Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Naked on Film Four last night.

David Thewlis top actor , jammy bastard( shagging Anna Friel)

Absolutely love that film. Seems to be a one often forgotten about when people talk about Mike Leigh films and good British films in general. I don't suppose anyone has read Thewlis' novel have they? It's meant to be good.

Absolutely love that film. Seems to be a one often forgotten about when people talk about Mike Leigh films and good British films in general. I don't suppose anyone has read Thewlis' novel have they? It's meant to be good.

It was on film four they've just had a Mike Leigh season- they'll probably run it again soon.

haven't read his book, but he's a cracking actor- seriously under-rated I think.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

It was on film four they've just had a Mike Leigh season- they'll probably run it again soon.

haven't read his book, but he's a cracking actor- seriously under-rated I think.

Aye, he's class. I saw it was on Film Four but it didn't finish until about one.

Aye, he's class. I saw it was on Film Four but it didn't finish until about one.

Night Owl :D

Way of the Gun

I really couldn't care less about the baby and all that shit. The characters interest me though. I'd liked to have seen more interplay between Del Toro and Phillipe, definitely more from Caan.

To be honest it plays like a film that's leading somewhere, then it just stops. I certainly could have seen another film following these characters at least.

Flight 666 - Following Iron Maiden on tour. Very good, interesting and amusing.

Choke - These are the kind of films I get so easily hooked on. This one was interesting, then it got very interesting... and then it just kind fizzled out completely and made not much sense. Shame. Lots of titties though.

Metropolis 9/10. Easily the best silent film I've seen with the only flaw being the acting of the main bloke. Crying shame they are missing bits of it.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry485986

:scratchhead:

Well I was just taking the work of that DVD I got from you :aye:

Gun Crazy - 8/10 Bonnie and Clyde style film from 1950 except it's much better than Bonnie & Clyde.

Edited by David Kelly

fear eats the soul - 8/10

tokyo story - 9/10

Fantastic film that. Never thought I'd be so glued to a film where so little happens and the camera barely moves but I completely loved it.

yeah it's fantastic isn't it?

I'd recommend Floating Weeds & End of Summer (two of his later ones) - both excellent as well.

tokyo story - 9/10

Fantastic film that. Never thought I'd be so glued to a film where so little happens and the camera barely moves but I completely loved it.

I'd recommend Floating Weeds & End of Summer (two of his later ones) - both excellent as well.

Yeah I'm trying to get a hold of more of his stuff but a lot of them aren't cheap. Actually on looking at Amazon both of those are available for about £6 so if I can't find am alternative method :aye: I might give them a pop.

Just saw Wolverine. It wasn't bad, actually...a bit all over the place, but it was entertaining throughout and Jackman/Schreiber were great. 6/10

pretty simialr view to mine. I think they could have stretched it out a bit.

Didn't like what they did with the Deadpool Character. The whole point is that he's a poor mans Wolverine. He's given his regenerative ability, but certainly not the teleportation or laser eyes. Plus sewing up his mouth takes 90% of the character away. The love story seemed a bit... ham fisted.

But Jackman, Schreiber, Reynolds and a couple of the others worked well. Maybe too many characters to balance the story with, but I enjoyed the movie. Some cool parts and some unashamedly corny parts, but I liked it none-the-less.

tokyo story - 9/10

Yeah I'm trying to get a hold of more of his stuff but a lot of them aren't cheap. Actually on looking at Amazon both of those are available for about £6 so if I can't find am alternative method :aye: I might give them a pop.

www.dddhouse.com

All Ozu and Kurosawa are coppers there. Not quite up there with the quality of the Criterion editions like.

Bolt

Buzz Lightyear was believable as a toy who thinks he's a real space hero because he comes fresh out the box like that. Bolt is supposed to believe he's a superhero because an entire studio has been dedicated to making him think that since he was born, going so far as to shoot the TV show he stars in in real time including all his super power effects. It's just a kids film, but it's that kind of unbelievable forcing of a square peg into a round hole (as well as the associated lack of originality) that means it's just a good kids cartoon rather than a great comedy for people of all ages.

The Hamster is funny though.

"I'll get a ladder" :aye: