Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

didnt you read the message he said am i going to cinema to watch it i said no silly

My point being that cinemas aren't like that in real life.

sorry but cinemas are a waste of time sure the sound and everything is great but sitting and watching it is a pain you have idiots talking moving in front of you or there digging there knees into your chair or there thrown stuff around the cinema

Genuinely DEADMAN, don't go on at peak times and you don't get that at all. Also don't go to cinemas in shit holes. Mind, you're a big lad, so why not break the face of the guy kicking your chair?

haha thats the worset thing to do break his face il more than likely get my head smashed in hahaha

Such a gentle soul, yet the cold dead eyes of a serial killer

I read a press release issued by Paramount yesterday, concerning the film adaption of Max Brooks' World War Z, which is in production as i speak.

Disappointed by what i learned. The plot synopsis follows the trail of a United Nations official's (Brad Pitt in the central role) globetrotting race against time to save the world from a zombie pandemic, which has already crushed armies worldwide. In true Hollywood tradition the producers/money men have destroyed another canny book. For those who have read the book , the revised plot is a severe diversion from the book's story telling format and original premise which is more of a 'review in the aftermath of, or after the fact.

Even worse, according to a couple of snippets i have read, the producers are hoping to cash-in on Pitt's marketability, therefore the film is being geared more towards a PG type of audience ie. The Transformers crowd. With that in mind the book is heavy handed & confronting when the issue of pandemic containment is discussed, so i expect this element of the book to be radically 'dumbed down' so to speak.

Brooks was apparently pretty excited by an early screenplay (a version he was consulted on apparently) which was faithful to the spirit of the book. It appears as though the studio bigwigs have won the battle though and the aforementioned screenplay has been retired to the 'too adventurous' scrapheap, and it's a disappointment.

Edited by Year Zero

Kickboxer, Rainman, Happy Gilmore and A Clockwork Orange are all on TV now - tough decisions, but I think I'll go for Kickboxer. You bweeeeeeeed like Myyyyyweeeeennnneeeeeeee.

Horrible bosses - awful yank comedy aimed at kids...

Planet of the apes - couldnt bring myself to see it after the shit but hilarious trailer.

omg you absolute ballroot. fakin' hell. just go away.

kids will be kids

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Absolutely superb film, and an incredibly sad end. Glad I finally got the chance to watch it though.

One of my favourites of all time, love both the book and the film

Sucker Punch. Loved it. In the mold of Shutter Island only with Emily Browning who is stunning. Good sound track as well. Certainly recommend this one.

Due Date

Loved that film. Better than the Hangover imo (as in it actually made me laugh out loud rather than smirk out of politeness).

Yeh I know what you mean. A couple of things on Hangover made me LOL but a LOT more did on Due Date ;)

tbh i hated it, and ironically i'd be it's sort of target audience being a bit of a geek. (shaddup)

Same with scott pilgrim thought it was stupid.

Watched the new planet of the apes and thought it was great (i hated the originals)

See now I wasnt keen on Scott Pilgrim. It had been built up too much for me. It was "ok" but I didnt really get it. While Kick Ass, I did like.

I'd like to see the new PotA. Also C&A & Conan.