Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

A Prophet

One of the best films I've seen in a while. Superb.

It's mega.

A great time-worn story told really well. Just great storytelling (and the fantastic acting doesn't hurt either).

Also check out the film the same director just made prior : The Beat My Heart Skipped. A film about masculinity, being tethered to one's roots and family that's similar in theme to Mean Streets (though, not quite as good).

Having trouble finding one with subs..

Saw Source Code yesterday. It was ok, but having heard Kermode big it up, I was a bit disappointed. It was nothing like as good as he made out.

Disaster+terrorism+romance+hollywood=nonsense.

Fast and Furious 5. Had no expectations given that the first four were pretty shite but the bird loves them so I played along and quite enjoyed it. Unlike the rest there was something aproaching a plot and it was pretty entertaining.

Cabin Fever 2 - It was ok, but the 1st one was alot better than this one, the virus in this one was a little bit exaggerated for me.

Paranormal Activity 1 & 2 - Seen both of these. 1st one was great giving the budget that it was made with. The film was made with $15'000 and managed to make over $100m in America. The 2nd one ties in the with the 1st Paranormal Activity as the people in the 2nd one are related to the ones in the 1st. All in all though both were great, and keep you wondering when something is going to happen.

Off to see Insidious on Friday.

Dodgy sleep patterns over the last 24 hours meant I watched Total Recall and Mad Max 2 between about 2 and 5 this morning.

Still enjoyable viewing but nearly shit myself when I saw MM2 was made in 1981 - 30 fucking years ago.

Cabin Fever 2 - It was ok, but the 1st one was alot better than this one, the virus in this one was a little bit exaggerated for me.

Paranormal Activity 1 & 2 - Seen both of these. 1st one was great giving the budget that it was made with. The film was made with $15'000 and managed to make over $100m in America. The 2nd one ties in the with the 1st Paranormal Activity as the people in the 2nd one are related to the ones in the 1st. All in all though both were great, and keep you wondering when something is going to happen.

Off to see Insidious on Friday.

The pool cleaner disappointed me ;):D kept hoping it'd go on a rampage

:blush:

Really disappointed with PA2, which I watched last night. Thought there was a bit too much of the 'build up' stuff but not a lot really happened. Plus the main guy in it was a pain in the arse (and why did they seem so reluctant to actually watch any of the footage..?!)

Saw Scre4m as well the other day, thought it was ok. Bit boring at the start but improved when they got down to the rules and shit.

Insidious is next on the list.

Scre4m

Thought it was brilliant. The whole time I felt like I was watching a proper spoof movie, rather than the shit clocked up by Seltzer, Zucker etc etc.

I thought it was shite. Scream was a parody of horror films. Scream 2 was a parody of sequels. Scream 3 was stretching it. Scream 4 smacks of a quick buck 10 years down the line and was a jumbled mess and rip off of the first one.

Scre4m

Thought it was brilliant. The whole time I felt like I was watching a proper spoof movie, rather than the shit clocked up by Seltzer, Zucker etc etc.

I thought it was shite. Scream was a parody of horror films. Scream 2 was a parody of sequels. Scream 3 was stretching it. Scream 4 smacks of a quick buck 10 years down the line and was a jumbled mess and rip off of the first one.

Seen any funny pictures lately?

Prince of Persia, okay. Not as good as the games though.

I'm sure I thought Gemma Arterton was hotter than she was in this.

I put this off after 20 minutes the other night. I thought to myself "You're better than this, you sexy beast."

I am and so are you khay.

Sexy Beast . Was on Film4 other night and i got drawn in.

Seen it a few times - love Ben Kingsley in it and there's something about the general 'sparseness' of it i like.

Only just realised it's UNKLE doing some of the soundtrack too :lol: - which is never a bad thing .

"yes yes yes yes yes yes"