Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

'Tommy', the DVD only cost £4.99 from Virgin. Bargain for all Who fans!

46758[/snapback]

The Wall is better tbh :)

46841[/snapback]

:yes

Obsessed! One day you realise how wrong you are. :nufc:

46845[/snapback]

I'm never wrong :blush:

Oh, i forgot about 'Tigerland' which was on BBC1 last night. Was ok like, but it wasn't the best Vietnam wat film i've ever seen.

46822[/snapback]

Good film, Farrell proves he's got some talent in it. Agreed though there's plenty of better war movies.

46827[/snapback]

Not seen Alexander then ?

Not seen Alexander then ?

46870[/snapback]

I'm steering well clear, I think there's more than that that make him look shite, I have unfortunately seen both Phone Booth and SWAT. Still reckon he was good in Tigerland. Must have started believing his own hype, thinking he was LL Cool Pants or Pee Diddly. Now he's one of the worst actors in Hollywood.

Haggard - Very weird film. Its Bam Margeras jackass crew acting a storyline.. Its quite funny but it is odd! Dunno how it made it as a film!

46906[/snapback]

Bloody odd is right mate! The scene with the guy lying down with the telly sideways is funny like! 'have you been taking acid again' 'yeah *laughs at the white noise of the tv*'

I suppose you have to watch it really!

Haggard - Very weird film. Its Bam Margeras jackass crew acting a storyline.. Its quite funny but it is odd! Dunno how it made it as a film!

46906[/snapback]

Bloody odd is right mate! The scene with the guy lying down with the telly sideways is funny like! 'have you been taking acid again' 'yeah *laughs at the white noise of the tv*'

I suppose you have to watch it really!

47072[/snapback]

You do. I watched it expecting to see like a jackass film but it being set as a movie was odd! Don Vito was hilarious as always! Their acting isn't too bad either and Dicamillo is so god damn funny :crylaughin:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting seriously worried about the number of classic films left for me to watch. Soon I'll have to rely on what's currently being released and I'll get very depressed.

I crossed a few alleged classics off the list this week and there's a couple I'd agree should be labelled as such.

Casablanca

I Love Ingrid Bergman. She's brilliant in Spellbound and (moreso) Notorious, but in Casablanca she's just glorious. She gets dragged along without a say in anything looking down doefully like a prototype Princess Di and examining every corner of humphrey Bogarts face. I love her. It's strange that I believed that the Nazi's would gladly watch a French freedom fighter go about his business of escaping when they had every opportunity to capture/kill him but willful suspension of disbelief is a pre-requisite in enjoying the film.

The Right Stuff

Why wasn't I informed that this would be possibly one of the 10 greatest films I'd have ever seen? IMDB haven't even got it in the top 250! Expecting a heavy drama, I was knocked for 6 by the middle hour which was one of the funniest hours of non-comedy film I've seen. The fact that it's at the expense of the astronauts it's about doesn't at all diminish the emotional impact of the last hour though.

The other 'classics' I watched that I wouldn't class as such were:

The Great Dictator which was occasionally amusing but nowhere near the standards Chaplin set earlier with The Kid, The Circus, The Gold Rush etc.

Red Beard which was brilliant but I've not seen a Kurosawa film that wasn't so I expected nothing less.

Moby Dick The John Huston one with Gregory Peck. It was hammed up to the ying yang but still quite entertaining.

One last film I saw this week which it's never been suggested is a classic was Palindromes. I'm a big fan of Todd Solondz and I really enjoyed this. I can see why other people might not like it but for me using 8 different actors/actresses for the lead role worked. The performances were perfectly pitched for each scene the selected actor was playing. It might have been distasteful to have an 8 year old want to be a mother (but surely most do) or to have a 14 year old act on that desire (which admittedly most don't), and it's definately in poor taste to portray paedophiles in a sympathetic light (as he also does in happiness), but he gives both sides of the abortion debate a good slagging off which I think they deserve and it was interesting to see him come out at the end and defend himself against his critics.

• 3 weeks later...

Took mrs hips to see 'Mrs Henderson Presents' this afternoon.

Quite a simple tale really but worth an hour or so at the cinema.

Some nice breasts to admire and one or two tadgers for the ladeeys also (though I doubt they will be getting 'damp' at the sight of Bob Hoskin's 'Old Man' :lol::lol: )

Love Story is about to start in an hour. Slushy as fuck but when that intro music hits, you just gotta sit down and buckle up for another ride on that emotional rollercoaster!

....dee dah dah dah doo.........dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dah dah dooOOOooooOOOooo!!!

Mint! :lol:

Love Story is about to start in an hour. Slushy as fuck but when that intro music hits, you just gotta sit down and buckle up for another ride on that emotional rollercoaster!

....dee dah dah dah doo.........dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dah dah dooOOOooooOOOooo!!!

62228[/snapback]

Oh my word. I didn't know that was on tonight! :lol:

62228[/snapback]

62230[/snapback]

Indeed it is! Preppy! :icon_lol:

Oh and by the way, I meant this Love Story:

B000059TEQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

........and not this dirty fucking manga filth!

step_up_06.jpg

Mint! :icon_lol:

62228[/snapback]

62230[/snapback]

Indeed it is! Preppy! ;)

step_up_06.jpg

62231[/snapback]

:lol:

I did realise you meant the first one. You're right about the music like - I'm in bits before the film even bloody starts.

Edited by catmag

Mint! ;)

62228[/snapback]

62230[/snapback]

Indeed it is! Preppy! :icon_lol:

step_up_06.jpg

62231[/snapback]

I did realise you meant the first one. You're right about the music like - I'm in bits before the film even bloody starts.

62233[/snapback]

Just checking. I can never quite tell with you!

Right.......I'm off to get the mansize kleenex! :icon_lol:

Right.......I'm off to get the mansize kleenex! :lol:

62237[/snapback]

Is that to mop up during the first version or the second? :lol:

Right.......I'm off to get the mansize kleenex! ;)

62237[/snapback]

Is that to mop up during the first version or the second? :lol:

62239[/snapback]

No, I just need a shite and we've run out of loo roll. :icon_lol:

It's gonna be a messy evening!

Right.......I'm off to get the mansize kleenex! :lol:

62237[/snapback]

So it's true what they say? About your enormous hooter, that is?? :lol:

62240[/snapback]

You know what they say about blokes with enormous hooters though....

(Before anyone starts I'm not talking about man boobs either!)