Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Anvil. Brilliant documentary.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this.

Real-life Spinal Tap.

If, in the final scene, you are not standing on the table,giving it air guitar and "Devil horns" fingers, you are dead to the world.

There Will Be Blood.

I thought it was terrible. They built this movie around Daniel Day Lewis putting in an exceptional performance - which he gave - but it wasnt enough. Dire.

I was kinda half-way there throughout most of the picture, but the ending pushed it into - wow, that was good territory for sure.

I watched Bruno last night.

Holy.

Shit.

:good:

Predictably, the most offensive part of the movie wasn't even mentioned over by the media over here- it had nothing to do with gays. It had everything to do with people being interviewed for a photo shoot with kids.

I watched the second X-files film last night.

I used to be a fan of the series until it lost its way imo about half way through but just decided to watch this for nostalgia's sake.

It wasn't bad but the religious elements of it jarred a bit - I know its America but theres still something about characters who I think of as rational and intelligent, glibly spouting off about their faith.

Real-life Spinal Tap.

If, in the final scene, you are not standing on the table,giving it air guitar and "Devil horns" fingers, you are dead to the world.

They are making a fortune now. Basically on the back of that documentary.

Playing big festivals and re-releasing albums.

Real-life Spinal Tap.

delighted for them. That final scene was superb. Lips is a top bloke.

Real-life Spinal Tap.

delighted for them. That final scene was superb. Lips is a top bloke.

Yeh it's nice to see them doing well and earning some deserved cash.

They work hard and worked for little financial reward which keeps a lot of bands going. I can't imagine many bands going on that long without earning something, Bono would be selling sun glasses at Dublin market and Noel Gallagher would be on the dole probably.

Even though acts like Trvium are treating them as a novelty to have them on the same bill it gets them playing to big crowds and they earn some money. Nice.

I watched the North Face last week, brilliant film despite having German subtitles.

Also watched Lost in translation again on Saturday. Think it's been debated on here before but I love that film. Reminds me of a stripped down version of American Beauty, which I also loved. Really makes me want to visit Japan too.

Inglorious Basterds.

A great watch but I generally hate the juvenile way in which Tarantino puts his films together sometimes. He just can't escape the use of chapters so the narrative is always stumbling as well as using flashbacks and the like.

However nice and violent and quite funny.

The Mist

Bit of a casual decision to watch it on Sky but I'm glad I did. A lot of King books don't work as films but I'd forgotten how much this story taps into twin fears - taking away the senses to an extent and "creepy crawlies". Quite disturbing.

Fantastic ending and also a good safety tip - if you ever get in a situation like that, shoot the religious whack job on the first day.

Really? I thought it was absolute shite! Watched it when I was off sick a while back cos there was nowt else on.

Watched 300 for the first time last night, and enjoyed it. Bruno too, which was pretty hit and miss, mostly miss.

Watched three movies over the weekend.

My sisters keeper - During which I struggled to maintain my reputation for being a heartless, emotion-free bastard. It's a bit smultzy, but it is genuinely emotional.

Looking for Eric - Which I really enjoyed, Cantona is fantastic, feel good movie.

The Damned United - A bit of a football history lesson for me, but what became apparent was what a little twat Billy Bremer was. From what I've read and seen of Clough, it's difficult to believe he'd get that worked up about somebody else.

My sisters keeper - During which I struggled to maintain my reputation for being a heartless, emotion-free bastard. It's a bit smultzy, but it is genuinely emotional.

you're kidding right?

my GF dragged me to the cinema to see that when it first came out by the end I wanted to kill myself to relieve the boredom and she'd fallen asleep

you're kidding right?

my GF dragged me to the cinema to see that when it first came out by the end I wanted to kill myself to relieve the boredom and she'd fallen asleep

You heartless, emotion-free bastard!! :razz: