or whatever) and they move on to destroying that one using some method or other. Hermione makes some leap of logic I don't quite follow that may refer to something that was mentioned in book 1...and we're off to another location. For some reason or other, Hagrid is tied up in the woods....presumably just so he can make an appearance. Kids films though, you can let it off, but stops the series being up there with Star Wars (originals) or LOTR for example. The action itself and the 3 main characters are up their with anything from those films though.

3D was nice too...just added depth, didn't point things at the audience. Lots of Leone type shots of eyeballs in the foreground and huge rooms expanding into the background.

Edited by Happy Face

The Inbetweeners. Tried not to get my hopes up, especially after series three disappointed, but it was very funny. They nailed so many things about lads holidays or just generally lads out on the piss. Some of the holiday romance stuff was a bit wank but even they paid off with laughs.

two men went to war.

true story about two soldiers in ww2 as dentists who decide to invade france on their own with only handguns and a few grenades. they stole a boat went over blew a couple things up like rail lines ect... and came back but they got caught by the british and were treated as german spies at first really good family film it's on bbc iplayer.

Anti-Christ.

Bizarre.

Certainly an experience.

Wouldn't go so far as to call it good, the prologue was the best bit. But it reminded me of Audition.....which is similarly slow growing before a horrific end. I was agape. Wacky would love it. Loads of tits and fanny. Meenzer as well because there's a bit of cock too. Once they get onto the explicit genital mutilation though, it's not quite as erotic :lol:

As recommended on here:

The Verdict. Not a bad yarn 8/10

Skeletons. Weird as fuck. I can't decide whether it's good or bad. Jury's out on the vote.

EDIT: Forgot to mention 25th Hour. Okay. 7/10. Love the way the detective says "sheeeeeeeit" :wub:

Not recommended on here:

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. Another blast from the past. 8/10

Deliverance. 7/10

Tombstone. Okay, but not the best wezzie ever made. 7/10

Edited by snakehips