Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched Fighter on an aeroplane the other day. Not bad. 7/10

Also watched Social Network on the same aircraft. Okay. 7/10

Angels With Desire the other day. Not bad 7/10

I'm All Right Jack. A bit of prophetic British class 8/10

Small Time. Hmmm. Very low budget British thing that never went anywhere. Set in Sneinton (or some such shithole near Nottingham). 4/10

Fish Tank. 8.5/10. Low budget British film set in the Barking area. Another snapshot of urban Britain, which I love. If you don't like young girls calling folk (their mother included) caaant, then this aint for you.

The Tillman Story. Documentary about an NFL player who enlists to fight in the US Army, and end up being killed. The story is that the US military, government and media tried to spin it into a story of heroism, and use it as a recruitment tool, when in actual fact he was killed in a friendly fire fuck up. Worth a watch.

I watched the Unforgiven last night with Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman, best Cowboy film for me, like.

Fucking great film. Also give a western called 'Once Upon A Time In The West' a go: staggeringly good film.

Tis.

Also staggeringly long mind. 3hrs. :icon_lol:

Eastwoods best film as dir by a mile. Seen it about 6 times now. He had the script a long time before he was ready to make it apparently.

The Tillman Story. Documentary about an NFL player who enlists to fight in the US Army, and end up being killed. The story is that the US military, government and media tried to spin it into a story of heroism, and use it as a recruitment tool, when in actual fact he was killed in a friendly fire fuck up. Worth a watch.

Just started shooting at each other out of boredom the way it came out.

A Prophet

One of the best films I've seen in a while. Superb.

It's mega.

The bit for me that made it a truly great film was the final scene when he gets out of jail.

When he's taking that walk with Ryad's wife and bairn - and he has the convoy behind him. Truly epic.

A Prophet

It's mega.

A great time-worn story told really well. Just great storytelling (and the fantastic acting doesn't hurt either).

Also check out the film the same director just made prior : The Beat My Heart Skipped. A film about masculinity, being tethered to one's roots and family that's similar in theme to Mean Streets (though, not quite as good).

Edited by dbsweeney

A Prophet

It's mega.

A great time-worn story told really well. Just great storytelling (and the fantastic acting doesn't hurt either).

Also check out the film the same director just made prior : The Beat My Heart Skipped. A film about masculinity, being tethered to one's roots and family that's similar in theme to Mean Streets (though, not quite as good).

The Beat That My Heart Skipped is fantastic as well.

I never realised they were both from the same director until I was doing a bit of reading up on A Prophet yesterday.

A Prophet

It's mega.

I never realised they were both from the same director until I was doing a bit of reading up on A Prophet yesterday.

You all seen The Consequences of Love?

Mint

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1

Annoyed me that every time things seemed hopeless they just hold hands and teleport to another location......if they can do that why did they run away from the people in the woods and end up captured?....and why didn't they do that at the start rather than going on a chase and killing that bong eyed one?

Ignoring that, it was a canny couple of hours. I'm sure it was much better than the alternative - The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler :icon_lol:

Wor lass was blubbing worse than John Boehner making a speech.

A Prophet

It's mega.

You all seen The Consequences of Love?

Mint

Aye, quality that like, as is TBTMHS.